Questions & Answers for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1851 Questions from the Community
can iphoto or aperture 3 handle nikon nef files correctly or do I need to load nx 2 on my new Mac. I am a new Mac user have always had PC. Thanks
- Asked by Ernie B from Battle Ground
- 01 10, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (can iphoto or aperture 3 handle nikon nef files correctly or do I need to load nx 2 on my new Mac. I am a new Mac user have always had PC. Thanks)
I want to download the Adobe CS5 trials but I need OSX 10.5.7 or higher, my Macbook runs 10.4.6, do I need the boxset or can I just buy the £25 disc?
No answers yet
I have a mac os x 10.4.11 2.16 GHz Intel core 2 duo 1gb memory 667 MHz can I upgrade to the snow leopard straight away?
- Asked by Seoung L from Lidcombe
- 09 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a mac os x 10.4.11 2.16 GHz Intel core 2 duo 1gb memory 667 MHz can I upgrade to the snow leopard straight away?)
Will I be able to have the same Iweb site when I get a new computer?
I'm currently on a Macbook G4 10.4.11 and I'm going to buy a new Macbook Pro. I have done a lot of work on my website in Iweb and I'm wondering If I'll still have access to edit this website when I get my new computer. Can I still edit and update the same website in Iweb on the new Macbook Pro that I've been editing on my Macbook?
- Asked by Tim K from Miami
- 02 3, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I be able to have the same Iweb site when I get a new computer?)
Do I need my old media to install 10.6 upgrade?
I have 10.5 family pack media, but the disc is scratched beyond use. Thanks!
- Asked by John M from Bath
- 02 23, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need my old media to install 10.6 upgrade?)
You will not have to reinstall anything. Parallels should work after you install Snow Leopard. In fact it should run faster since Snow Leopard uses 64-bit computing.
Now for Windows. Windows will not be infected at all. Both for Boot Camp and Parallels. All of your personal data, including the virtual drive holding Windows, will not be affected in anyway. Unless you happen to crash your hard drive, which is very unlikely.
- Answered by Jerry P from Fayetteville
- 11 5, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (If I upgrade to snow leopard, will I have to re-install parallels & windows?)
i don't have my restore discs, can i just buy os x 10.6 and load it? and how much is it?
forgot my login password and would like to use my mac book pro in stead of buying a new one need HELP!!!!
- Asked by Chanakya P
- 02 8, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (i don't have my restore discs, can i just buy os x 10.6 and load it? and how much is it?)
d I need 2GB before I can install Lion?
- Asked by Fred M from Sonoma
- 01 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (d I need 2GB before I can install Lion?)
I have office 2004 for mac. so will it still work if i upgrade to snow leopard?
or do I also have to buy office 2008?
- Asked by Geraldina M from Inglewood
- 09 3, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I have office 2004 for mac. so will it still work if i upgrade to snow leopard?)
i have a macbook running mac ox 10.4 but want to upgrade to 10.6 as need som app that just run on this. it got a Intel Core 2 Duo. can i do this .Answer
The Family Pack covers 5 Macs in the same household.
- Answered by Mike B from Roswell
- 10 17, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how many computers does the family licence cover?)
The graphics will not do anything, but you will get every single feature in Snow Leopard.
- Answered by Matthew M from Pleasanton
- 03 9, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (i have a mid 2007 10.5.8 with a GMA 950 graphics card, will ! benefit by updating to snow leopard)
I purchased my Imac on the 17th July from online Apple Store, I live in Scotland UK do I qualify for the discounted price of Snow Leopard
Is Gestures required for Lion?
Do I need to also purchase the Gestures pad for swiping and scrolling in order to use Lion?
- Asked by Linda C from Veneta
- 02 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Gestures required for Lion?)
No, you can choose to disable all of them and turn you mouse/trackpad into just a point-and-click device
- Answered by Matthew O from Grande-prairie
- 04 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is Gestures required for Lion?)