Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
178 Questions from the Community
Can I connect my imac to canon projector?
- Asked by Kristin H from Maumelle
- 10 9, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my imac to canon projector?)
which HDTV works with 2 yr old mac mini
This version is limited to one display. I have 2GB of RAM in my dual core Mac Mini and want to convert this into my entertainment center. I've been told I'm limited to 30" max and I'm OK with that but I want to know what is the "best" configuration. Thank you very much.
- Asked by Matt D from Winston Salem
- 11 18, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (which HDTV works with 2 yr old mac mini)
30" is the max if your using a computer display. I have my Mac Mini, with only one display port hooked up to my Panasonic Viera 42" Plasma and it work's great. If your looking for a good TV for a Mac Mini, try to find one with a DVI in and that is 1080p.
- Answered by Dylan B from Ponte Vedra Beach
- 12 30, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (which HDTV works with 2 yr old mac mini)
Can someone from Apple please confirm if this product supports 330mhz pixel clock?
We are looking to use these for active stereo projectors running 1920x1200 pixels @ 120Hz refresh rate (which is about 308MHz pixel clock). Some other adaptors on the market only support 270MHz pixel clock (which gives us visible tearing in the image).
- Asked by Espen B from Point Frederick
- 10 4, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can someone from Apple please confirm if this product supports 330mhz pixel clock?)
When i connect 2 projectors with a dualhead2go to my macbookpro, performance goes down alot. Will this adapter give better performance?
No answers yet
connect to 47inch HDTV with 1080p digital signal and without any distortion?
Hi, I wanna play 1080p fullhd movies with my iMac computer, and out put it into a 47 inch Panosonic HD TV hdmi port.
-Would the signal will be fine quality digital signal?
-And it there gonna have any distortions or kinda things happened?
Thanks for any answers. cheers.
- Asked by Ethan Y from Seattle
- 03 17, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (connect to 47inch HDTV with 1080p digital signal and without any distortion?)
how can I connect my iMac to a tv with a S-Video port. Its not a LCD or Plasma TV
Is there a cable with the S-video on one end and something else on the other. Like a USB or something that will fit into a 2005 or new model of iMac
- Asked by Tiffany A from Sinking Spring
- 01 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (how can I connect my iMac to a tv with a S-Video port. Its not a LCD or Plasma TV)
Will this work with a new MacBook Air 11"?
I currently use this cable with my mid 2010 13" MBP but thinking about changing to a 11" Air. Would this cable work on my 30" LCD with 2560 x 1600 resolution? Also I notice the 11" Air only has a Thunderbolt and not a mini DVI as per my MBP, would I need an adaptor?
Thanks in advance,
- Asked by Benjamin D from East Cowes
- 10 14, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a new MacBook Air 11"?)
Can you use this to connect a 22' cinema display with a macbook pro 13'
- Asked by Kelly H from Leicester
- 09 12, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this to connect a 22' cinema display with a macbook pro 13')
It entirely depends on the resolution of your 22" display and the connectors present on the screen. If the display is DVI compatible and 1920x1200, choose Apple's MB570Z/A instead - it's far cheaper and will do exactly what you require.
This product is suitable for displays up to 30" and a resolution of 2560x1600.
- Answered by Andy S from London
- 09 20, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you use this to connect a 22' cinema display with a macbook pro 13')
Yes, but not using this adapter. Assuming that you already have the dongle to go mini dvi to dvi, you need something similar to the Gefen DVI to mini DisplayPort adapter (there are several manufactured by competing third-parties). Note that all the mini DisplayPort to DVI adapters currently manufactured by Apple are one-way (the wrong way for you) and will not work.
- Answered by John G from Madison
- 01 12, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there any way to connect the black MacBook to a 24" LED Cinema Display? Adapters? Anything?)
Connecting a 20" apple cinema display to Powermac G5
I have a Powermac G5 and I want to connect my 20" Apple Cinema Display.
- Asked by Churchill B from Laurel
- 04 12, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting a 20" apple cinema display to Powermac G5)
I have a Samsung 2233RZ monitor which is capable of doing 120hz, but with a normal DVI-D Single link adapter it is not possible to do this.
I have a unibody 2008 Macbook pro, that I would need it to work on.
So I have been trying to figure out if buying this adapter will enable me to utilize my monitor fully 120hz instead of just running in 60hz?
- Asked by Kenneth J from Copenhagen N
- 02 25, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (120hz Monitors?)
can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?
Mac mini "late 2012":
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MM61.0106.B03
SMC Version (system): 2.8f1
Serial Number (system): C07LV2H1DY3H
Hardware UUID: A473DC4B-EBA1-540E-AD02-006882757BED
i want to use an Eizo 27 inch monitor:Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27
Is this possible? Whay connector should I use?
will this send sound as well as video? could i play a movie on my macbook pro ad watch it on my tv? if it wont can anyone suggest what i need?
No answers yet
Can I use the mini DisplayPort to dual Link DVI adapter with the Belkin Thunderbolt express doc?
I'm planning on buying the new Belkin Thunderbolt express doc to use it in my office to hook up a mac air. I have a Dell 27" high resolution display and I have to hook it to a mini DisplayPort to dual Link DVI adapter, in order to drive the diplay at its native high resolution.
Will I be able to hook the mini DisplayPort to dual Link DVI adapter at the end of a thunderbolt chain: mac -> Belkin -> thunderbolt hard drive -> mini DisplayPort to dual Link DVI?
- Asked by Roberto H from El Cerrito
- 05 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the mini DisplayPort to dual Link DVI adapter with the Belkin Thunderbolt express doc?)
While I am not sure about your exact configuration, I have not been able to get my 30" Cinema Display to work at the end of a thunderbolt hard drive chain [either 1 or 2 LaCie Little Big Disks] with the Dual-Link adapter.
- Answered by Dartanyon R from Seattle
- 06 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the mini DisplayPort to dual Link DVI adapter with the Belkin Thunderbolt express doc?)
If both are mini display port computers you could use the Kanex Snapx Pro to connect to MDP sources to a single MDP cinema display
- Answered by Peter C from Santa Barbara
- 08 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I connect my mac book pro (end 2008, mini display port) and an Mac mini to one single Apple Cinema LED?)
Yes. I'm using it right now.
- Answered by David B from Seattle
- 09 27, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this connector connect a Thunderbolt port to a Dual-Link DVI adapter for 30" Cinema Display?)
can you connect this to a DVI to HDMI adapter and use a TV as a display? or do you need the plain old single-link DVI adapter?
- Asked by Jamieson H from Norwich
- 02 2, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (can you connect this to a DVI to HDMI adapter and use a TV as a display? or do you need the plain old single-link DVI adapter?)
No answers yet
would it work with wacom Cintiq 12WX
- Asked by Michel O from Lithonia
- 10 21, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (would it work with wacom Cintiq 12WX)