Questions & Answers for Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - US English
344 Questions from the Community
will this work with the very first generation Intel iMac running OSX 10.6.2?
- Asked by W Terrence D from Philadelphia
- 12 1, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with the very first generation Intel iMac running OSX 10.6.2?)
Yes. However, the built-in USB ports will not charge an iPod or iPhone when it is plugged in—for syncing it will work fine, though.
- Answered by David K
- 12 6, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this work with the very first generation Intel iMac running OSX 10.6.2?)
Will this work with a 1" high keyboard wrist support?
I have a nice thick wrist/palm support right under my current mac keyboard (previous gen. - the white keyboard). It lifts up my wrist to where it's almost horizontal to where my fingers touch the keys, which is great. It helps keeps my hands more relaxed.
This super flat slim-line type model here is really hot. I want it badly. But it sits verryyy low, would this conflict my wrist support? Kind of feels like it'd add a down sloping angle on my hards towards the keyboard.
I tried to test is out at an electronics store with this keyboard with some of their wrist supports, but they wouldn't let me open the packaging for the supports, could never get an accurate feel.
What do you think?
- Asked by David C from Lawrenceville
- 10 27, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a 1" high keyboard wrist support?)
I don't think you'd want to do that. I have 3/4" support at work... when I switched to this keyboard, I had to get rid of the support because of the angle.
- Answered by Steven W from Spring Hill
- 10 29, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with a 1" high keyboard wrist support?)
How and with what do i clean my apple keyboard? Thanks.
- Asked by Jo-anne G from Boucherville
- 10 16, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How and with what do i clean my apple keyboard? Thanks.)
Yes, you can use it with a laptop. I use mine with my laptop all the time.
- Answered by Phillip L from Kennewick
- 03 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I use this keyboard with my mac lap-top)
Yes, just get the skin.
- Answered by Stephen B from San Francisco
- 12 31, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (so if I wanted to use the full keyboard for Final Cut Pro... would I then just also get the FCP skin?)
I'm looking for the old keyboard that is not low profile. Any available?
I type at approximately 80 to 90wpm and go through 2 keyboards a year. I prefer the higher profile keyboard as opposed to the ultra thin, low profile keyboard. Where can I buy one?
- Asked by Karen F from Eureka
- 06 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm looking for the old keyboard that is not low profile. Any available?)
I think you're looking for a keyboard like this one, do a search for
"Apple Pro USB Keyboard White A1048"
and that will give you a bunch of hits for the keyboard I believe you're looking for, if you haven't found it already (which you very well might have, considering this question is a few months old, but since the only answer I saw was from several days ago, I figured I'd kick in my two cents since I was sure I knew exactly what you were looking for).
My iMac actually came with that keyboard a couple years back, maybe 3 years ago I forget, and I still have a wireless version of it which works just fine with 10.6.8 which I'm running now, and it's USB (or bluetooth with the wireless one) so it's compatible with any newer or even older Mac, really. I used that keyboard for a long time on a few different models, and I liked it a lot as far as the feel and the key sensitivity and rebound, the only problem I always had with it was inherent to the design, it tended to build up a lot of dust and grime under the keys where it was very hard to clean out. The case was clear, so you could see all of the dirt that fell down below the keys, unfortunately. If you stay on top of it with a vacuum it's not too bad, but if not, it's impossible to clean without literally taking every single key off and doing some major cleaning work! Otherwise I think it's a great keyboard, I still use the wireless version today in combination with the low profile wired one on my desk. Good luck! Oh, you can find them on auction sites as well as online stores and maybe even some traditional brick and mortar stores like Target or something.
- Answered by Michael P from Old Lyme
- 09 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I'm looking for the old keyboard that is not low profile. Any available?)
my new keyboard slides away & my Apple Store says they no longer make it with rubbery pads, like the one at the store. Any work arounds?
There are 4 rubbery spots in the older keyboard.
Apple Store told me to try rubbing the slippery types with alcohal. No help.
I'm using rubber gaskets under it - hardly a svelte solution.
The keyboard is wired, with numeric keypad.
- Asked by James T from Los Angeles
- 04 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (my new keyboard slides away & my Apple Store says they no longer make it with rubbery pads, like the one at the store. Any work arounds?)
Home Depot or Lowe's sell in the hardware section, small rubber bumpers with adhesive on the back. Simply stick those where the keyboard come into contact with your desk surface (you might have to remove any bumpers that are there now).
- Answered by S. Bradley H from Deland
- 06 9, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (my new keyboard slides away & my Apple Store says they no longer make it with rubbery pads, like the one at the store. Any work arounds?)
I have an iMac g5, will it work?
It runs on tiger 10.4 will it work?
- Asked by Theresa E from Raymond
- 08 1, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iMac g5, will it work?)
Yes. Keyboard works perfectly, just plug it in. I have the same Imac G5 running Tiger 10.4.11 and love this new keyboard. Enjoy and best wishes.
- Answered by Alice M. H from Valley Village
- 10 12, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have an iMac g5, will it work?)
Does it work on on iPad while connected to Apple tv
When iPad air is connected to my tv via an apple tv box can I use it
The keyboard on my tv screen
- Asked by Richie M
- 10 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work on on iPad while connected to Apple tv)
Can I use the numeric keypad to produce symbols like é and è as I can with a PC and an English keyboard? E.g., é is (with num lock on), alt-0233.Best Answer:
Try this for ( é ) type alt e then e. Its that simple. For ( ê ) type alt i and e and for è type alt ` and e. As for ç its as simple as typing alt c. Hope this help. As far as using the numeric key pad I don't know.
Can you plug and use a kensington trackball into it
- Asked by Robert W. G from Ventura
- 10 21, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you plug and use a kensington trackball into it)
YES - using one now as trackballs and mice onlu need the low power USB connection of around 100mA - BUT this only applies if the keyboard is direct to the mac and NOT via an unpowered hub...
- Answered by Michael N
- 10 27, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you plug and use a kensington trackball into it)
can I use it with a powerbook G4
- Asked by Nimia R
- 02 4, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use it with a powerbook G4)
Yes, it works great. I use it with my Powerbook G4 1.5 ghz Aluminum.
- Answered by Becky K from Kettering
- 02 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I use it with a powerbook G4)
I have just bought a new Apple wired USB keyboard (the MB110B/B). Does anyone know if the is the most recent (Lion) version?
Can a "skin" be purchased for this keyboard?
I would like to purchase a "skin" to cover my new Apple keyboard w/numeric keypad. Is something like this available?
- Asked by Bruce J A from Lino Lakes
- 02 17, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a "skin" be purchased for this keyboard?)
Can i use this keyboard on the windows xp i installed on mac?
I installed windows xp on my macbook and i want to know if the external apple keyboard with the numberic keypad would work with the windows xp.
- Asked by Zi Ming N
- 07 21, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this keyboard on the windows xp i installed on mac?)
Yes, since you should already have the drivers installed provided you inserted your OSX disc after installing Windows.
- Answered by Jack S from King's Lynn
- 08 11, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i use this keyboard on the windows xp i installed on mac?)