Questions & Answers for Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
587 Questions from the Community
does this fit iphone 5 and connet to docking station with clock?
I have just got a IPhone 5 but have a alarm docking station will this adapter work?
- Asked by Victoria F
- 11 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (does this fit iphone 5 and connet to docking station with clock?)
Will this work with a Bose Sound Dock II?
- Asked by Calvin D from Whangarei
- 09 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a Bose Sound Dock II?)
That is correct, you place the female part of the 30 Pin Connector on your dock and then your iPhone 5 will sit on the Lightning Connector.
I hope this helps.
late...but. I have a 2013 elantra, and using an iphone 5 with the 30 pin to lightning converter (on the standard issue Hyundai ipod/iphone connector) works great. It even displays track names (no artwork, but that wasnt even a consideration really (2013 elantra limited w/ tech package). Works great, lets you navigate through folders, artists, and playlists.
- Answered by Louis F from Montgomery
- 03 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the lightning-to-30-pin-adapter work in Hyundai i10 2012 Active Model?)
Will it work with an apple iPod hi-fi?
Will I be able to dock a new iPhone with lightning adapter into an apple iPod hi-fi with the old 30-pin adapter?
The Hi-fi has an AUX port at the back, so I can use an audio cable if needs be and I remember my old iPhone wouldn't charge on it, so if I were to buy it; it would have to dock and charge and play through the speakers to make it worthwhile.
- Asked by David B
- 11 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with an apple iPod hi-fi?)
does this work with the geneva sound dock?
- Asked by William C
- 11 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work with the geneva sound dock?)
Yes, it does :-)
- Answered by Martin Pihl J
- 11 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does this work with the geneva sound dock?)
will this work with either the VGA or HDMI 30 pin cables to display keynote presentations?
I have both the VGA and HDMI cables for the iPad 3rd generation. Can I use this adapter to use either of my cables to show keynote and pdf documents on an external display?
- Asked by John H from Hamilton
- 11 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with either the VGA or HDMI 30 pin cables to display keynote presentations?)
No this is not working either with the VGA nor the HDMI adapter.
You'll have to buy a new lightning to VGA or HDMI adapter. Shame.
- Answered by Jerome N
- 12 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this work with either the VGA or HDMI 30 pin cables to display keynote presentations?)
Yes, I have just bought one of these adapters and it works with my iPhone 5 on the original Zeppelin.
- Answered by Daniel T from Hectorville
- 12 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will it work with the first zeppeliner not air.. ????)
Lightening to 30 pin adaptor - will I get TV picture signal from an IDTV tuner/receiver
I have an IDTV Freeview receiver which is designed to be plugged in to my iPad with retina so that I can watch Freeview TV on my iPad. But is has the 30 pin plug. I was planning to get a Lightening to 30 pin adapter to connect the two up. But, the product description says that video output is not supported.
So, would that mean that I only get the sound and not the picture?
All answers gratefully received
- Asked by Katie R from Letchworth
- 09 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightening to 30 pin adaptor - will I get TV picture signal from an IDTV tuner/receiver)
The Lightning to 30 pin adaptor works perfectly well with the IDTV tuner/receiver....the tv signal is picked up by the IDTV unit and passed through the Lightning to 30 pin adaptor to the ipad. You can watch all the standard definition tv stations available in your area..it works very well if you have good reception (strong signal) in your area.
The Lightning to 30 pin adaptor allows the video signal to go into the ipad, it will not allow video signal to go the other direction, that is to say ...no video out.
- Answered by Michael S from Belgrave
- 10 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Lightening to 30 pin adaptor - will I get TV picture signal from an IDTV tuner/receiver)
Will the adapter work with clear scan live
Clear Scan is a Belkin product which works through the FM transmitter. It works by finding a free FM station
- Asked by Steven S
- 11 23, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the adapter work with clear scan live)
Can this Lightning to 30-pin Adapter support Video output to Car Pioneer Headunit AVH-4450BT ? im having the current cable CD-IU201S from Pioneer?
No answers yet