Questions & Answers for Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
257 Questions from the Community
I have a Microvison ShowWX+hdm1 will this work?
I have a iphone for and a ipad 3. I can use the projector to project videos and pictures but want to be able to project the entire screen. it connects to the projector using its own style connection at the unit but a iphone/ipad connecter to connect to the device. If I buy this connecter can I plug it into the extra port used for charging? I can buy a vga connector for the microvision but was hoping to only buy one connecter so I could use it on my tv as well. thanks
- Asked by Jonathan R from Flagstaff
- 08 17, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Microvison ShowWX+hdm1 will this work?)
How is this model different from the previous adapter? (prior to March 2012)
This adapter is listed as new in March 2012 but does not functionally sound different from the previous model.
- Asked by Eric S from Ottawa
- 03 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (How is this model different from the previous adapter? (prior to March 2012))
The new version of the Apple Digital AV Adapter (Part Number MD098ZM/A) differs from the previous version in the following ways:
1) Smaller multi-pin connector to the iPhone / iPad
2) Connector is retained by a locking mechanism, so the plug cannot fall out of the base of the iPhone, or the iPad. I found this to be an issue with the previous version of this cable.
3) Device requires a firmware update. At the time of writing, Version 5.1 for iPhone 4S has just been released. I discovered that this update was required in order to make this cable work. I became aware of this due to the 'Device requires a Firmware Update' warning that I received when connecting the new cable.
4) Cable is supplied in a small box, rather than a clear plastic packet.
I actually bought the previous version from a well-known online store, saw that the part number was different, and returned it when I saw this new version on the Apple Store. At the time of writing, no other outlets seem to carry this accessory. However, I consider that it's worth the extra £6 (I paid £35 including delivery), simply for the secure locking mechanism that prevents the cable from being accidentally pulled out of the iPhone or iPad. For me, this was a big problem with the previous version of this adapter.
I have not yet tested the item in detail, however intial tests have proven that the device works well for BBC iPlayer, plus other apps including a CD+G Karaoke player that I use.
Although expensive for what it is, the Apple Digital AV Adapter provides an industry-standard HDMI socket, which carries a clean and sharp 720p Digital Video output. Great accessory for those with an iPhone 4S or iPad.
- Answered by Alan D
- 03 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How is this model different from the previous adapter? (prior to March 2012))
Will iPhone 4s project 1080p with digital av cable
- Asked by Rimon M from Shelby Township
- 07 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will iPhone 4s project 1080p with digital av cable)
I have a 3rd generation Ipod touch and the latest IOS software and I was wondering will the HDMI cable work on my Ipod because of the software?
No answers yet
Can i mirror or output games to my tv with this?
- Asked by Matthew B from Ventura
- 08 20, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i mirror or output games to my tv with this?)
Why are people having problems with this product? Wanting to get it so I can watch downloaded tv shows from my ipad2 on my HDTV. Will it work??
Digital AV adaptor-can you guarantee it will work??
- Asked by Michelle C from Wattle Park
- 07 18, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Why are people having problems with this product? Wanting to get it so I can watch downloaded tv shows from my ipad2 on my HDTV. Will it work??)
If the dock connector isn't seated securely, you may experience a message saying "this accessory is not supported". Removing and reconnecting securely fixes this. Some cases and covers may make this challenging. Also, a few televisions may have HDMI compatibility issues, particularly if they're older. While the adapter is compatible with the vast majority of televisions on the market, everyone's setup is different.
I just got this and was wondering if I can use a dvi converter and attach it to the hdmi adapter so that I can put my iPad on dvi supported devices..
No answers yet
Yes, this will work as long as the TV has an HDMI input. You need to purchase an HDMI cable separately.
- Answered by John A from Mount Laurel
- 04 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Digital AV adapter/iPad 3 combination work with a tv that accepts 1080i but not 1080p?)
Will the camera Sony Cyber-Shot DSC10V reads the card reader with iPad?
- Asked by Virginia F from Knoxville
- 09 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the camera Sony Cyber-Shot DSC10V reads the card reader with iPad?)
Will this work with a 3GS iPhone running iOS 5.0
- Asked by Derek M from Charlottesville
- 03 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a 3GS iPhone running iOS 5.0)
Does the camera app work on it?
So can I see myself on there?
- Asked by Josh F from Las Vegas
- 04 7, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the camera app work on it?)
Yes! It will show you the image from the Camera app
- Answered by Abdullah S from Worcester
- 04 19, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the camera app work on it?)
How do you connect your I pad to the tv
- Asked by Martin S from Hannon
- 05 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you connect your I pad to the tv)
Is it possible to Watch live UK tv in spain with digital AV adaptor
I want to watch live UK tv via my i pad on tv in spain. Will the digital av adaptor be the answer.
I know i will need Expat shield or something loike it
- Asked by Trevor J
- 10 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to Watch live UK tv in spain with digital AV adaptor)
You need to set up a VPN connection.
It is easy to set up but you will need to subscribe to a service about £5 per month for UK only, or a tenner for a multinational set up of about 14 countries including UK & USA. Nearly all onlıne TV services check your IP Address to make sure you are in the same country so you have to get round this.
From what I have read all terrestial TV stations can be streamed through this adaptor but it does not work for Sky Channels.
- Answered by Paul B
- 10 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is it possible to Watch live UK tv in spain with digital AV adaptor)