Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
524 Questions from the Community
How can I play music from my iPhone through my TV or Home Theater System (HTS) wirelessly?
I have a smart Home Theater System (HTS) and a HD TV. Neither have a Bluetooth function. Ideally I'd like to play music from my iPhone 6 through this system wirelessly. If that isn't possible I'd at least like to be able to connect my phone with the proper cable. Is there a "receiver" that I can plug into my TV or HTS that I can pair with my iPhone to allow me to use my phone to preform different functions?
- Asked by Amy O from Richmond
- 05 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I play music from my iPhone through my TV or Home Theater System (HTS) wirelessly?)
I have a composite cable red whit and yellow but my HDTV does not have a yellow connection it is blue
I am just trying to hook up an iPad connector to my tv
- Asked by Lorraine N from Boca Raton
- 01 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a composite cable red whit and yellow but my HDTV does not have a yellow connection it is blue)
- Answered by Matthew B from L
- 06 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will-the-apple-composite-av-cable-work-with-an-iphone 6 plus with-an-adapter)
Hi - I have this same question...I just purchased the AV Composite Cable, have the Iphone 4/IOS6 and get no video...only sound on my tv...bummer. If you or anyone else can answer this, let me know. Thanks.
- Answered by Jeff L from Jackson
- 10 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the AV Composite Cable works with my iPhone 4s with IOS6 ? Or will I only have the sound? Thanks and regards Dirk)
Ability to connect IPAD to Logitech z5300 speakers
I'd like to connect my ipad to my speakers at work - Logitech z5300. Its capable of 2, 4.1 and 5.1. The back of the z5300 is colored coded same as my with Green (front), Black (rear) and Center/SUB (orange)
I have what I think is Component cable - 1 small jack for the IPAD connection - and 3 connectors downstream (Red, Yellow, White)
I cannot seem to find the right combination to drive the 5.1 speakers?
- Asked by David D from Fair Oaks
- 02 22, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Ability to connect IPAD to Logitech z5300 speakers)
No, because the lightening to 30 pin adapter does not support video.
- Answered by Luke M from Williamston
- 11 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this cable work with the new iPad Mini connected to a lightening to 30 pin adapter?)
Can I use my iPad for dj jobs, like I would my laptop?
What cables and connections can I use to make it work?
- Asked by Maurice H from Cleveland
- 07 9, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my iPad for dj jobs, like I would my laptop?)
Not really. To DJ properly using a laptop generally requires a software & hardware combination (i.e. Serato, Tractor, PCDJ, MIDI Controller, etc.) which interconnects via a USB port. The iPad is tablet designed for light computer use; reading, web-browsing, iTunes, games & apps and it has no USB port. A pro DJ using digital music files requires much more CPU power, RAM, and HD space to run the software, process the sounds and store the music files. A robustly configured MacBook Pro is your best bet for this type of application.
- Answered by E.j. W from Babylon
- 07 11, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use my iPad for dj jobs, like I would my laptop?)
How to have video signal with my composite av cable
- Asked by Francis A from San Diego California
- 10 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (How to have video signal with my composite av cable)
The answer is no. The composite cable is only good for Netflix. I've tried other apps ( YouTube ) and you will only get sound. No video. I'm using an iPhone 4. Now with my iPhone 5s, I can mirror my screen to the TV with the HDMI adapter.
So, restating, I have only found the expensive composite cable is only good for hooking up Netflix as far as apps are concerned. I couldn't even look at my photos with them. I real downer.
- Answered by Mark B from Evansville
- 03 31, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How to have video signal with my composite av cable)
With this cable connector, would I be able to stream Netflix movies from my iPad Mini?
I would obviously buy the lightening to 30pin adapter to connect the cable. What I want to do is just watch Netflix with my iPad but see it on the tv, or play games and see it on the tv. Thanks!
- Asked by Raffi G from Burbank
- 02 4, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (With this cable connector, would I be able to stream Netflix movies from my iPad Mini?)
Yes. I use it to watch Netflix on my hotel TVs all of the time.
- Answered by Chuck H from Scotch Plains
- 04 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (With this cable connector, would I be able to stream Netflix movies from my iPad Mini?)
No this device only works as a output not an input
- Answered by Jack E from Sierra Madre
- 06 27, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I don't have a TV. Can I hook my DVD player up to my iPad to view my DVDs on the iPad?)
Is there a cable or connector that will connect the av output from my Sony Handycam camcorder to the input USB socket of my iMac?
I simply want my iMac to accept video from my Sony Handycam. The Handycam came with a dock that features a USB output but it is not recognised by my iMac. So I'm thinking of connecting the mini av output on the Handycam itself directly to the USB input on the iMac.Answer
According to sony, both on their site and through customer support chat, the sony handycam camcorder DCR-DVD firmware is NOT compatible with Macs and they do NOT provide andy drivers to that end.
I am emailing upper management
- Answered by Beverly M from Sterling
- 08 23, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a cable or connector that will connect the av output from my Sony Handycam camcorder to the input USB socket of my iMac?)
Yes it is possible. Purchase an Apple Component AV Cable. Connect the 3 prongs (red, white and yellow to the smartboard). The usb does not connect to the smartboard. Connect the other end to the iphone. Select Composite on the input selector on the smartboard. This only works if you want to play a movie downloaded from itunes etc. The USB can be used to charge the iphone if you have an adapter for the plug-in. Plug adapter into outlet and place USB into the adapter.
- Answered by Carey B from Linwood
- 11 1, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I connect my Iphone to an Interactive Board / Smartboard? Is this possible?)
No, Mac laptops do not have an iPod dock type jack. The USB connector on this cable is for providing power to a device and will not provide an audio or video output from a computer.
- Answered by Carl S from Land O Lakes
- 05 17, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this cable with my mac laptop to connect to television and Bose speakers?)
Do these composite av cables fit iPad air.
- Asked by Ella A from Auburndale
- 12 21, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these composite av cables fit iPad air.)
It is only compatible with the iPad Air for audio only. It does not show the video. I just got one for my son at Christmas and it is not compatible for video. Currently, the composite cables are not made for iPad Air. Check the product info on Apple site and it will confirm this.
- Answered by Lisa C from Winnipeg
- 01 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do these composite av cables fit iPad air.)
Yes, it is. The TV must have an available A/V Input (with female RCA jacks).
Just plug the adapter cable in and set the TV "Source" to that input. If your iPod or iPhone is set up correctly, you simply play your video and it is sent out to the TV.
- Answered by Christopher M from Houston
- 12 29, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the cable compatible to connect to a CRT (tube) television. Other words not being a flat screen television)
You would want to get the Lightning Digital AV Adapter. This connection is Lightening to HDMI and also has a charging port as well.
- Answered by David M from San Francisco
- 01 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What specifically do I buy to be able to watch Netflix on my tv from my iPhone 6 plus?)
Hi will this work if my tv has 3 connectors , black yellow & green?
I want to play my kids videos/programs - peppa pig, gruffalo etc - from my iPad to my tv. But my tv has 3 outlet connectors black yellow & green & a USB outlet. Could you tell me what i need! Thanks
- Asked by Kerry R
- 07 6, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi will this work if my tv has 3 connectors , black yellow & green?)
Cable connecting iPad mini to TV
Need a cable to connect iPad mini to TV
- Asked by Glenn B from Bethlehem
- 07 19, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Cable connecting iPad mini to TV)
is there a composite av cable compatible with iPhone 6 and Ipad Mini?
- Asked by Tim T from East Jordan
- 06 16, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a composite av cable compatible with iPhone 6 and Ipad Mini?)