Questions & Answers for Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
110 Questions from the Community
Is there a USB adapter that can used with IPad II?
How can I work with documents and files on my IPad II from my pen drives?
- Asked by Barbara E from San Benito
- 12 31, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a USB adapter that can used with IPad II?)
You can't use a USB pen drive directly with the iPad 2, even when using the camera kit (which supports USB connection to certain digital cameras), neither can you connect USB hubs or other peripherals - only certain digital cameras.
One workaround is to use a USB pen drive that accepts SD cards with your computer, then remove the SD card from the pen drive and use the second device which comes with the iPad camera kit - the SD card reader, to transfer the files.
Bear in mind that even with this second method you can only transfer photographs (and only those photos in a format compatible with iOS). You're best off using a 3rd party cloud service on your computer and loading a suitable cloud client from the App Store on your iPad to be able to transfer and those files to the iPad for use with a compatible App.
- Answered by Adrian D
- 01 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a USB adapter that can used with IPad II?)
How can I load a slideshow presentation on my iPad?
- Asked by Keikilani C from Lihu'e Kauai
- 11 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I load a slideshow presentation on my iPad?)
What the dimensions of this
- Asked by Jonathan M from Oklahoma City
- 11 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What the dimensions of this)
How can I charge my iPhone with the micro USB cable ? I would like to know how to use it, is it like a portable charger ?
- Asked by Junior O from Los Angeles
- 11 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I charge my iPhone with the micro USB cable ? I would like to know how to use it, is it like a portable charger ?)
No, it's not a portable charger. It's a tiny little adapter that plugs into the small end of a microUSB cable, so that you can plug it into your iphone 5/5s/6/6plus and it will charge. You need to plug the microUSB cable into a charger or USB port to get power. The idea behind this is to use one of your many microUSB cables you already have (especially if you had an android phone before your iphone). Actually, the reason this exists is so Apple can sell iphones in Europe, which have a law that all mobiles phones must use a microUSB cable to charge.
- Answered by Eric R from Manchester Center
- 11 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I charge my iPhone with the micro USB cable ? I would like to know how to use it, is it like a portable charger ?)
ipad mini to ethernet
Can I attach my iPad mini to an ether net cable. Don't have a lot of access to wi-fi, but yes to ethernet connections. Will this Micro adapter allow me to then plug in my USB ethernet adaptor that I have for my mac and then access internet on mini.
- Asked by K A from Sale
- 02 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (ipad mini to ethernet)
Does it do fast charging when i use it with a 12W USB Power Adapter?
So when i use it with a micro-usb cable and the 12W USB Power Adapter (for iPad) to charge my iPhone 5, does it charge as fast as the original lightning cable?
- Asked by Kins C
- 11 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it do fast charging when i use it with a 12W USB Power Adapter?)
As far as we publicly know, the iPhone 5 will use a maximum of 5W (5V x 1.0A) to charge. The maximum power for for micro USB by specification is 9W (5V x 1.8A). Even if using the 12W charger (or a 1000W charger), the iPhone will only draw 5W. If you were to use another device that wanted more power (iPad 4th gen - wants up to 12W), you might be limited by the physical USB connector cable as 9W might be the maximum physically possible. If more power was delivered through the micro USB cable, it may heat up, cause a fire, or short circuit unless the cable and pins were intentionally designed to surpass specification.
- Answered by Mark B from Petersburg
- 11 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it do fast charging when i use it with a 12W USB Power Adapter?)