Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
271 Questions from the Community
The Lightning Digital AV Adapter works on iPad 2 or not? If not , there is any thing ( app or anthore adapter) works on iPad 2 like the AV adapter?Answer
This will not work with the iPad 2. You need the 30-pin Digital AV Adapter.
No macs have thunderbolt ports this is for the lightning port that the new iPad's iPhone and iPod have and its output not input. Hope this helps
- Answered by Ace F from Coffs Harbour
- 10 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this mean that i can hook my xbox360 hdmi to the adaptor and play on my Imac through lighting port now?)
- Answered by Joel B from San Rafael
- 01 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Play music)
is it can do iphone 5 screen mirroring.
- Asked by Sungdo C from Los Angeles
- 10 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (is it can do iphone 5 screen mirroring.)
Yes: " The Lightning Digital AV Adapter mirrors exactly what you see on iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, or iPhone 5..."
- Answered by Douglas B from Sydney
- 10 26, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is it can do iphone 5 screen mirroring.)
Can it be used as a video INPUT port on the ipad?
For example to connect a dslr camera hdmi output for seeing the photos as if the ipad was an external monitor
- Asked by Alex Z from Monfalcone Go
- 03 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used as a video INPUT port on the ipad?)
no. it's for video output only.
- Answered by Mark O from Seattle
- 03 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can it be used as a video INPUT port on the ipad?)
is it compatible with NFL mobile?
I want to mirror the games I am watching on my iPhone 6 to a bigger screen (monitor or tv). Will this work? Also, will it be blurry or is it a true clean picture?
- Asked by Jarrod M from Pleasant Lake
- 09 10, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (is it compatible with NFL mobile?)
I've tried but NFL Mobile does not let you mirror the game on a TV. I believe when I tried it last year you just get a black screen on your TV.
- Answered by Samson S from Aiea
- 12 15, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is it compatible with NFL mobile?)
will the AV adapter work on the first generation i pad
I have the original I pad and would like to hook up to my TV. will the AV adapter work ? and will it play audio as well as video
- Asked by Patricia D from Philadelphia
- 12 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (will the AV adapter work on the first generation i pad)
The Lightning AV adapter will only work with the iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPhone 5/5C/5S and the latest generation iPod devices that have the Lightning connector.
The first, second and third generation iPad have the older 30 pin connector so you need to use the 30 pin version on this store.
- Answered by John C
- 12 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will the AV adapter work on the first generation i pad)
Yes. That's exactly what I use mine for.
- Answered by Robyn O from Winnipeg
- 12 28, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it support iPad Mini)
Can I watch Hulu or netflix on iPhone 5 with Hdmi cable?
I have a new iPad and an iPhone 5. With an hdmi cable to a compatible tv, can I watch movies from Netflix or other sources, or is it only compatible with iTunes?
- Asked by Peter O from Seattle
- 03 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch Hulu or netflix on iPhone 5 with Hdmi cable?)
Yes, if you have the Lightning to HDMI adaptor
- Answered by Ethan S from West Lafayette
- 12 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch Hulu or netflix on iPhone 5 with Hdmi cable?)
Do you need to have a charger connected for the digital AV adapter to work? I can't get it to work with my iPhone6 (iOS 8.3)
I can't get my screen to show up on my TV. I tested the connection by attaching a laptop to the TV, and it works, so this appears to be a problem with either the AV adapter or the iPhone.
- Asked by David G from Vista
- 07 3, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need to have a charger connected for the digital AV adapter to work? I can't get it to work with my iPhone6 (iOS 8.3))
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- 01 19, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
Dolby Digital 5.1 passthru?
Will this adapter pass Dolby Digital to an AV Receiver for 5.1 playback?
- Asked by Matt F from San Francisco
- 11 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Dolby Digital 5.1 passthru?)
Yes, if that AV receiver can handle audio over HDMI
- Answered by Peter J
- 03 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Dolby Digital 5.1 passthru?)
The overview states that the adapter "will display in up to 720p on your HDMI-equipment". Then it goes on to say the adapter also displays in 1080p??
"Use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to mirror whatever’s on your iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation) with Lightning connector — apps, presentations, websites, slideshows, and more — on your HDMI-equipped TV, display, projector, or other compatible display in up to 720p HD. Video mirroring is supported on all compatible devices.
Watch video on the big screen in up to 1080p by connecting your device with Lightning connector to a television, projector, or other HDMI-compatible display. Video out supports up to 1080p for iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation)."Best Answer:
At the time this question was asked, the iPad or iPhone could only manage a lower resolution for mirrored displays than it could for video playback (which is hardware accelerated)
This has changed recently to claim 1080p output for mirrored displays as well (although this is probably upscaled internally from a lower resolution display mode)
Can I use this to mirror an iPad 2 to a relatively new 21 inch iMac (i.e. with a lightning connector)? If so what other hardware would be required?
No answers yet
No, this is strictly an "output" cable. Plug in this cable and you can now watch that game or movie from your Ipad of Iphone on a bigger screen.
- Answered by Michael D from Muncy
- 08 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this to tether video with my Nikon D800 to my mini Ipad 3rd generation or Iphone 6+?)
What apps are not supporting video out thru this cable?
I want to you this cable to watch video on tv from you tube, IPLA , or other apss. Please list all aps not supporting video out.
- Asked by Remigiusz G from Raleigh
- 01 29, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What apps are not supporting video out thru this cable?)