Controllability with the included remote control vs. the iphone/ipad
1. Is the controllable range the same with the remote controller as it is with the iphone/ipad as the controller?
2. Does the iphone or ipad need a cellular signal in order to achieve the 4.7 mile range?
- Asked by John V from Marietta
DJI Mavic Pro Drone
Product No Longer Available
3 Answers from the Community
1. No, the controller uses a special radio to achieve that potential 4.7 mile range. Without the controller your device will only use wifi will will give a much, much shorter range.
2. No data connection is required to fly the craft. a data connection will not affect the range of the Mavic Pro.
- Answered by Justin M from Mississauga
1. No. Using the iphone/ipad as the controller is much shorter range as it uses wifi for the signal.
2. Cellular signal iphone/ipad should not provide any change in range if you are using it in conjunction with the DJI controller. Cellular data does give you maps on your screen though.
- Answered by Benjamin R from Charlotte
1 - Same like Dji 4
2 - No it does not need any signal.
- Answered by Faisal A from Lewisville