Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
178 Questions from the Community
why would I need to spend £60 on a Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter? what is the advantage over the DVI adaptor that comes with a mac mini?
I'm about to buy a mac mini and will connect it to a 32" Philips HD TV via the DVI input. I'm totally stumped as to why I should buy a £60 cable when the mac mini comes with a mini-DVI to DVI connector anyway ... am I missing something here?
the dual link DVI adapter supports resolutions higher than 1900x1200. your tv has resolution of ~1900x1080 (if it is a 1080i or 1080p). for resolutions up to 1900x1200, the typical mini displayport -> dvi adapter that came with your mac mini will be sufficient. this dual link dvi is for people who want multiple displays or the 30" apple cinema display (which has a resolution much higher than 1900x1080)
Mini DisplayPort is a standard. They are all the same size.
- Answered by Tyler G from Los Angeles
- 05 3, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (ARE ALL THE MACBOOK PRO MINI DISPLAY PORT THE SAME SIZE? OR THE NEW MODELS A DIFFERENT SIZE?)
Its about 6" long
- Answered by Francis J
- 01 23, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How long is the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter?)
support of macair mid 2011 released- 2560 by 1600 pixels
Does this adapter suport a 2560 by 1600 pixels resolution on a secondary monitor from Dell or other with a mid 2011 released macbook air?
- Asked by Scott L from Burnley
- 11 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (support of macair mid 2011 released- 2560 by 1600 pixels)
Can I use a Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter to link my Macbook Pro (2010) to a Samsung flatscreen HD ready TV or is the resolution not enou
No answers yet
Will this work on a mac mini with an hdmi port?
Just wondered, as it comes up for an accessory of the mac mini on the Apple Store.
- Asked by Grant W from Watford
- 10 19, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work on a mac mini with an hdmi port?)
Will the Mini DispalyPort to Dual-Link DVI work with the Radeon HD 4870 for Mac?
- Asked by Daniel C from Westlake Village
- 02 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Mini DispalyPort to Dual-Link DVI work with the Radeon HD 4870 for Mac?)
Can you connect a pc to a iMac 27" (mid 2011)? I want to use it as a display. aRe you aware of any other cable/adapter that will allow me to do it?
- Asked by Amy F from Colorado Springs
- 01 31, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect a pc to a iMac 27" (mid 2011)? I want to use it as a display. aRe you aware of any other cable/adapter that will allow me to do it?)
No answers yet
Yes you can. I connect my MacBook Pro to a 42" flatscreen TV.
I have never used this cable, but still disagree with the other answer concerning pixilation. I had a similar pixilation problem, and I was writing furious blogs to Mac. But then I discovered that in System Preferences you can reconfigure the "Energy Saver" "Graphics" setting to "highest performance". I haven't had the problem since....It was not a cable issue.
There is an external video problem when your MAC is set for "better battery life", but there are two power configurations: "Battery" and "Power Adapter". I set the Power Adapter setting to "Highest Performance" and the "Battery" to "Better battery life". When I use my external display, I plug in the power adapter.
I am not the sharpest tool in the computer shed so if you can take your mac to an apple store and try it out first to validate, do it. And I bet you dollars to doughnuts or pounds to peanuts that you can duplicate the problem on an Apple display and fix it with the above configuration changes.
- Answered by Sean P from Folly Beach
- 04 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i connect my Mac Book Air(with mini display port) to 30 inch Apple cinema display? with this cable)
What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini
I have A mac mini and want to buy a IPS monitor. It is said this will work with an appropriate adapter if my mini has "a display port model" or a "dual link dvi port".
I cannot find the specs to tell if my mini has one of these or not. Anyone know how to tell?
It has a NVIDIA Geforce 9400M (UMA) Port?
- Asked by Ron W from Hillsboro
- 12 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini)
Has anyone gotten this to work with a Late 2010 MBA 13-inch and a 30" ACD? I'm curious about the highest resolution with Bluetooth on.
I tried another popular brand and I would get interference with bluetooth on, at the highest setting only.
- Asked by Erland K from Irvington
- 06 28, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone gotten this to work with a Late 2010 MBA 13-inch and a 30" ACD? I'm curious about the highest resolution with Bluetooth on.)
No answers yet
Will the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter work with an Xserve (Early 2009) and a 30" Apple Cinema Display?
If it does work, does it do so at full resolution of the display?
- Asked by Charles L from Canton
- 08 14, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter work with an Xserve (Early 2009) and a 30" Apple Cinema Display?)
can this work on thunder bolt port
- Asked by Jr K from Virginia Beach
- 12 28, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (can this work on thunder bolt port)
yes works fine I have mine hooked up to a 13:" MacBook Pro (early 2011).
- Answered by David L N from New York
- 02 6, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can this work on thunder bolt port)
can i use this Mini Display Port to Dual-Link DVI Adapter to connect my 17" 2.5 ghz core duo laptop to apples 24" LED screen?
I Have a really nice, but really old 23" HD Cinema display (originally for G4). Is it possible to connect this ADC connection to a new macbook via dvi
The main problem is that the Cinema Display has no power supply on its own, only the old ADC connection. Is there an adapter that allows this functionality? Really do not want to throw this bad boy away.
No answers yet