Questions & Answers for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1852 Questions from the Community
will downloading os x delete microsoft office 2011
- Asked by Ramon B from Lennox
- 09 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (will downloading os x delete microsoft office 2011)
can I upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard from mac osx on my mac2.1. or do I need some other middle step to improve my system?
Macbook 2.1 purchased several years ago.
- Asked by Timothy B from Danville
- 11 19, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (can I upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard from mac osx on my mac2.1. or do I need some other middle step to improve my system?)
will snow leopard get my system which is currently 10.5.8 up to 10.6.8 that I need to download itunes 11.2.2 that i need to sync my iphone 4s ?
I have mac os x v10.4.11 and want to buy a magic mouse but it says requirements are mac os x v10.5.8 so what do i need to buy to work it?
do i need to buy box set with snow leopard in?Best Answer:
If you have a Mac with a PowerPC processor (like a G5), you'll need to buy Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. If you have an Intel Mac, you can use Leopard, but Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard would be a much better buy. If you are unsure of which you have, click the Apple Menu and select About This Mac. Your processor and memory specifications will be listed there. Remember to run Software Update after installing either one to ensure that you have all the latest updates and back up your data before upgrading.
- Answered by Joshua R from Olivia
- 11 2, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have mac os x v10.4.11 and want to buy a magic mouse but it says requirements are mac os x v10.5.8 so what do i need to buy to work it?)
Would it work with an iMac g5
- Asked by Kaylee B from Orangeburg
- 12 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Would it work with an iMac g5)
The iMac G5 has a PowerPC-based processor, and therefore will not run Snow Leopard, which requires an Intel-based processor.
- Answered by Ron C from Alexandria
- 12 12, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would it work with an iMac g5)
Do I need to have snow leopard to run time machine?
I've put a new HDD in my mac book and installed the original Mac OS X disc to get started. I saved all my old stuff on an external HD via time machine. Do I need to install snow leopard to access the time machine backups?
- Asked by Georgene M from Stratton Mountain
- 06 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to have snow leopard to run time machine?)
How many computers can you update with the family pack?
- Asked by Crystal L from Lancaster
- 02 7, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (How many computers can you update with the family pack?)
FIVE in the same household.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- 02 8, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How many computers can you update with the family pack?)
Snow leopard is Intel Compatible only, Sorry, the last you could upgrade to is Leopard. you might want to try resellers for old stock of leopard.
- Answered by William S from Coventry
- 10 28, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (my mac g4 1.33ghz is 10.3.9 what is the most i can up date my software to)
yep, it sure is. but just to double check, click the apple in the top left-hand corner then click "about this mac" if it says version 10.6.something then yes. you have it. if it has a 10.5.something then no.
- Answered by Bryan B from Perryton
- 10 21, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I just purchased a MacBook Pro last week, is Snow Leopard already installed on my laptop)
Last time I bought one it was 10.6.3.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- 10 10, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What specific version of OS X 10.6.x ships on the disk?)
I have Mac OS X version 10.10. What is my next upgrade?
- Asked by Hilmar L from Toronto
- 06 15, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (I have Mac OS X version 10.10. What is my next upgrade?)
Does CS2 work with Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Nancy F from Sparta
- 07 25, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Does CS2 work with Snow Leopard?)
i have two macbook at home. can i use a single user for both? or do i need to purchase the family pack? when installing will it erase all of my data?
what is the difference between the software and the server ?Best Answer:
You must purchase the family pack. The single user is just one computer. The family pack is up to 5. No, it will not erase all of your data. That being said, it is always recommended to back up your mac before installing any new program or software. Just use time machine, it's pre-installed and easy to use, just plug in an external hard drive and open time machine. The server is designed for a business, since you said this if for your home, just get the regular family pack version.
I'm running OS X 10.5.8, with Fusion version 3.1.3 running Vista. If I update to Snow Leopard and then to Lion will everything continue to work ok?
- Asked by Christopher L from Oakdale
- 09 22, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm running OS X 10.5.8, with Fusion version 3.1.3 running Vista. If I update to Snow Leopard and then to Lion will everything continue to work ok?)
No answers yet
how can i get 9.95 snow leopard upgrade online
- Asked by Ronald M from River Ridge
- 10 18, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i get 9.95 snow leopard upgrade online)
Go to apple.com / macosx / uptodate to find out if you qualify. To qualify you must have bought a new Mac within the past 90 days. Otherwise, you will have to pay the $29.99 upgrade price (from leopard).
- Answered by Michael O from Oakland
- 10 20, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how can i get 9.95 snow leopard upgrade online)
Can i install the snowing lepord in a vmware, also do u need a license for your os if its in a vm? do you supply a vmware image free so usersCanTrial
No answers yet
With virtually no effort on your part, Mac OS X offers a multilayered system of defenses against viruses and other malicious applications, or malware. For example, it prevents hackers from harming your programs through a technique called “sandboxing” — restricting what actions programs can perform on your Mac, what files they can access, and what other programs they can launch. Other automatic security features include Library Randomization, which prevents malicious commands from finding their targets, and Execute Disable, which protects the memory in your Mac from attacks. So no, you do not need one.
- Answered by Patrick C from Rochester
- 11 2, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do I need a Anti virus program on Snow Leopard? If so can anyone recomend the best one?)