Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
516 Questions from the Community
Connecting the ATC to a FIOS high speed coax fiber router
What is the best method? Just using the fios router as the main and then turning off wifi, then plug in the Apple Time Capsule (ATC) into an ethernet port? What do I gain/loos, as the Fios router currently is extremely fast...What's the "best of both worlds" set-up configuration
- Asked by Steven L from Voorhees
- 08 21, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting the ATC to a FIOS high speed coax fiber router)
You are right. Just disable FIOS WIFI and connect via ethernet. This is truly 'the best of both worlds', as your FIOS fiber is very fast, but will not be wireless AC, and the Airport has AC standard, which is surely faster than the modem's built-in WIFI.
- Answered by Joey P from West Lafayette
- 11 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Connecting the ATC to a FIOS high speed coax fiber router)
Will my Mac Book Pro with Mavericks support Airport Time capsule?
- Asked by Sonia B from Melbourne
- 02 22, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my Mac Book Pro with Mavericks support Airport Time capsule?)
Yes, it's compatible. About to purchase mine now online.
- Answered by Cynthia T from El Monte
- 02 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will my Mac Book Pro with Mavericks support Airport Time capsule?)
do I need internet connection to backup my mac to airport time capsule?
- Asked by Saem C from Wellington
- 12 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (do I need internet connection to backup my mac to airport time capsule?)
Is it possible to use the Airport Time Capsule to boot my Mid 2007 Intel iMac? My internal hard drive on this device has failed.
No answers yet
Is it possible to transfer data directly from Seagate Backup Plus to AirPort Time Capsule?
I currently use Seagate Backup Plus 1TB for my MacBook Air.
But since it was originally for Windows and it is not wireless, I'm considering to purchase AirPort Time Capsule to replace it.
My iTunes library, videos, and photos are all currently stored in Seagate Backup Plus.
I was wondering if it's possible for me to transfer those data directly to AirPort Time Capsule.
My MacBook Air's hard drive is not large enough to transfer the data from Seagate external hard drive, so it has to be the direct transfer between Seagate and AirPort Time Capsule...
- Asked by Joji H from San Francisco
- 01 17, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to transfer data directly from Seagate Backup Plus to AirPort Time Capsule?)
Yes. Netgear is the only one that has an wireless ac adapter for now.
- Answered by Kiril M from Baltimore
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I buy a USB stick to make my older Macbook Pro, which has 802.11n, 802.11ac compatible?)
Can a time capsule be used as a boot drive, if the drive in the MacPro fails?
I need to know if Time Machine used in conjunction with a time capsule can be used as a boot drive if the mac pro it is being used to backup has a drive failure?
Or do I need to have a bootable backup on an external drive (besides the Time Capsule)?
- Asked by John H from Juneau
- 01 28, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a time capsule be used as a boot drive, if the drive in the MacPro fails?)
airport time capsule 3T warranty period
- Asked by James R from Cumming
- 07 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (airport time capsule 3T warranty period)
will the time capsule allow ppoe connecting
i would like to use it in place of my router to login in to my isp
- Asked by Brian S from Vernal
- 09 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (will the time capsule allow ppoe connecting)
Yes. I have my Airport Time Capsule (ATC) connected to my Time Warner provided modem via ethernet cable. Follow instructions that came with ATC. Works great. Allowed me to create and additional WI-FI network which I use exclusively for me and my ATC
- Answered by Angel G from Overland Park
- 08 5, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can the airport time capsule work simultaneously with a router from your local cable provider)
Am I able to back up entire PC running Windows Professional 7 using Acronis true image 2015 to Airport Time capsule - 2TB?.
how many devices does airport time capsule support
I am planning to buy a 2tb time capsule....We use 13 devices iMac iPhones iPads etc. can it support all our devices and can we stores all our photo and movie files and access them remotely. Can we stream movies from time capsule to tv.
- Asked by Bill O
- 06 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how many devices does airport time capsule support)
It shouldn't have a problem supporting them. The only way to access and store data is through a Mac or PC running Windows 7 or later I believe. Macs use Time Machine to automatically back up all your data to the Time Capsule. I got one for Christmas for my brother and I to use and what's also nice is you can restore your Mac to any point in time since it makes separate back ups every time it backs up. What really determines the performance of your network also depends on your internet provider and loading speed. We're running a 50mb/s connection from Time Warner Cable and all our devices work just fine. We have two wireless printers, a PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, two MacBooks, three Dell laptops, an AppleTV three iPhones, and three iPads. We don't use these devices all at once but when we all use it at once, our network works just fine. You could have the world's best router, but if you have a slow connection from a bad provider, it's still going to be slow. And as far as streaming to your AppleTV, you're all set. The Time Capsule and Airport Extreme base stations are high- end wireless routers.
- Answered by Jesse H from Clarence Center
- 07 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how many devices does airport time capsule support)
Can I hookup a 2nd USB drive to act as a 2nd backup (that would be manually controlled)?
I've had a time machine in the past (well back when it was called that) - I know how these work....but we're dealing with 3-5 macs of data (which will quickly exceed the 3tb, despite all you naysayers - unless we spend far too much time cleaning it out) - and a toddler...point being I want an additional *wireless* hard drive that has the shock proof capacity that my USB one currently has...so could I hook up an additional USB one to this & use it wirelessly (I hope this made sense...I feel like I've confused myself). Seeing as the cost to restore these starts around $800-1000....it's worth it for me.
- Asked by Ria O from Atlantic Beach
- 09 6, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hookup a 2nd USB drive to act as a 2nd backup (that would be manually controlled)?)
Will Time Capsule back up data contained on an external drive connected to a MacPro
Will a Time Capsule back up data that is contained on an external drive connected to a MacPro?
If so, is it necessary to change any default settings when setting up the Time Machine Preferences?
- Asked by Michael R from Rancho Palos Verdes
- 10 3, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Time Capsule back up data contained on an external drive connected to a MacPro)
i have a uverse router. After disabling wireless on the uverse, can I continue to use the ethernet ports on the uverse in addition to the TC ports?
The TC only has 3 ethernet ports, while I am using all 4 ports on the uverse router.Answer
Yes you can but they will be on separate subnets, meaning whatever is plugged into your Uverse router will have access your Uverse wired network (including your TC) while objects Time Capsule's WiFi will only be available on the TC's subnet. Clients of your Time Capsule will be able to access resources of your Uverse network but not the other way around.
Can I move my current Timemachine files from my full external hard drive to a new Airport Time Capsule?
The current hard drive I backup to using Timemachine is full. I would like to get a newer Airport as my current Macbook supports Wifi-ac, so I was thinking of buying an Airport Time Capsule. Is there a way to move the existing Timemachine backup files from the full hard drive to the new Airport Time Capsule? This would free up the old hard drive for other use and consolidate my backups to one place.
- Asked by Dan L from Lake Forest Park
- 12 12, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I move my current Timemachine files from my full external hard drive to a new Airport Time Capsule?)