Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
515 Questions from the Community
How long is the warranty on this product?
How long is the warranty on this product?
- Asked by Preetraj S from Prospect
- 06 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is the warranty on this product?)
As with all Apple products 1-year. You can only extend the warranty if you purchase, at the same time, a Mac with an AppleCare Protection Plan.
'The AppleCare Protection Plan provides up to three years of additional hardware service options, both parts and labour, from Apple-authorised technicians around the world.
What’s covered — Mac
Your Mac computer
Included accessories such as the power adapter
Apple memory (RAM)
AirPort Express Base Station, AirPort Extreme Base Station and Time Capsule3
Apple USB SuperDrive (for MacBook Air, MacBook Pro with Retina display, iMac and Mac mini)
Apple display purchased with your Mac'
- Answered by Andrew C
- 07 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How long is the warranty on this product?)
Android Airport time capsule compatibility
I have a macbook pro and an Android mobile devices and wanted to know if airport time capsule will work as a storage and backup solution on Android.
I know it will work as a modem for internet access but will I be able to store my data and access it from my non apple devices?
- Asked by Omar N from Dayton
- 07 25, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Android Airport time capsule compatibility)
Time Machine supports backup to more than one Time Capsule. So if the disk on one Time Capsule fails you still have the backup on another Time Capsule.
If you have access to two different physical locations and put one Time Capsule in each, in case of fire in one location that destroys both the Time Capsule there and a macbook being backuped, you still have the Time Capsule backup in the second location, even if that backup may not be up to date.
- Answered by H Hugo F
- 06 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Backing up My backups)
How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?
They force you to rent one of their routers. Would I just connect the two using an ethernet cable? Would this affect the speed of Internet I get? And would it be silly to pay for Time Capsule if I already have to pay for a router? I know you get the backup capabilities, but having 2 devices for Wi-Fi seems unnecessary. I have all Apple products.
- Asked by Casey G from Louisville
- 06 2, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?)
Unless Louisville has some strange setup, you can either rent or use your own router to connect to the Time Warner modem. You should be able to use your own modem also. There is a list of modems which are compatible with the cable company's system which is available on their website. Pretty much any router will work. Buying your own router and/or modem means there is an upfront cost vs paying a monthly rental fee. On the other hand if your rented equipment fails for whatever reason or Time Warner changes their cable box or DVR, they will replace it at no cost.
- Answered by David D from Milwaukee
- 07 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?)
Can I use this just to store photos
- Asked by Andrew W
- 01 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this just to store photos)
yes you can!
- Answered by Marc R from Orlando
- 01 26, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this just to store photos)
Does AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB back up iPhoto
I have a macbook pro which I travel with and an iMac at home. So i end up with lots of photographs on both. Would be great if they were synced. I have had lots of trouble with iCloud and iphoto on both devices but no such issues with ipad and iphone.
Hopefully AirPort Time Capsule is the answer to my problems.
- Asked by Mark R
- 07 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB back up iPhoto)
Yes, but not manually merging the contents.
Apple Time Capsule (ATC) will back up files on a MacOSX system. I point that out because it only works with files, not making choices as to their contents. If those files include a user's "Pictures" directory (or wherever the user may have reconfigured the iPhoto folder(s)) then TimeMachine as a service will back up those iPhoto files to a TimeCapsule, but it doesn't do anything different with Photos than with Movies, Word Documents, or Garageband songs.
In your example, ATC would backup separate isolated backups of both Macs; this wouldn't give you the result of a single combined library, it would only give you the really great feeling of knowing your photos are securely preserved.
I think your best solution is a 3rd-party tool called "iPhoto Library Manager" by Fat Cat Software. This is a not-free product, and not supported by Apple of course, but I've used it very successfully to split libraries, and it offers the ability to merge content as well. This would be a manual action, but it has done a very good job of maintaining meta-data for me while it does its work.
- Answered by Allan C from White Rock
- 12 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB back up iPhoto)
I have a laptop running Windows 8. It connects wirelessly so easily to Time Capsule. I can find the Time Capsule Data drive via windows explorer and drag and drop files into it wirelessly.
I use it as a back up data drive. I have not tried to do it automatically but I see no reason why it cannot if I set up Windows to do this.
- Answered by Laurie P
- 06 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (windows7 drive access?)
Without having more details from you, yes, you can connect to another router. You will need to setup the Time Capsule as a bridge instead of a router. This is done during normal setup.
- Answered by Jacob L from Ann Arbor
- 03 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i connect airport time capsule to my sky router)
can you pair 2 computers and an iphone with this?
- Asked by Nora H from San Francisco
- 10 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can you pair 2 computers and an iphone with this?)
Do you mean connect all three devices to the network? If so, yes. I have my Macbook, iPhone, Apple TV, android tablet, and another Windows PC all connected to my Capsule. All my Mac devices are all able to AirPlay to each other with no issues.
- Answered by Jared B from San Diego
- 11 10, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you pair 2 computers and an iphone with this?)
Hi, I would like to know if the new airport Time Capsule (2TB) can be used as a network/wireless repeater?
My room is a bit far from my wireless router and I don't get the best signal. I was hoping to use the time capsule as a network/wireless repeater in my room if possible.
- Asked by Rahul T from Townsville
- 06 14, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi, I would like to know if the new airport Time Capsule (2TB) can be used as a network/wireless repeater?)
Yes, when using the admin program on a Mac, you have that option to extend a wifi network.
Do I need to disable the Wi Fi signal from my existing Telstra Cable Wireless Modem to use Airport Time Capsule as my Wireless Router instead?
Set up of AirPort Time Capsule
- Asked by Dean Z from Burleigh Waters
- 11 20, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to disable the Wi Fi signal from my existing Telstra Cable Wireless Modem to use Airport Time Capsule as my Wireless Router instead?)
No answers yet
How do I restore files from my AirPort Time Capsule to my MacBook? Can I restore selective files/software?
My hard drive crashed and I purchased a new MacBook Pro. I want to restore my documents from my latestAirPort Time Capsule backup and my quicken software and files but don't know how.
- Asked by H. W. A from Fairview Park
- 04 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I restore files from my AirPort Time Capsule to my MacBook? Can I restore selective files/software?)
Hi Mr. H. W. A. , you can restore your files with Migration Assistant , to pen the Migration Assistant , go to Launchpad then Open the folder Other , then look for Migration Assistant and open it.
The Migration Assistant will start with a screen asking you how do you want to transfer your information from a Mac ,a Time Machine Backup or another disk(This is the default option)
Make sure that you are in the same network of the Time Capsule , then in the next screen select the Time Machine Backup disk(if you don't know , which one to choose , choose the disk with a green hard disk ,with a symbol of a arrow and in clock inside the arrow)
After you selected the time machie disk, the Migration Assistant will ask you to select witch backup you want to transfer, after the selection of the backup ,another screen will show up , asking to confirm what you would like to transfer from the backup
( The default option is everything, just a important thing , you can't select which documents&data ,you want to recover , but you can't do thus ,with apps and the Mac settings )
After you selected which information you want to recover ,select continue , and your Mac will ask if you want to encrypt your disk, this is important step ,because if you macbook is stolen ,nobody can access your information , ( i would recommend the encryption of your disk , the Mac may be slower ,but is better for security purpose)
After you select if you want FileVault or not , your information from the time capsule will began to restore
After this ,you can start using your Mac , with all your information previous from when the hard drive crashed
Sorry for the long Answer
- Answered by Stefano D from New York
- 05 27, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I restore files from my AirPort Time Capsule to my MacBook? Can I restore selective files/software?)
Have an IMac and Sky router for wifi. Also use iPad and iPhone. Can I use Time Capsule as external hard drive and wifi router?Answer
Yes you can Roger K. My set up is my TC connected by Ethernet cable to my HH4 and is set up as a second wireless network. My Mac backs up onto my TC without issues and the wireless network is more reliable than the HH. I also have a Airport Express on the same network as my TC as a extender.
Does the time machine needs internet to work
- Asked by Ariel B from Lake Worth
- 03 28, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the time machine needs internet to work)
can i use wan and lan in time capsule
can i have a new or extend my isp-router wireless network on my time capsule, and also access my time capsule disk via my wired network
- Asked by Efstathiou E
- 11 15, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use wan and lan in time capsule)
can i use the time capsule just for backups and not for wifi
- Asked by Dennis M from Mchenry
- 11 16, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use the time capsule just for backups and not for wifi)
Yes, you can use the time capsule just for backups and not for wifi. You will need to have a wired connection between the device you want to backup and the time capsule.
- Answered by Colin L from Toronto
- 11 28, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i use the time capsule just for backups and not for wifi)
Does time Capsule supports multiple DSL conections?
I have two internet conections, can i set both on the time capsule / airport extreme so it mixes them and distributes to the different users and machines?
- Asked by Roberto R from Estado De Mexico
- 02 18, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does time Capsule supports multiple DSL conections?)
Can I connect more than one external hard drives to my Airport Time Capsule and access the external hard drive from 2 computers simultaneously?
I have just bought a 2TB Airport Time Capsule. I connected a USB hub to it and 2 external hard drives (Lacie). Is is possible to have more than one computer using the same external hard drive at the same time? It seems to only appear in one computer, not the other one.
No answers yet