Questions & Answers for Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
414 Questions from the Community
Am I correct that If I download a full card worth of photos, say a 10GB card, that it will NOT reduce my iPad's memory by 10GB because of resizing? And, if that is correct, how much does the resizing reduce the original volume of data from the card? 10GB from the card translates into using how much iPad memory after importing a full card?
- Asked by Gerald C from Glen Cove
- 08 4, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Memory Usage)
If you have 10GB of photos that you transfer in, it will use 10GB of space on your iPad. But you can get that space back by transferring the photos to your Mac or PC or by removing unwanted photos directly from the iPad.
Also, you do not have to copy all of the photos from the card to your iPad -- you can choose which photos (or videos) that you want to transfer.
- Answered by Dennis M from Wilmington
- 08 6, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Memory Usage)
Does the USB camera and USB connector kit work with iOS 4.2?
- Asked by Carl D from Baltimore
- 11 27, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB camera and USB connector kit work with iOS 4.2?)
Will the iPad USB connector allow me to connect my Garmin 305 Gps watch and transfer data into Garmin Connect through Safari?Answer
Further to posting this question, I have subsequently purchased the Camera Connection Kit and now know that it doesn't allow my iPad to communicate with the Garmin 305. It does, however, charge the watch if that is of any use to anyone.
The issue, I believe, is that the iPad will not allow me to download the Garmin Communicator Safari add-on which allows the watch to upload to the Internet.
Our friends at Garmin need to develop an 'ap'...
On the Camera Connection Kit, it works perfectly with my Canon EOS 5 and happily downloads images and movies from my iPhone 3Gs. It fails miserably when trying to download movies either directly from the Panasonic camera or using the SD adapter.
You can import videos but you will not be able to play them. They need to be moved to your computer and imported into itunes. Highlight the video and under the Advanced menu, choose 'create iPad version'. The finished product can be moved onto the iPad as a playable video
- Answered by Randy P from Claremont
- 01 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you use the camera connection kit to import videos directly to the ipad?)
Can I upload ONLY JPEG images and NOT RAW images to the iPad? I shoot using both, but I only want to send the .jpeg imaged to the iPad through this.
This is a deciding factor of buying an iPad, or getting a cheaper netbook that I know will do what I want it to.
- Asked by Joel B from Grand Island
- 05 17, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upload ONLY JPEG images and NOT RAW images to the iPad? I shoot using both, but I only want to send the .jpeg imaged to the iPad through this.)
Does this work with IOS 8.3?
Have Apple fixed some of the problems that a few were having with 8.1? I'm on iPad 2, 8.3.
- Asked by Tim B
- 05 31, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with IOS 8.3?)
Can the camera kit output USB digital audio?
- Asked by Lee Kah Y from Singapore
- 04 23, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the camera kit output USB digital audio?)
Some reports are coming in that the adapter will output USB audio. I have heard specific reports of USB headphones. However, this ability is not supported or recommended by Apple.
- Answered by Alex N from Memphis
- 06 4, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can the camera kit output USB digital audio?)
Will the micro SD card from my cell phone, that inserts into a an SD card adapter also work as would a regular SD card?
- Asked by Juan Javier C from Dallas
- 04 22, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the micro SD card from my cell phone, that inserts into a an SD card adapter also work as would a regular SD card?)
Is it possible to remove pictures from the camera memory card using the connection kit?
I am considering purchasing an iPad camera connection kit to go review pictures when I am shooting travel photography, and remove less succesful shots before I come home and import all of the photos into my Mac.
After import of photos to the iPad, is it possible to remove the bad shots not only from the iPad but also from the camera memory card itself?Answer
- Answered by Moon C from West Windsor
- 01 6, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is it possible to remove pictures from the camera memory card using the connection kit?)
Can you use the USB adapter to plug in a printer?
Can it be used to print of things from Pages etc.
- Asked by Penny S
- 05 29, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the USB adapter to plug in a printer?)
no, but there will be an update soon to let you print ONLY wirelessly
- Answered by Josh R from Loveland
- 09 12, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you use the USB adapter to plug in a printer?)
I use a multicard reader with usb connection to the iPad camera connection kit. Works great all a lot of different camera cards.
- Answered by John H from Lynchburg
- 04 24, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (i use Compact Flash Cards cards - how would i download from my camera to iPad?)
I am using the other adapter in the kit ( the camera connector they call it) with a SanDisk All-in-One card reader to transfer pix from both SD cards and my xD M+ cards for my Olypus Stylus camera. It's powered by my iPad and works flawlessly. I just used it on a camping trip to get my son's snapshots before we all went our separate ways.
- Answered by Judy R from Cloverdale
- 09 13, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Olympus xD-picture card)
Is it compatible with Nikon D90?
I want to know if it is compatible with the Nikon D90 or not.
- Asked by Baher M from Maadi
- 04 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with Nikon D90?)