Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
283 Questions from the Community
does any one know if the Lightning Dig AV adapter, will alow images of the default map progem to display on a larger screen? has anyone tried this?Answer
Yes, Maps will display on a larger screen.
The screen in this mode is an exact duplicate of whatever is displayed on the iPad/iphone.
On an iPhone 5, which I just tested for you, the image is very slim and central when the iPhone is vertical, but when the device is horizontal it near-fills the screen.
Note that the display doesn't show the map at a different size to your device (This may sound an odd thing to suggest, but Netflix, for example, outputs video to a separate screen, with a different resolution to that shown on the iOS device- I believe this is because there is a different path through the display chips for hardware accelerated video)
sync cable for transferring data from iphone to ipad.
- Asked by Michael J. W from Charleston
- 07 4, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (sync cable for transferring data from iphone to ipad.)
No unfortunately it does not work with sky go.
- Answered by David L
- 11 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Lighting Digital AV Adapter work with the SKY GO APP on the iPhone5s?.)
HDMI Cables for iPad Minis
To connect my iPad Mini to the Television to watch downloaded movies
- Asked by Lavinia I
- 12 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (HDMI Cables for iPad Minis)
Will embedded video from an iBook play both audio/ visual with this adapter if connected to a HDMI to VGA adapter then to a projector?
- Asked by Bethanne W from Wilmington
- 01 4, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will embedded video from an iBook play both audio/ visual with this adapter if connected to a HDMI to VGA adapter then to a projector?)
Look on the back/side of your TV and see what sort of input connector you have. There is no confusing the two with each other. (See pictures these two different connectors of Apple website.) If you have both I'd go with the digital av.
- Answered by Robert P from Placitas
- 02 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how do I know if need the lightning digital av adapter or the vga adapter for my tv?)
No you cannot. The Apple TV has a micro USB connection. This cable is designed for a lightning connection to HDMI. You cannot use it in reverse to send HDMI to lightning either.
- Answered by Brian L from Ridgefield Park
- 05 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you use this to connect an apple tv to a cinema display?)
No. I bought this HDMI adapter at my local Apple store last night with the sole intent to mirror NFL Red Zone, MNF and TNF from the Verizon App to my big screen. No dice. App says it won't play video while AirPlay is enabled. Going to return the adapter tonight.
BTW, other video looks phenomenal on the big screen. Would keep adapter if it wasn't so expensive.
- Answered by Michael S from Hampton Falls
- 10 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work for the nfl mobile app from verizon so that I can watch the football games on tv?)
GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to display a meeting via my iPad at a club meeting. Will GoToMeeting work with this adapter?
GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to wirelessly display a meeting via my iPad and an Apple TV at a club meeting. I know that some apps will break AirPlay, but this cable is so expensive that I was wondering whether GoToMeeting will definitely work with this HDMI adapter?
- Asked by Jonetta M from Pembroke Pines
- 11 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to display a meeting via my iPad at a club meeting. Will GoToMeeting work with this adapter?)
No answers yet
playing iphone 5 on my vehicles navigation display
Is it possible to play video produced by an iphone 5 over my vehicles navigation system screen with only AV outlets?
- Asked by Clint C from Baton Rouge
- 06 20, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (playing iphone 5 on my vehicles navigation display)
can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?
I want to use a lightning cable adapter to connect to a 30-pin cable that would then connect to a pair of video glasses. Would this work?
- Asked by Mark P from Monessen
- 06 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?)
Does it Supports ipad mini with both video and audio
- Asked by Qaisar K from Newyork
- 06 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it Supports ipad mini with both video and audio)
If i buy this product can I stream LoveFilm onto my HD TV?
I've read that you can stream some on-demand services, but will it work with LoveFilm, and even with BBC iPlayer, 4od, 5 demand and ITV player? Thanks
- Asked by Callum B
- 04 16, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (If i buy this product can I stream LoveFilm onto my HD TV?)
Can u watch sky mobile app ( not sky go app ) with the iphone 5s lighting adapter on a hdtv?
People have said you cannot use this adapter for sky go, i just got the sky sports channels through vodafone and was wonderin if the Sky mobile app worked with this adapter? Has anyone tried it? Thanks in advance