Questions & Answers for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1837 Questions from the Community
Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?
Macbook 13inch with Intel processor about 6mo old with ver 10.5.8 Tiger installed. Will a clean install be required, or does the standard install leave applications and data and just remove the old version and replace with the new 10.6 Snow Leopard version of the OSX?
- Asked by Roger H from Worland
- 11 10, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?)
First of all- when you say Tiger, I'm assuming that you mean Leopard. If you have all of your serials, licenses, etc. do a clean install. It's best for the machine. If you don't however, do standard. It will, yes, leave all of your files on the machine (just replace the system). Hope this helps.
- Answered by Iddo P from Memphis
- 11 11, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?)
Yes, but Snow Leopard 10.6 does not work on
Powerbooks and Powermacs. You install 10.6
from the CD and then upgrade to Lion or Mtn Lion
from the Apple menu.
- Answered by Brian S B from Los Angeles
- 11 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have Mac 10.5.8 and I wanto to upgrade to 10.8. Do I need to have the 10.6 and 10.7 to do this upgrade?)
Will downloading Snow Leopard, from my current software of Leopard, delete all of the information on my computer?
I want to download the new software, but I am afraid of all my files being deleted. Does upgrading mean that things get deleted?
- Asked by Praveen W from Hanford
- 10 17, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Will downloading Snow Leopard, from my current software of Leopard, delete all of the information on my computer?)
How can I download snow leopard software if my cd driver doesn't work?
My cd driver stopped working almost since I bought my mac computer (it was around three years ago) since most of the updates have been on line I haven't missed the cd driver. But now that I want to upgrade my computer to snow leopard it seems that I can't do it without a cd.
Do you recommend another method of installation?
- Asked by Jose H from Guelph
- 01 8, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I download snow leopard software if my cd driver doesn't work?)
Unfortunately, you need a working CD or DVD drive to install snow leopard. Apple does not have snow leopard for download on their website.
- Answered by Sally M from Saint Louis
- 01 22, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I download snow leopard software if my cd driver doesn't work?)
i want to put mac osx snow leopard on my lenovo thinkpad t61 qith core 2 and 3 gig of ram and 160 gig rad drive can i just bye the 30 doller one and
can i use one intel pc whit windows to uograde to mac
dell vostro 200
485 gb hd,3.5 gb memory,intel processor e7400 dual core,windows 7,
- Asked by Juan C R
- 11 4, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use one intel pc whit windows to uograde to mac)
You will not be able to install Mac OS X on a normal PC. The only way to get Mac OS X if you don't have an actual Mac is to buy a Mac. If you do not want to spend so much money to buy a fancy one, I would suggest buying the Mac Mini. It is the cheapest Mac out there and it is still a pretty powerful computer. You will also be able to run Windows on it to if you desire. Just a warning, Boot Camp (the software that allows you to run Windows on your Mac) isn't fully compatible with Windows 7. However, it is fully compatible with Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) and XP.
- Answered by Jerry P from Fayetteville
- 11 5, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i use one intel pc whit windows to uograde to mac)
I have a Mac OSX 10.4.11 not intel processor what can I do to upgrade
- Asked by Joellen F from Chicago
- 01 27, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Mac OSX 10.4.11 not intel processor what can I do to upgrade)
How to Dual Boot Snow Leopard on a Osx Lion
- Asked by Andrew T
- 04 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (How to Dual Boot Snow Leopard on a Osx Lion)
1) Check to make sure your Mac will support Snow Leopard. My understanding is that newer models of Macs introduced after Lion released, may not support Snow Leopard.
2) Create a new partition on your hard drive, or, add an extra Hard Drive to your Mac.
3) Insert Snow Leopard Install Disk and while restarting Mac, hold the "C" key so it boots from the Snow Leopard Install Disk.
4) Install Snow Leopard to your new partition or hard drive. Snow Leopard may want to format the partition or hard disk that it is installing to.
5) When you restart (boot) your Mac, hold the option key. You can then choose which partition/harddrive (OS) to boot from.
6) The first time you start your Mac in Snow Leopard, make sure to do "Software Updates" (under the Apple Menu) to bring up to OS 10.6.8.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- 04 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How to Dual Boot Snow Leopard on a Osx Lion)
i have original mac mini. Can it run snow leopard os x 10.6
I have the 1.4GHz PowerPc G4 chip
- Asked by Shawn M from Baton Rouge
- 11 30, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (i have original mac mini. Can it run snow leopard os x 10.6)
You can create a playlist in iTunes and burn this to a CD (Should say in the bottom right hand corner 'Burn CD').
Any original CD's I import them into iTunes and then create a CD through there using the above method.
- Answered by Gary H from Hockley
- 12 9, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (burn music cd)
Will Lion 10.7 allow me to update itunes (ver. 12 or above) so I can connect my new iphone 7 Plus (iOS 10.0.2) to my computer?
- Asked by Terry H
- 10 11, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Lion 10.7 allow me to update itunes (ver. 12 or above) so I can connect my new iphone 7 Plus (iOS 10.0.2) to my computer?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
Do Software Update under the Apple Menu. This should update Safari to the latest version supported by your OS and your Mac.
To get more recent versions of Safari, you will need to update your OS.
(Note: If your Mac is based on the PowerPC processor and not the Intel processor, OS 10.6 and later can not be installed.)
I think the following information is current, and shows the highest version of Safari that is compatible with each OS . . .
Safari 7.1 (OS X 10.9.4)
Safari 6.2 (OS X 10.8.5)
Safari 6.1.6 (OS X 10.7.5)
Safari 5.1.10 (OS X 10.6.8)
Safari 5.0.6 (OS X 10.5.8)
Safari 4.1.3 (OS X 10.4.11)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- 10 23, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Im running Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 must I purchase Snow Leopard to update my Safari Browser?)
how do I buy it in canada?
the apple store in USA will not allow canadian address.
- Asked by Wai L
- 12 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I buy it in canada?)
I have Panther and I want to upgrade to Leopard, where can I find it?
I have OSX version 10.3.9 and I want to upgrade and since my Power Mac G5 is PC based I can't upgrade to Snow Leopard so I just want Leopard and I'm wondering where I can purchase the upgrade?
- Asked by Jake R from Seattle
- 01 1, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I have Panther and I want to upgrade to Leopard, where can I find it?)
Try amazon or ebay. There good sources. Also, a local mac store might have it.
- Answered by Anton J from Rathdrum
- 01 5, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have Panther and I want to upgrade to Leopard, where can I find it?)
I have an acer aspier 5920 Laptop (core2Due processor, intel motherboard) can I use Mac Os(snow Leopard) on it...?
Actually I don't have much idea about mac hardware...!! so please help me...