Philips HUE HomeKit Upgrade Bridge (for Current HUE Bridge Users)

  • Overview

    The Philips HUE Bridge provides an upgrade from your existing HUE Bridge to one that's HomeKit enabled. The bridge lets you control all of your Hue products via the Hue app using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Once you have installed the Hue bridge and downloaded the app on your iOS device, you're ready to start building your own customised lighting system.

    Highlights

    Control your Hue lights from anywhere using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

    Add up to 50 Hue lights

    Customise your Hue lighting system with Hue accessories

    Compatible with Apple HomeKit

    Did You Notice?

    If you already have a Hue lighting system, this new Bridge allows you to control your existing Hue lights with Siri.

    Apple Recommends For

    Controlling your Hue lighting system from anywhere using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

    What’s in the Box

    Philips Hue Bridge

    Power adapter

    LAN cable to connect Bridge to router

    Quick start guide

    Legal manual

    Tech Specs

    Other Features: Wireless, HomeKit Compatible

    Height: 2.6 cm/1 in.

    Length: 8.8 cm/3.5 in.

    Width: 8.8 cm/3.5 in.

    Weight: 235 g

    Manufacturer Information

    Part Number

    Mfr. Part Number: 929001180603

    UPC or EAN No.: 8718696581513

    Warranty

    Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.

  • Get help buying.
    Call 1800-692-7753
    or

    iPhone Models

    iPad Models

    Watch Models

  • 2.0 Average
    2 out of 5 stars
    Number of stars Percentage Number of reviews
    • 1.0 out of 5 stars

      Returning

      Phillips decided about a week ago to push an update that broke support for 3rd party bulbs without any warning. This was something that worked without issue bef Phillips decided about a week ago to push an update that broke support for 3rd party bulbs without any warning. This was something that worked without issue before with bulbs from Cree, GE and others. Before this "update" Siri was able to control all of my Cree bulbs just like my Hue bulbs. Phillips just pushed out anothe update this week to restore some access to 3rd party bulbs but they are still not visible to HomeKit and according to new info from Phillips, this is intentional. They say it's because the 3rd party bulbs are not HomeKit certified, but that's bologna because none of the bulbs are HomeKit certified, not even Phillips, only the hubs are. The bulbs are just Zigbee ZLL. I will be returning this hub and waiting for one that works with all ZLL certified lights. Also choosing not to reward a company that changes functionality without warning in an effort to sell more of their own "expensive razor blades."

      • Written by Thomas H from Fort Collins

      102 of 137 people found this useful

      Is this review useful?Returning

    • 1.0 out of 5 stars

      HomeKit and Hue not ready for prime time

      I eagerly bought this bridge thinking that it would be worth the $40 to be able to say things like "turn on all my lights" or "turn off office lights," but the I eagerly bought this bridge thinking that it would be worth the $40 to be able to say things like "turn on all my lights" or "turn off office lights," but the functionality isn't there. First off, whenever I say "turn on/off all my lights," Siri ALWAYS asks for a confirmation. The time it doesn't ask for a confirmation, it says, "sorry, I could not find any lights". After about ten minutes hoping that everything would just magically start working, I decided to return the bridge. In the future, maybe there'll be better support but for right now, I'd say hold off.

      • Written by Jordan L from Charlottesville

      55 of 68 people found this useful

      Is this review useful?HomeKit and Hue not ready for prime time

    • 4.0 out of 5 stars

      Worked like it should

      Not much documentation out of the box, however online message boards helped explained how to migrate from the original bridge to the new one. Migration was easy Not much documentation out of the box, however online message boards helped explained how to migrate from the original bridge to the new one. Migration was easy. The IOS application will detect the new bridge and ask you if you want to migrate. Takes a bit, but in the end everything worked without having to pair devices again. Home Kit integration was easy. Scenes can be selected by saying "Set MyScene", which seems like it might be too ambiguous when more Home Kit devices come out. I run the Elgato Eve app to setup scenes ( not Hue light recipes scenes ) and set the light names ( along with my ZWave bridge ). If you are not going to be using Home Kit, there is no real reason to buy this bridge. There are also software Home Kit bridges to talk to the old bridge, however to have a a bit sysadmin skills to set them up.

      • Written by John W from Port Washington

      38 of 42 people found this useful

      Is this review useful?Worked like it should

    • 1.0 out of 5 stars

      hard to link

      Bought the home kit hoping to connect my iPhone, my iPhone and iPad but it wont link all 3. Keep asking me to log in and link. System not ready to be in d marke Bought the home kit hoping to connect my iPhone, my iPhone and iPad but it wont link all 3. Keep asking me to log in and link. System not ready to be in d market yet. Hopefully they come out with fix soon.

      • Written by CHUONG V from San jose

      0 of 1 people found this useful

      Is this review useful?hard to link

    • 2.0 out of 5 stars

      On the verge of returning

      When it works (10% of the time) it's like the future, and I love it. The other 90% of the time I'm wasting 5 or ten minutes trying every thing I can think of, b When it works (10% of the time) it's like the future, and I love it. The other 90% of the time I'm wasting 5 or ten minutes trying every thing I can think of, but I think I have reached the point where I will begrudgingly return this. I might wait and give HUE one more update to fix this, but patience has worn thin. I give it two stars for proving the concept 1 out of ten times, and if it worked 7 out of 10, I'd give it 4 stars.

      • Written by Joshua R from Boulder

      18 of 19 people found this useful

      Is this review useful?On the verge of returning

    • 4.0 out of 5 stars

      Worked like it should

      Not much documentation out of the box, however online message boards helped explained how to migrate from the original bridge to the new one. Migration was easy Not much documentation out of the box, however online message boards helped explained how to migrate from the original bridge to the new one. Migration was easy. The IOS application will detect the new bridge and ask you if you want to migrate. Takes a bit, but in the end everything worked without having to pair devices again. Home Kit integration was easy. Scenes can be selected by saying "Set MyScene", which seems like it might be too ambiguous when more Home Kit devices come out. I run the Elgato Eve app to setup scenes ( not Hue light recipes scenes ) and set the light names ( along with my ZWave bridge ). If you are not going to be using Home Kit, there is no real reason to buy this bridge. There are also software Home Kit bridges to talk to the old bridge, however to have a a bit sysadmin skills to set them up.

      • Written by John W from Port Washington

      38 of 42 people found this useful

      Is this review useful?Worked like it should

  • Answers from the community