Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
525 Questions from the Community
What is the difference between component av cable and composite av cable
- Asked by Yong Won K from Orangeburg
- 12 2, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between component av cable and composite av cable)
The Composite AV has 3 connections to your TV - the combined video signal and audio left and right. The Component AV cable has 3 connectors for video (separated into Red, Blue and Green signals to produce a better picture) and the left and right audio connectors.
Most older TVs that have AV inputs will have a set of composite inputs as will as some HDTVs, but typically only HDTVs have the Component inputs. Check your TVs inputs to see what you need. If the input on the TV has only 3 connectors (yellow, white and red) it is composite and if there are 5 connectors in the input grouping together you need the component cable.
- Answered by Brian B from Montgomery
- 12 3, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the difference between component av cable and composite av cable)
Composite video to tv-rca cable USB for 1st generation iPad. Is version 5.1.1 compatible?
I bought an Apple Av Composite cord for my 1st generation iPad to connect it to my tv for viewing on a larger screen. Is version 5.1.1 compatible with the conversion cord because I'm only receiving audio, not video out of the TV. Any further help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
- Asked by Kelly V from Crest Hill
- 02 19, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Composite video to tv-rca cable USB for 1st generation iPad. Is version 5.1.1 compatible?)
What cable do I need to connect my iPad4 to my hdtv
- Asked by Sherry W from Fredericton
- 08 21, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I need to connect my iPad4 to my hdtv)
A Lightning to HDMI adapter. Apple calls it their "Lightning Digital AV Adapter".
You will also need an HDMI cable.
- Answered by Bryan B from Madison
- 11 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What cable do I need to connect my iPad4 to my hdtv)
Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket
By using the AV cable, could I stream NFL games from my iPad to TV via the Sunday Ticket app? I currently watch live games through the NFL Sunday Ticket app, but would like to project these games to a larger screen. Please let me know. Thanks.
- Asked by Molly K from Washington
- 10 2, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket)
Verizon is my carrier on my iPhone 4S, which is updated to iOS9. Verizon subscribers are now able to watch live NFL games for free via the NFL Mobile by Verizon APP. I'm able to watch live NFL games from my phone, projected onto my 48" Sony HD TV through my AppleTV using AirPlay. It didn't work at first, it was giving me the "Video isn't available for external sources" type error, which is a restriction in place by Verizon/NFL. But, I turned OFF Mirroring in AirPlay and it works! Perhaps the restriction is to make sure you are not watching it on two devices at once? The picture projected on my TV through the AppleTV is great - FULL screen HD. Now, the only downfall is when I go to use ANY other feature on my phone - phone calls, messaging, another APP or ANYTHING, the projection to the TV is cut out while I'm using them. When I'm done using them, I have to go back into AirPlay and touch the NFL Mobile App to re-project it.
- Answered by John G from Fox Lake
- 10 5, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket)
WHAT DO I NEED IF MY TV ONLY HAS A YELLOW AND A WHITE AUDIO IN .
- Asked by Dallas P from Hesperia
- 03 16, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (WHAT DO I NEED IF MY TV ONLY HAS A YELLOW AND A WHITE AUDIO IN .)
This is the correct cable. The yellow is used for video and the white and red are for stereo audio. If you do not have the red input, you will only hear one channel of sound.
- Answered by Warren R from Chandler
- 03 26, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (WHAT DO I NEED IF MY TV ONLY HAS A YELLOW AND A WHITE AUDIO IN .)
Can I use this to connect my Nintendo 64 to my iMac?
- Asked by Bryan S from Alexandria
- 05 31, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect my Nintendo 64 to my iMac?)
If connected to stereo amplifier or receiver Does this cable produce better sound quality than 3.5 minijack output of ipod touch 5g?
I wander would this av cable upgrade audio performance of my ipod, if i connect it to my vintage receiver instead my old 3.5 mini jack to rca cable? Thanks
No answers yet
Can I do video mirroring with composite av?
- Asked by Al Z from Sunnyvale
- 03 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I do video mirroring with composite av?)
with this cable NO, i have iPad2 and iPhone 4s, and no work, only sound.
- Answered by Jordi P from Mollet Del Vallès
- 12 30, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I do video mirroring with composite av?)
What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?
- Asked by Raymond S from Lawrenceville
- 07 3, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?)
If you buy the Apple AV composite cable and a 30 pin to lightening adapter you have what you need. Connect the RCA cables to the back of your receiver where you would normally plug in a turntable or CD player. I would also buy a plug for the USB part of this cable system so that while you're listening to music, your iPhone 5 will be charging.
- Answered by Henry A from San Juan Capistrano
- 07 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?)
Can I use this cable to watch videos from apps such Amazon Instant video
- Asked by Laurie D from River Forest
- 03 29, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to watch videos from apps such Amazon Instant video)
Connecting Apple Composite AV Cable to iPhone 6s with a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
I have an Apple Composite AV Cable and it always worked very well. It is in very good condition and I want to use it when I travel instead of bringing Apple TV around. Since my iPhone 6s is a lightning connection, can I use a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter to link up the Cable to my iPhone 6s? Would sound and video transmit?
I would prefer this rather than buying a whole new set of Lightning Digital AV Adapter and HDMI cable.
- Asked by Daniel M
- 05 3, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting Apple Composite AV Cable to iPhone 6s with a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter)
Should be able to. That and videos only.
does video show on ipad and tv at same time?
I have the new ipad and would like to view video on the tv. I also want the video to be displayed on the ipad and tv at the same time. Will this happen using the composite av cable?
- Asked by Charles A from Twentynine Palms
- 10 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (does video show on ipad and tv at same time?)
No it doesn't. It simply just shows the netflix logo while it streams to your tv.
- Answered by Alberto Z from Round Rock
- 10 17, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does video show on ipad and tv at same time?)
What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?
I am seeking the best sound quality someone said I should use a airport express?
- Asked by Kristen I from Downingtown
- 12 21, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?)
The iWires 3.5mm cable will be the easiest way to connect to a Bose wave system without using the Bose Wave connect kit. No adapters needed simply connect the cable from your iPad 3.5mm Jack into the Headphone input on the rear of the Wave system. This should provide decent quality audio providing you adjust the volume on your iPad to a level that does not cause distortion when using the Wave system at high volume levels.
Alternatively you could purchase the Bose Wave Connect Kit which is specifically designed for iDevices but it will no doubt be the most expensive option & I doubt the difference in audio quality will be worth the extra expense.
- Answered by Jamie H
- 01 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?)
All of the Apple portable devices output an analog signal rather than a digital signal. To get the best quality sound, you should turn the volume all the way up on the iPhone (or iPad, iPod, etc.), and adjust the listening volume using the stereo. In general, sound quality will be limited by the type of file - MP3 and other compressed formats will limit fidelity. Thus, for playing via a stereo I suggest storing Apple Lossless versions of your music on a computer running iTunes. If you want 'audiophile' grade sound, you should add an external digital to analog converter with a computer interface (like USB) rather than use the circuits built into the portable device.
- Answered by Frank W from Minneapolis
- 03 19, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What's the best way to connect Iphone to home stereo and maintain digital sound quality?)
Yes you can. As long as you have the audio input connection on your TV you will be able to.
- Answered by David M from San Francisco
- 01 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i play music from iPad through television with this cable?)