Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
525 Questions from the Community
Yes but protect the video out connector with a cap or tape or a tiny plastic bag and tape because if you allow it to short to ground or power it will most likely damage the unit. Additionally only make or break connections with power off. You can also use your USB car charger to provide power and charge at the same time...
If you want a more elegant solution I'd recommend the universal dock since all you need is a simple audio cable such as the Belkin Y Adapter Cable for iPhone/iPod (3.5mm PLUG/2-RCA plugs) - 7 ft and you're good to go for playback and if you already have a USB car charger it simply plugs into the other dock port. BTW the dock comes with a universal remote it also adds limited remote functions. adds a bit of safety overall and besides it's way too kewll for using in a car...
- Answered by Kenneth E B from Warner Robins
- 10 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can my Ipod Classic play through the Apple Composite AV Cable to a car radio with right connection cables.)
Can the AV cable work with a lighting to 30 pin adapter on iPad 4 gen
- Asked by Thomas S from Evansville
- 12 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the AV cable work with a lighting to 30 pin adapter on iPad 4 gen)
i tried last WE but no signal on the TV.
It works perfectly on 30-pin devices but no way to transfer signal with the lightning adapter.
Does anyone have a solution?
- Answered by Patricio V from Torino
- 05 6, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can the AV cable work with a lighting to 30 pin adapter on iPad 4 gen)
Yes. You can watch the video stream using the cable. Mine will only output the video using the HQ mode if I switch it to SQ it just goes black. I have it hooked to my Head-Unit in my truck and it works great.
- Answered by Chris M from Lakeland
- 06 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Slingbox)
Can I use this cable to watch videos from 3rd party providers such as Netflix, youtube or Amazon from my IPOD touch IOS 6.1?
IPOD MODEL A1367
- Asked by Warren W from Pleasanton
- 02 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to watch videos from 3rd party providers such as Netflix, youtube or Amazon from my IPOD touch IOS 6.1?)
Can I hook my iphone to ATV 1 gen
- Asked by Kerri C from Salt Lake City
- 12 22, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hook my iphone to ATV 1 gen)
You won't be able to use the Composite or Component AV cable to watch TV on your iPad.
The both the component and composite cable can be used to watch movies from your iPhone, iPod or iPad on a TV with matching inputs, but they will not go in the opposite direction.
You might try using your PC or MAC TV tuner (such as an Elgato EyeTV) and converting the video onto an iPad viewable format and transferring it to your iPad via iTunes, or purchase or rent the show directly from iTunes directly from your iPad.
I hope this helps.
- Answered by James H from North Bondi
- 01 31, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the component av cable to connect my ipad to my tv and watch live tv on my ipad)
Can. I use the composite cable to hook an apple tv to run my ipad2
I want to use my iPad 2 AirPlay wireless
- Asked by Helen L from Spring Valley
- 02 4, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can. I use the composite cable to hook an apple tv to run my ipad2)
Can you still charge the iPhone in the universal dock while using this cable?
I want to use this cable to connect the universal dock to an amp via red and white connectors and still charge the iPnone
- Asked by Brian G
- 05 14, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you still charge the iPhone in the universal dock while using this cable?)
Actually it charges by default if you plug it in...
- Answered by Robert M from Guelph
- 06 25, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you still charge the iPhone in the universal dock while using this cable?)
When using this cable to connect a iPad2 to a stereo, do you control the music volume with the ipad or the stereo or a combination of both?Answer
It depends if it is a stereo made specifically for iPods and apple stuff, like the ihome. If you're using an auxiliary cable you usually use volume control on both the stereo and the iPad/iPod. Most people I know say that if you have it plugged into your car stereo, it sounds better if you have the iPad/iPod volume up just halfway or thee fourths of the way, and then control the rest with the stereo. I dont know why the volume of your iPod or iPad would effect the sound quality over the stereo, but apparently it does(:
- Answered by Anthony T from Highland Village
- 09 30, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (When using this cable to connect a iPad2 to a stereo, do you control the music volume with the ipad or the stereo or a combination of both?)
Can this be used to connect to my av reciever that has no usb ports for music playback thru my stereo speakers. ?Can you provide a wiring diagram?Answer
I did this already for my ipod classic. Older stereo amps output analog, (l&r stereo jacks should be at back). You need an adapter (avail. from Radio Shack) to go from the 2 analog outputs to a single mini stereo cable from the headphone socket on your ipod. You should also connect your ipod to a power source. (I use the dock with power plug that came with my original ipod.) When your ipod is playing, it constitutes an audio-in device, so be sure to attach your l/r audio plugs to an "audio in" location on the back of your amplifier. You can only do this via an amplifier, since the ipod itself only outputs enough sound for earphones.
How can I watch Philippine channel in my ipda2
- Asked by Vangie S from Montreal
- 08 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I watch Philippine channel in my ipda2)
what cable do i need to connect my iphone5 to my tv
I have downloaded netflix onto my iphone5s. How can I connect my iphone to my tv to watch the films? I don't have an Apple tv.
- Asked by Amanda P
- 01 12, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable do i need to connect my iphone5 to my tv)
Q1. Mirroring, Q2. 3rd Party Video Apps
I have 2 questions
Q1. Does this Composite AV cable work with iPad-2 with mirroring functionality ?
Q2. If Q1 is NO, then does this work with the 3rd party video apps like AVplayer or VLC streamer ? OR does it only works with an Stock Apple Video player only with respect to videos ?
- Asked by Rajmanikkam S from Singapore
- 07 18, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Q1. Mirroring, Q2. 3rd Party Video Apps)
Can the composite cable input Buzz Player files?
- Asked by Anjaan P from Sydney
- 02 16, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the composite cable input Buzz Player files?)
can i connect AV component to my old tv which has only 3 connection ?
my tv has only 3 connection but i order AV component. shall i return it and get the conposite one?
- Asked by Mohammadreza S from Los Angeles
- 04 29, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect AV component to my old tv which has only 3 connection ?)