Questions & Answers for Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
586 Questions from the Community
I had a iPhone integration system installed in my car while I had the iPhone 4. Now I have the iPhone 5. Will the adapater enable me to hear my music?
I had a iPhone integration system installed in my car while I had the iPhone 4s. Now I have the iPhone 5. Will the adapater enable me to connect my iPhone 5 to the integration system in my car and let me hear my music from my phone still?Answer
If you have a spring loaded mounting, such as a cradle, it won't work. On the other hand, if your phone sits freely on the console with a wire connecting it to the car audio system, it will work. The "30 pin to Thunderbolt" connector works fine on the iPhone 5S; the problem is keeping the 30 pin end connected to any device with spring loading that tends to push it out.
An analogy is placing batteries in a remote control (held by spring loading) versus plugging a toaster cord into a wall outlet (held by friction).
My 4S clicks snugly into place in the the custom cradle; the 5S requires a new cradle.
Does this adapter work properly with car MDI cords?
- Asked by David T from Drexel Hill
- 07 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work properly with car MDI cords?)
Does the Lighting to 30-pin adapter work with a Sanyo clock radio with docking station? (At least 2yrs old)
I'm curious as it already works with my ipod 4th gen and adapter.
- Asked by Stacey M from Adelaide
- 11 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Lighting to 30-pin adapter work with a Sanyo clock radio with docking station? (At least 2yrs old))
is it strong enough to hold an ipod
If I use this connector to connect an ipod 5th gen to my exusting dock that I use for my ipod 4th gen will it be able to support the weight of the ipod properly? :-)
- Asked by Richard C from Hobart
- 09 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (is it strong enough to hold an ipod)
I have a car stereo with 30-pin that will not charge iPhone 4 (it is the older type). Does that mean with this adapter it will not charge iPhone 5 too
No answers yet
Can I sync music from my 30 pin iPod to my ipad4 using this adapter?
- Asked by Casey H from San Antonio
- 01 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I sync music from my 30 pin iPod to my ipad4 using this adapter?)
apple universal dock
hello there! i have an iphone 4s and an apple universal dock. i am planning to buy the new ipod nano with the lightning dock. can i connect the ipod nano to my apple universal dock by using the lightning to 30-pin adapter?
- Asked by Ria F from Tarlac
- 07 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (apple universal dock)
late...but. I have a 2013 elantra, and using an iphone 5 with the 30 pin to lightning converter (on the standard issue Hyundai ipod/iphone connector) works great. It even displays track names (no artwork, but that wasnt even a consideration really (2013 elantra limited w/ tech package). Works great, lets you navigate through folders, artists, and playlists.
- Answered by Louis F from Montgomery
- 03 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the lightning-to-30-pin-adapter work in Hyundai i10 2012 Active Model?)
- Answered by Arie H from Driffeild
- 01 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the new dock adapter support video out via the extensive range of legacy Apple branded video out cables?)
Does this work with the Incase Slider case for the iPhone 5?
- Asked by Timothy D from Arlington Heights
- 11 7, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the Incase Slider case for the iPhone 5?)
will the iPhone 5 be compatible with an arcam dr dock and a zeppelin mini with this adapter?
i only just bought these products... Zeppelin mini ($400) and arcam drdock ($400)
i do not want to have to buy them again....
- Asked by Aidan C from Collinsvale
- 09 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (will the iPhone 5 be compatible with an arcam dr dock and a zeppelin mini with this adapter?)
Hi, has anyone managed to dock a nano 7th gen? lightning to 30-pin
I have a Nano 7th gen and my Pure docking unit has the 30 pin
Has anyone bought the adapter offered by apple for an extortionate £25? Did it work? if it works I'll have to buy one
I thought I would just buy a 30-pin to lightning adapter and it would work. I didn't fancy paying £25 from apple so bought a cheapo one from ebay that looked exactly the same. It didn't work so I bought another cheapo adapter but a cabled version this time also from ebay (30-pin to lightning and a 3.5mm jack), this didn't work either
I love the Nano for the car, perfect size. So I thought I'd buy an Ipod Touch for use on the docking unit but that has the same lightning connector so am not going to bother
Thanks in advance
- Asked by Paul G
- 03 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi, has anyone managed to dock a nano 7th gen? lightning to 30-pin)
will this work with the car charger that I used with my 3G IPhone
- Asked by Mona T from Massena
- 11 22, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with the car charger that I used with my 3G IPhone)