Speck 13" SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook Pro with Retina Display
Speck 13" SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook Pro with Retina Display
These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Smooth matte two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?Rubber feet provide added stability and protection for your MacBook.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook in matte style.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2395
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005236
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Speck 13' SmartShell Case
I've used this case since the first day that I bought my macbook which was almost a year from now. I've had no problems with it, a I've used this case since the first day that I bought my macbook which was almost a year from now. I've had no problems with it, and I thought that everything was perfect...until about 5 days ago I decided to take off the cover to see if there was any dust. I was expecting to find dust, NOT mold! These Speck cases are not compatible with the aluminum on Mac's. There are permanent markings and scribbled looking engravings from....I don't even know what, but it was definitely not from me. I looks like some type of acid reaction? There were also white spots all over (top and bottom), from the mold. I did some research and found that another person had the same problem as I have using the Speck Case. I thought that paying the $50 and putting this case on my computer would keep it from getting permanent markings and damage, but oh boy was I wrong! Now I have markings all over, and I'm super upset. Apple should not sell a product that is not compatible with their own. I would recommend getting just a traditional bag or pouch with a zip so your Mac can breathe, instead of buying this case. It's way cheaper and safer for your laptop. Who knows, maybe I am the only one experiencing this...but I know for sure that I'm not using my Speck case again! …
- Written by Mynue H from Green Bay
838 of 892 people found this useful
I spent around $50 for this case, I thought it would be the best for my new mac. Recently I discovered MOLD on the case and my lap I spent around $50 for this case, I thought it would be the best for my new mac. Recently I discovered MOLD on the case and my laptop! Not only was there mold, but some sort of reaction has left dents in my laptop! …
- Written by sumayyah B from houston
511 of 556 people found this useful
DO NOT GET THIS CASE!!
i've had this case for about 4 years now and i go to open it and what do i find? MOLD! But not any kind or mold, BLACK MOLD!! I en i've had this case for about 4 years now and i go to open it and what do i find? MOLD! But not any kind or mold, BLACK MOLD!! I ended up having to throw away my whole computer and case because the mold started seeping through my computer and it was in my screen. my computer was all messed up... so please listen to my advice when i say.... DO NOT GET THIS KIND OF CASE!!! …
- Written by Amanda B from Hallandale Beach
493 of 534 people found this useful
The case was okay but that's all it was okay. You can get much cheaper product on the internet. It's not very durable itself and s The case was okay but that's all it was okay. You can get much cheaper product on the internet. It's not very durable itself and seem no better than cases you can get for upto $15 online.
- Written by Manish R from South Perth
Pros and Cons
It fits the Mac book pro retina display (early 2015) perfectly. Very fragile and it could easily break while putting it on. Good p It fits the Mac book pro retina display (early 2015) perfectly. Very fragile and it could easily break while putting it on. Good product but way overpriced for two pieces of thin plastic. …
- Written by Fermin G from Wanstead
Fits perfectly and very pleased with the product. I can see this protecting my MacBook and will no doubt look brand new for years Fits perfectly and very pleased with the product. I can see this protecting my MacBook and will no doubt look brand new for years to come. Thank you Speck and Apple …
- Written by Richard D from London
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can you remove the case from the laptop?
- Asked by Leonard D from Chula Vista
- Mar 15, 2015
I would like to known if the case to 13" macbook pro fit in the macbook white unibody (the end 2009).
- Asked by Laritza L from Caucaia
- Mar 5, 2015
How durable is this case?
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 7, 2013
After a few months of owning this case, and one test drop, I have come to the conclusion that this i After a few months of owning this case, and one test drop, I have come to the conclusion that this is NOT a durable case. I took it off for cleaning my mac, and guess what? The plastic buds that hold the case onto the mac snaps, and falls off. All corners! The middle of the case has a huge crack. The case makes the mac super heavy. And when I took it off, there was too much dust, literally stuck to the Mac. And also, this case makes the Mac overheat countlessly whenever I hold it on my lap. It is blisteringly hot to the touch. As soon as I took the case off, my battery performed normally, No more warnings about the battery overheating. Do NOT get this product! …
- Answered by Thomas D from Preston
- Jul 21, 2013
Does this also fit a mac book pro 13 inch retina display
- Asked by Vikram A from Dubai
- Dec 2, 2012
It wont. The retina display is much thinner than the normal MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Mireya R from Denver
- Feb 5, 2013
Assuming the inside of the case and the shell of your macbook are free of dirt when you install the Assuming the inside of the case and the shell of your macbook are free of dirt when you install the case, it will not scratch your computer. Just use the microfibre cloth that came with your macbook to wipe of the outside of your computer and the inside of the case prior to installation. …
- Answered by Logan W from Travelers Rest
- Sep 27, 2014