Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
524 Questions from the Community
Yes you can. As long as you have the audio input connection on your TV you will be able to.
- Answered by David M from San Francisco
- 01 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i play music from iPad through television with this cable?)
I have dish network as my satellite provider, I have the dish network app on my iphone, will these cable play my dish network from my iphone to my tv
basically I want to watch dish network from my iphone into a larger tv, I know youtube you can, and netflix I can play only sound not video, Im only concerned if dish network will work out to my tv on my boat?Best Answer:
No it will not send video out on the A/V cable just sound!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Dish Network will upgrade there app
Yes you can. Works best with a big hd tv.
- Answered by Ryan L from Brampton
- 12 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch FaceTime on my TV with composite input from my iPhone4 when using this cable?)
What is the length of the composite video cable for iPod / iPhone?
- Asked by Sean L from Lafayette
- 03 16, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the length of the composite video cable for iPod / iPhone?)
It's about 1.5 meters
- Answered by Marc B
- 12 12, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the length of the composite video cable for iPod / iPhone?)
Can you play Facebook videos on your TV using Composite AV Cable Thanks
- Asked by Skye S from Wongawallan
- 03 4, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you play Facebook videos on your TV using Composite AV Cable Thanks)
all the cables do is mirror your device that your are using. so the answer will be yes as long as you can play videos on your device you will be able to see videos on your tv
- Answered by Rene B from San Antonio
- 10 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you play Facebook videos on your TV using Composite AV Cable Thanks)
I have a new Toyota AyGo which has a MirrorLink display. I'm told you need to use the Appincar. Where do I get the special cable?
I have an iPhone 5s so it must work with the lightning connector. I think the cable connects the phone to both the USB and aux in sockets.
I have the Appincar app but I need the cable as wellBest Answer:
Unfortunately, MirrorLink is only compatible with the Iphone 4 and 4S.
Trying to get it working with anything newer, is just going to leave you with hours of frustration.
Best option is to email Pioneer and Toyota to complain.
Great question. But the answer is no. You'd think attaching a "Lightning to 30-pin Adapter" to an iPad with Retina Display, then attaching the "Apple Composite AV Cable" would work right? Because they all connect. HOWEVER, Apple states "Video output not supported" by the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter. So you'd get audio but no video. Apple needs to come out with a "Lightning to Composite AV Cable" for older TV's (non-HDMI/HDTV). Oh well ... Your best bet is to get the Lightning Digital AV Adapter - it works great - with an HDMI/HDTV.
- Answered by Stephen G from Hilo
- 03 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does the av composite cables work with the ipad with retina display)
Can this cable be used to connect the Apple TV to a TV set via USB?
Or does Apple TV need to be connected to the TV via the HDMI port (plus an adapter to connect the HDMI cable to the Composite cable)?
- Asked by Scott W from Glasgow
- 12 19, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used to connect the Apple TV to a TV set via USB?)
I think I have found the answer. Instead of accessing iplayer through the iplayer app, do it through safari. This seems to work for me. Good luck
- Answered by Suzanne T
- 06 4, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i use the cable to watch BBC iPlayer through my tv from my iPad?)
what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter
- Asked by Pedro N from Duncanville
- 03 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
It all depends what you want to connect your apple device to. Look at the connector ends of each cable and figure out if you have something that will match the plug.
The apple vga adapter goes from the ipad/iphone type "apple" connector to a VGA connection - the kind you would have to connect to a computer monitor. (Some people who travel to do speeches need this to display their presentation on a big presentation screen)
The apple digital av adapter has one end that connects to your apple device and the other end connects to an HDMI cable to attach to an HDMI TV. If you dont have an HDMI connection on your tv, it won't work. You also need an HDMI cable that you can get at any TV/electronics store (best buy, radio shack etc)
Apple also sells component and composite cables for ipod/iphone connections AND they sell similar cables that will connect your tv to a firewire or dvi port on a laptop.
Look at the device you want to connect with (your tv?) first and find out what kind of connections it has. Then you will know what connector AND what cable to buy.
If you have a compatible ipod or iphone with the apple connector and you have an HDMI cable to connect to your HDMI TV, buy the apple digital av adapter.
- Answered by Libby G from Redlands
- 03 19, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
Can I hook iPad to tv and see Skype on the tv
- Asked by Tim B from Scarborough
- 10 24, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hook iPad to tv and see Skype on the tv)
The audio will work (99% sure) because the converter between Lightning and 30 pin supports analog audio out. The video (yellow cable) will not work :(
As far as I can tell, there is no way to support composite video on the iphone 5 without using an expensive converter box from VGA or HDMI.
- Answered by Jerry R from Portsmouth
- 10 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Apple Composite AV cable work with an iPhone 5 -- with an adapter? Or will the analog audio be a problem?)
is there a av cable with the lightning connector
I have a new ipad and would like to get a av cable to watch movies on my tv. the only cables i see is a thirty pin and an adaptor for the lightning. is there a av cable with the lightning connector or do i have to spend another thirty dollars to get the adaptor from thirty pin to the lightning
- Asked by John O from Coxsackie
- 01 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a av cable with the lightning connector)
I have the same problem - I have iPhone5 and iPod touch 5th gen and I want to watch iTunes music videos and other movies on my car dvd player (for the kids etc) and my dvd player only has AV inputs. I was told by Apple that the only video out cable for these devices is HDMI, they don't support AV.
Don't bother with the 30 pin to lightening adaptor to connect to the Composite AV cable. It only outputs audio (I've tried it). I got Apple TV for watching on my home TV - very good!
- Answered by Sue J
- 02 6, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is there a av cable with the lightning connector)
What is the length of the cable from the composite inputs to the iPod input and what is the length of the cable that has a USB port at the end of it?Best Answer:
Its about 2 metres. (6 feet)
Will the av/usb composite cable allow me to use my iPhone as GPS and display it on Ford's mytouch screen through the av hub?
- Asked by Donald H from Indianapolis
- 07 1, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the av/usb composite cable allow me to use my iPhone as GPS and display it on Ford's mytouch screen through the av hub?)
All of the Apple portable devices output an analog signal rather than a digital signal. To get the best quality sound, you should turn the volume all the way up on the iPhone (or iPad, iPod, etc.), and adjust the listening volume using the stereo. In general, sound quality will be limited by the type of file - MP3 and other compressed formats will limit fidelity. Thus, for playing via a stereo I suggest storing Apple Lossless versions of your music on a computer running iTunes. If you want 'audiophile' grade sound, you should add an external digital to analog converter with a computer interface (like USB) rather than use the circuits built into the portable device.
- Answered by Frank W from Minneapolis
- 03 19, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What's the best way to connect Iphone to home stereo and maintain digital sound quality?)
Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?
- Asked by Madison B from Wildwood
- 01 1, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?)
YES you can connect the AV COMPONENT CABLES to any ipad, iphone or ipod touch & then to your tv. but as far as i know once you hook up the cables you will only be able to see the video on one device at a time... i hope this answers your questions.
- Answered by Timothy B from Oxford
- 01 23, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?)
does this include the wall charger?
- Asked by Jerry A from Baton Rouge
- 12 31, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (does this include the wall charger?)
Yes, a 5 watt power brick is included, and the cable has a USB connector to plug into the brick.
- Answered by Derek M from Ely
- 01 12, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does this include the wall charger?)