Questions & Answers for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1837 Questions from the Community
will this snow leopard upgrade work on IMac 9.1 running OS X 10.5.8
I'm almost computer illiterate. My macbook pro has crashed (hard drive dead) & I'm now using my old desktop iMac, it's running Mac OS X 10.5.8 Any assistance is appreciated.
Details of system wanting to upgrade are :
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.44f0
- Asked by Simon J from Pacific Pines
- 06 19, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (will this snow leopard upgrade work on IMac 9.1 running OS X 10.5.8)
my imac is mac osx version 10.5.7 if i upgrade to snow leopard do i lose evrything that is installed already etc. microsoft and other stuff.
ihave the version 10.5.7 and i want to upgrade it to snow leopard. i want to know do i lose everything that i have installed already like microsoft programmes and other instalations.
No answers yet
you can't buy the $29.99 version (that's for upgrades). But you can buy the Snow Leopard Box Set, and do a full install
- Answered by Collin H from Waterford
- 01 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I am currently running Mac OS X Version 10.4.11. Can I move straight to Snow Leopard?)
is snow leopard compatible with epson cx7400 printer
- Asked by Michael B from Bensalem
- 03 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (is snow leopard compatible with epson cx7400 printer)
No, it will be shipped to your place of residence and then you install it via the disk drive.
- Answered by Matthew M from Pleasanton
- 03 26, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (After I have purchased the Snow Leopard disk online, then can I download Snow Leopard free.)
My Mac have an OS 10.4.11 of course the Snow Leopard is better and does it the SL supports the Blackberry Desktop Applications
- Asked by Alfonso L from Hialeah
- 11 7, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (My Mac have an OS 10.4.11 of course the Snow Leopard is better and does it the SL supports the Blackberry Desktop Applications)
what are the changes to the multitouch gestures?
i'm using 10.5.8
my trouble with multitouch is when scrolling vertical in a spreadsheet (openoffice) it has an undesirable lateral scroll.
is there a way to turn off the two finger lateral scroll just for openoffice?
can i change the rate of lateral scroll globally?
I would also like to eliminate the pinch zoom in/out in the spreadsheet as it drives me crazy.
does any of this work different in 10.6?
are there any 3rd party solutions that work with 10.5.8 or 10.6?
thank u sooooo much! this would make my mac experience so much better!
- Asked by My F
- 04 7, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (what are the changes to the multitouch gestures?)
In Snow Leopard, every multi-touch gesture has the checkbox for you to turn it off. You also can get, for Snow Leopard only, Bettertouchtool and/or Jitouch.
- Answered by Matthew M from Pleasanton
- 03 24, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what are the changes to the multitouch gestures?)
Snow Leopard Order to Greece
How can i Buy Snow Leopard From Greece?
- Asked by Jason J from These
- 01 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Snow Leopard Order to Greece)
For Europe, call Apple's telesales at 1800 92 38 98 for advice.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- 01 22, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Snow Leopard Order to Greece)
can i upgrade to leopard 10.5 without having to purchase mac box set
I am currently running 10.4.11 on my intel imac. i would like to upgrade to leopard but i have no use for purchasing i'life etc (mac box set). Is there any other option to do this?
- Asked by Kristopher C
- 10 23, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (can i upgrade to leopard 10.5 without having to purchase mac box set)
If you can find a copy of Leopard in a store, then no you do not have to purchase the Mac Box Set. The Mac Box Set is made for those who want "all the goodies" when they install Leopard. Leopard can be bought by itself.
- Answered by Jerry P from Fayetteville
- 11 5, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i upgrade to leopard 10.5 without having to purchase mac box set)
I bought a macbook pro with tiger 2.16 GHZ intel core due processor is it possible to upgrade to snow first without upgrading to just leopard?
- Asked by Alexander A from Northport
- 11 16, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (I bought a macbook pro with tiger 2.16 GHZ intel core due processor is it possible to upgrade to snow first without upgrading to just leopard?)
I have a Mac OS X version 10.5.8- Processor 2.66ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 Memory gb 800 mhz. Need a 10.6 to update it. Is OK SnowLeopard MacOSX10.6?Answer
Snow Leopard (which is same as Mac OS 10.6) will install on this Mac. Snow Leopard simply requires a Mac with Intel processor and 1GB of memory.
(FYI: Snow Leopard may not install on Macs released in 2011 and later, but your Mac is definitely older if running OS 10.5.8 and has Intel Core 2 Duo processor. Snow Leopard will likely run on newer Macs, but will not install on these Macs.)
How do i upgrade to Snow leopard on my MacBook Air?
I dont have a DVD drive, but would really like to upgrade.
- Asked by Brittany P from Hampton
- 10 25, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (How do i upgrade to Snow leopard on my MacBook Air?)
I upgraded my iMac running on wireless and is working fine. Didn't have to update settings or change anything.
- Answered by David M from Gretna
- 10 17, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (i hear upgrading to snow leopard distrups up your wireless settings, is any one experencing anything like that?)
will FreeHand MX work with Snow Leopard?
I'm currently running OS 10.4.11.
I have a lot of work done in Freehand MX, I know I will have to convert to Illustrator but this is a lot of work. Can I make FreeHand Work with Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Vicky S
- 11 4, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (will FreeHand MX work with Snow Leopard?)
can I design a floorplan with this software?
how can I design a floorplan with a MAC?
- Asked by Katrina B from Denver
- 01 30, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (can I design a floorplan with this software?)
I HAVE MAS OS X 10.5.1 CAN I UPGRADE TO 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD ONLINE?
- Asked by Joseph V from Alexandria
- 06 17, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I HAVE MAS OS X 10.5.1 CAN I UPGRADE TO 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD ONLINE?)
Does OS X 5.8 have a disk defragment capability?
- Asked by Dolores S from Cornwall On Hudson
- 11 27, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Does OS X 5.8 have a disk defragment capability?)