Apple & Nike Launch the Perfect Running Partner, Apple Watch Nike+
Featuring Apple Watch Series 2 & Exclusive Nike Sport Bands, This is the Easiest Way to Run
“Apple Watch is the ultimate device for a healthy life and we wanted to push it further to create the best smartwatch in the world for runners and athletes,” said Jeff Williams, Apple’s chief operating officer. “Apple Watch Nike+ takes performance tracking to a whole new level and we can’t wait to bring it to the world’s largest community of runners.”
“We know runners — and we know many are looking for a device that gives them an easy, fun way to start running,” said Trevor Edwards, president of the Nike Brand. “The market is full of complex, hard-to-read devices that focus on your data. This focuses on your life. It’s a powerful device with a simple solution — your perfect running partner.”
Apple Watch Nike+, like all Apple Watch Series 2 models, features built-in GPS to track pace, distance and route, so users can run without an iPhone. With the brightest display Apple has ever made, metrics are easy to read, no matter the sun’s glare, and if users decide to take a post-run dip in the pool, Apple Watch Nike+ is water resistant 50 meters, for swimming.
The Nike Sport band is crafted from the same strong, flexible fluoroelastomer as the original Apple Watch Sport Band, but now it’s perforated for even better ventilation and sweat management. The lightweight band is available in four vibrant, two-tone colour combinations that are unique to the collection. Apple Watch Nike+ features two exclusive watch faces inspired by Nike’s iconic style that can be easily personalised with useful apps like Activity Rings, Heart Rate, Stopwatch and Weather, helping runners stay informed at a glance.
Nike+ Run Club
Apple Watch Nike+ takes advantage of the unique capabilities of Apple Watch Series 2 and the Nike+ Run Club app to be the perfect running partner on your wrist. The app experience is seamlessly built into Apple Watch Nike+ and easily accessed right from the watch face, so users can get going with a quick tap. The Nike+ Run Club app offers daily motivation through smart run reminders, challenges from friends and even alerts informing when the weather is right to get outside. Training data, including pace, distance and heart rate are available at a glance, and through shared run summaries, the app promotes friendly competition, even allowing users to send fist bumps to each other right from the wrist.
Pricing & Availability
- Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in two different aluminium case sizes, 38 mm and 42 mm and pairs with four exclusive Nike Sport Band colour combinations including Black/Volt, Black/Cool Grey, Flat Silver/White and Flat Silver/Volt.
- Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in 38 mm at $369 and in 42mm at $399 from Apple.com, Nike.com, Apple Stores, select Nike retail stores, select Apple Authorised Resellers and select specialty stores and department stores. Pricing includes VAT.
- Apple Watch Nike+ will be available to order on Apple.com beginning Friday, September 9, with availability in late October, in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK and the US.
- Apple Watch Nike+ will be available to order on Apple.com beginning Friday, September 23, with availability in late October, in Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia.
- Apple Watch Nike+ will also be available in late October in Costa Rica, Greece, India, Israel, Macau, Mexico, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
- Nike Sport Bands are available exclusively with Apple Watch Nike+ models and not sold separately.
- Apple Watch Series 2 requires iPhone 5 or later running iOS 10 or later. watchOS 3 and iOS 10 will be available beginning Tuesday, September 13 as a free software update. Some features are not available in all regions or all languages.
- Every customer who buys Apple Watch Nike+ from Apple will be offered free Personal Setup, in-store or online,** to help set up and personalise their new Apple Watch with calendars, notifications, apps and more.
- Anyone who wants to learn more about Apple Watch Nike+ or watchOS 3 can register for the free workshops offered at every Apple Store.
**In most countries.
NIKE, Inc., based near Beaverton, Oregon, is the world's leading designer, marketer and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories for a wide variety of sports and fitness activities. Wholly owned NIKE, Inc. subsidiaries include Converse Inc., which designs, markets and distributes athletic lifestyle footwear, apparel and accessories; and Hurley International LLC, which designs, markets and distributes surf and youth lifestyle footwear, apparel and accessories. For more information, Nike’s earnings releases and other financial information are available at http://investors.nike.com. Individuals can also visit http://news.nike.com/ and follow @Nike.
Apple revolutionised personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s four software platforms — iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple’s 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it.
Jay Stephenson Clarke
+44 (0)20 8278 1440
© 2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Watch, watchOS, Siri, iPhone, Apple Watch Sport and Apple Store are trademarks of Apple. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.