Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
432 Questions from the Community
Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter is suitable for macbook
- Answered by Mohamad Akmal A from Sungai Buloh
- 09 23, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have a 2008 13" MacBook 5.1 Intel Core 2 Duo and I need a VGA adapter cable/cord. What should I buy?)
I want to connect my MacBook Pro (Brand New) to my Receiver through hdmi to receive audio & video signals at same time 1 cord and get audio/video ??
I have a home surround receiver that up converts video ( 3 hdmi ins 1 out to tv). So i send the cable ( from wall ) service signal first to it then to tv. I want to send the MacBook Pro ( 13" & 15" brand new 2011) audio & video from mini dvi to receiver using just 1 one cable from laptop. Not using the earphone jack so i can get true surround sound from laptop and video signals. I have seen 1 on Newegg site do you have compatible cable/adaptor??
No answers yet
Do I need this cable, or the MiniDVI cable to connect my iMac (21.5 inch) to a different screen?
I need to connect my iMac to my Sony TV, so do I need to use the Mini DisplayPort cable or the MiniDVI cable?Answer
You need the Mini DisplayPort one
- Answered by Andrew J from Round Hill
- 03 7, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do I need this cable, or the MiniDVI cable to connect my iMac (21.5 inch) to a different screen?)
Why a Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter doesn't work with a 37" Sony Bravia LCD TV ?
I've a MacBook Pro 13"3 from 2010/01 and I'm not able to use my 37" TV as an external monitor despite good resolution (1280x768) : the says 'out of standard" !
- Asked by J-paul B from Saint Oyen
- 01 18, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Why a Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter doesn't work with a 37" Sony Bravia LCD TV ?)
With a Mac Mini bought today, will this connect to a 5-year old tube TV with the red, white, yellow front and back panel inputs (non-digital)?
Will this work to connect my mac book model a1342 to a Samsung Projector?
- Asked by Carmel N from Orangeburg
- 11 8, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work to connect my mac book model a1342 to a Samsung Projector?)
will this work with a mac book air?
- Asked by Karen B from Cookeville
- 10 10, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with a mac book air?)
- Answered by Robin O
- 10 23, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this work with a mac book air?)
Connect using Composite (RCA) and/or S-Video
My old MacBook I had a Apple Mini-DVI to Video Adapter, it was the most handy thing ever. I travel a lot and connect to many different TVs, Composite cable is the most common and easy to use. Especially when TVs are bridged together. But I can't find anything like that for the MacBook "Pro"? What can I do? I really need Composite video capabilities.
- Asked by Matthew M from Toronto
- 08 1, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect using Composite (RCA) and/or S-Video)
can i use this cable to connect with a vizio tv? i hav a mac book pro. Also, would i need any other cords to get audio and video?
No answers yet
will this cable with hdmi adapor on the other end alloww me to hook up my ps3
- Asked by Elizabeth D from Grosse Pointe Woods
- 02 21, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (will this cable with hdmi adapor on the other end alloww me to hook up my ps3)
Is there a shortcut key to toggle the display mode with an external display (projector) so you can see both display on MacBook Pro and the projector
Can I buy a cable that will connect my new 24 inch apple cinema display (with Mini DisplayPort) to my mid 2007 MacBook (with Mini DVI female port)?
No answers yet
Can I use this adapter to connect my 2010 macbook pro to an acer projector?
- Asked by Mary C from San Anselmo
- 01 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter to connect my 2010 macbook pro to an acer projector?)
If the Acer projector has a VGA input and you have a VGA cable, then you should be good to go once you get this adapter.
- Answered by Trey V
- 04 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this adapter to connect my 2010 macbook pro to an acer projector?)
Will the MacBook Pro, the mini displayport to VGA, and the Samsung Syncmaster B2330 work together? Better question maybe are they compatible?
No answers yet
i have a LG E1940 monitor and want to connect to a 1st generation imac G5, what cable do I need?
Will this let me use an ancient monitor?
Will this adapter allow me to connect my Mac Mini to a very old AppleColor RGB Monitor (A2M6014) with a 15-pin D-style connector?
- Asked by Thomas K from East Rockaway
- 12 7, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this let me use an ancient monitor?)
The cable is about 3-4" long, including the Mini DisplayPort end and the VGA end. The cord itself is about 2" long.
- Answered by Gavin R from Sutter
- 06 13, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how long is the cable?)