Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB
515 Questions from the Community
Is the TC MIMO compatible?
Have new iPad Air. Have read reviews that say it would benefit from MIMO-compatible router. Don't know what that is, but is the Time Capsule one of them? :-). Thanks!
- Asked by Lawrence S from Vestal
- 11 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the TC MIMO compatible?)
Can I use time capsule for photo storage right to photos program instead of paying for icloud monthly. We have a lot of photos, don't fill computer
- Asked by Greg F from Solana Beach
- 05 29, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use time capsule for photo storage right to photos program instead of paying for icloud monthly. We have a lot of photos, don't fill computer)
No answers yet
Not tiger but yes to snow leopard.
The older devices will connect to the slow bandwidths if signal
- Answered by Daniel H from Brisbane
- 04 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with a 2007 MacBook running Tiger or Leopard?)
Can I use AirPort Time Capsule as a WiFi booster over my TM Unifi with an ASUS RT-N18U Wi-Fi router.
I am using TM Unifi with an ASUS RT-N18U Wi-Fi router. I would like to know could I use Apple AirPort Time Capsule to extend (repeater, booster) my Wi-Fi to a part of the house where the Wi-Fi signal is poor. Wile use the existing Wi-Fi network to access the internet. Hence I would like to connect the Airport Time Capsule to Asus over Wi-Fi. Or does it have to be by cable.
I am using MacBook Pro and also Windows Laptop in my home. But I will use the Airport Storage only for my mac media/photos. And use the Wi-Fi signal for both.
Please let me know the details and how to setup so I can decide should I buy the time capsule or not.
- Asked by Mohd O from Ampang
- 03 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use AirPort Time Capsule as a WiFi booster over my TM Unifi with an ASUS RT-N18U Wi-Fi router.)
My apple products (iPhone, iPad, iTouch, Mac) keep saying insufficient memory wanting me to buy more iCloud storage, will Time capsule work instead?
Backup instead of the Cloud?
- Asked by Scott K from Saint Joseph
- 02 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (My apple products (iPhone, iPad, iTouch, Mac) keep saying insufficient memory wanting me to buy more iCloud storage, will Time capsule work instead?)
No answers yet
Squeezebox Support on Airport?
Does anyone know if an Airport Time Capsule would offer Squeezebox support? I'm considering moving from an all windows environment to an iMac with an Airport time capsule. Ideally I'd like to be able to access a music library from Squeezebox on an airport even with the iMac off. I realize there is Apple TV and the like, but I've got a good investment already in squeezebox devices and controllers I'd like to continue to use. Has anyone tried this before? Sorry, not very technical here so forgive me but from browsing the logitech site it looks like Squeezebox is incapable of connecting to N networks and we would need to change modem settings to B or G. I assume that is done at the wireless router and isn't any worse that what I have now? Any downsides here? Thanks everyone!
- Asked by Darren N from Sterling
- 03 22, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Squeezebox Support on Airport?)
will my old macbook air 2010 be ok to use airport time capsule 2013
AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n specification)4; Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
- Asked by Leigh M
- 10 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (will my old macbook air 2010 be ok to use airport time capsule 2013)
does it have to be wireless ?
- Asked by Frank L from Racine
- 11 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (does it have to be wireless ?)
Setup to security recorder by swann for camera security
Does the router have upnp this makes it easier to connect to the swann camera recorder?
- Asked by Dan P from Sacramento
- 02 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Setup to security recorder by swann for camera security)
Can I back up an externally connected disk?
If I connect an external disk to the TC via USB, can I backup that external disk to the TC? Specifically, I am trying to store my iPhoto library on the external disk so that multiple computers can share that one library and then have that one library be backed up to TC. Thanks!
- Asked by Sajid A from Fulton
- 09 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up an externally connected disk?)
I believe that in the Time Machine backup options, your external drives (connected to your Mac) are by default excluded but you can go and remove the exclusion, in the same way you can add them if you do not want to backup some work directory that has a great deal of updates that would fill up your backup disk.
- Answered by Frederic L
- 10 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I back up an externally connected disk?)
I am wondering if I were to purchase the 'Airport time capsule' would it work like dropbox where I can access it from multiple devices even under data
I recently purchased a Ipad Mini 16gb Iphone 6 plus 16GB and a Macbook pro 128gb, I am wondering if I purchased a airport time capsule and connected it to the internet would I be able to access my files if I were to save them onto it from college but access them from anywhere or have I to be near my airport time capsule. Basically I am wondering is it like dropbox where I could have 4 devices connected to it security protected from anyone else while uploading all my files onto it ??
No answers yet
can the airport time capsule work with Sky fibre optic broadband in the UK and will it increase the Broadband signal compared to the Standard Sky Hub?
can airport tme capsule use lan port as input to wan port
Time Capsule input Options
- Asked by Donald P from Haledon
- 08 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport tme capsule use lan port as input to wan port)
Speed concern when connecting Airport Time Capsule to a wireless N router
I have a 2wire 5012NV (wireless N) as main router. I would like to wirelessly bridge a 2TB Airport Time Capsule (wireless AC) to it.
Can I get AC speed when running time machine backup for my rMBP (wireless AC)?
How about attaching a NAS to the Time Capsule via Ethernet? What speed can I get if I want to access the NAS wirelessly? Does the transmission pass through the wirelss N main router?
- Asked by Fay Hong L from Singapore
- 04 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Speed concern when connecting Airport Time Capsule to a wireless N router)
Yes, as long as you are using a device that supports 802.11 a/g/n/ac.
- Answered by Eric C from San Francisco
- 09 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (My comcast blast puts out download speeds of 20 to 30mbps.Will this wifi handle and support that speed)
Can I use the new Time Capsule on machines running 10.6.8?
Product Info says:
Any Wi-Fi device you have will work with AirPort Time Capsule.
But Tech Specs says this Time Capsule requires 10.7.5 and a higher Airport Utility that 10.6 supports.
- Asked by Phil C. B from Gainesville
- 06 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the new Time Capsule on machines running 10.6.8?)
Yes, but only if you also have an iOS device.
I was looking at exactly the same situation, so here's what I've learned, hope it is useful.
The Mac OS X system requirements for setting the AirPort time capsule require Lion 10.7.5 for setup and administration — however if you have an iPhone/iPad device running running iOS 5 and also have AirPort Utility 1.3 (free from the App Store) it is possible to set up and administrate the unit wholely from your iOS device.
All other features should work fine, as:
- Time Machine backups are supported from 10.5.7+
- Shared printing is supported from 10.2.7+
- Sharing a connected USB hard drive is supported as of 10.4.8
Technically, any wi-fi enabled device should be able to connect to the module once set up. — The one handicap you will face is the need to set your device up from an iPhone/iPad.
Note: I hear the user interface on the iPad app is the best, as it provides the best information about your devices.
- Answered by Peter M from Armidale
- 08 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the new Time Capsule on machines running 10.6.8?)
Can I back up my PC to Time Capsule
I am slowly converting the house to Apple. I still have my last PC as my main home computer. It has the bulk of all my files, pictures, etc. Can I back it up to Time Capsule? I eventually will break that computer down as the kids get older and everyone ends up with laptops. Thanks for the help.
- Asked by Rocky L from Katy
- 08 21, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up my PC to Time Capsule)