Questions & Answers for Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
198 Questions from the Community
Can I copy music from iPod to iPad
When I changed my PC last year I lost much of the music off it
But the tracks are still on my iPod
Can I copy them back into iTunes on my PC or my newi iPad
- Asked by Wyndham P
- 06 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I copy music from iPod to iPad)
Does this work with an Olympus sz 14
- Asked by Alyssa A from Nanaimo
- 04 20, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with an Olympus sz 14)
Can I use this to transfer 1080p video from iPhone 5 to iPad?
Again, I want to transfer 1080p video I take on my iPhone 5 to my iPad so I can edit it in iMovie. I prefer the larger screen for projects like video editing.
- Asked by Jason P from Berkeley
- 11 9, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to transfer 1080p video from iPhone 5 to iPad?)
Yup. I was able to connect my iPhone 5 as the "camera" to the adapter and was able to transfer camera roll photos and videos from the iPhone to the iPad (4th gen).
- Answered by Renjith C from Bothell
- 12 22, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this to transfer 1080p video from iPhone 5 to iPad?)
You can plug a very limited number of mass storage devices into this, provided they have enough power (or you use a powered USB hub), and access photos from them. Unofficially, some keyboards, MIDI devices, and microphones also work (dependant on the app).
However, it cannot be used as you would a USB port on a normal computer; ie, with webcams, printers, game controllers, etc.
- Answered by Chris A from Pontefract
- 11 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you only plug your camera to it or can you plug other thing to it like you thumb drive)
will this connect with an ipad 2
- Asked by Gurbhag D
- 02 21, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (will this connect with an ipad 2)
No, you need the 30-pin version. It's called the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit.
- Answered by Zach H from York
- 03 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this connect with an ipad 2)
Will this work with cameras that use USB 3.0?
- Asked by Wu L from Toronto
- 10 31, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with cameras that use USB 3.0?)
Yes, USB 3.0 will work on USB 2.0 but will run at 2.0 speeds and vice versa.
- Answered by Melissa M from Houston
- 11 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with cameras that use USB 3.0?)
can I use this adaptor for my iMac
The camera adaptor that I bought to download images from my Canon 5D to my iPadworks a treat! Can I use it to download from my camera to my new iMac?
Incidentally, Apple has set disastrous booby traps for the unwary: be careful, the slightest touch on the "Delete" option that comes up when one "Selects" images for downloading will permanently delate all your precious, irreplaceable photos from your camera memory card!!! It happened to me. I lost over 80 carefully taken photos during a trip to India - photos that I had meticulously planned a year in advance, after researching the Internet, for the best examples of the incredible examples of the art of "pieta dura" and other detailed decorative architectural detail in the Agra Red Fort and Itimad-ud-Daula's mausoleum. All gone in a flash, when I inattentively, inadvertently brushed a finger on the" Delete" option while scrolling!!!! Apple should never have crafted this unnecessary "Delete" option when one is merely trying to transfer/download images from camera to iPad. C'mon Apple geeks - get rid of this pitfall.
Apple: Super hardware, nicely designed, but the software is quirky and even daft! My PC was not as pretty, but was better in use!
- Asked by Michael A
- 04 13, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this adaptor for my iMac)
The iMac has an SD slot at the rear so does not need the SD adaptor. The iMac has USB ports as well, so will connect directly to the camera USB cable.
That is, the adaptor is not needed for the iMac.
- Answered by Stephen F
- 05 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I use this adaptor for my iMac)
I bought my iPad in September of 2011. Can I use this connector?
I am going on vacation and would like to be able to see my photos on my iPad. The website says this connector is only goog on 4th generation iPads or the mini. I bought got mine in September of 2011. Is this connector compatible?
- Asked by Terri N from Walloon Lake
- 10 30, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (I bought my iPad in September of 2011. Can I use this connector?)
This will not work with your iPad. Yours has a 30-pin input; not Lightning. The correct adapter for iPad 1 through 3 is called "Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit."
- Answered by Kyle F from Carbondale
- 11 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I bought my iPad in September of 2011. Can I use this connector?)
Can I connect a USB headset
Like the Razer Kraken 7.1 Surround Sound Over Ear USB Gaming Headset
- Asked by Collin W from Hyde Park
- 02 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a USB headset)
will the lightning usb camera adapter still work on ipad 4 or air like the 30 pin adapter does on ipad 2 -3 for the usb xenyx behringer mixers?
Interface usb behringer xenyx mixersBest Answer:
I will answer my own Question yes the behringer xenyx 1832 usb interface will work with ipad 4th generation
Can u hook a mxl pro 1B USB mic up to it?
- Asked by Charles G from Muskogee
- 04 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can u hook a mxl pro 1B USB mic up to it?)
- Answered by Christopher M
- 04 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I tranfer files from Keynote to the USB?)
Could this be used as a general usb port like on a computer or is it just for cameras?
For example, would you be able to connect an external hard drive to the iPad to transfer movies/videos?
- Asked by Kathleen T
- 10 30, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Could this be used as a general usb port like on a computer or is it just for cameras?)
Still testing what will/won't connect with this to my iPad Mini, but anything that needs power from USB (ie card reader, thumb drive or mini USB HDD) comes up with a message 'the connected USB device requires too much power' and does not connect.
Canon 50D connects fine, and appears as 'Camera' in photos app, and allows import into a separate 'imported' album (not camera roll.
Can I use an USB thumb drive to store files (like Word or Excel files) then, with the cable, read and access these files on my iPad?
No answers yet