Moden - centurylink zyxel C1000? Does the modem need to be in bridge mode or will the airport express take care of everything during setup?
1 Answer from the Community
The existing modem settings do not need to be changed in any way by the user. Airport Express takes care of everything during setup. For me, the only issue I had was that initially I keep receiving a message that " an unexpected error occurred. Please try again". The solution was to power down the entire system, which was suggested in the written setup guide. Once the system came back up the setup was very easy and everything now works perfectly. In fact, I did network speed tests before and after and found a significant speed increase after adding Airport Express. The average download speed was 70% faster on what was already a good network. Airport Express is a very impressive little piece of equipment! It is well worth the price.
- Answered by Charlie C from Eden
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the Airport Time Capsule allow port forwarding? I currently do this with ZyXel VSG1432 from Telus.
- Asked by Tim D from Kamloops
- Sep 20, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport Time Capsule allow port forwarding? I currently do this with ZyXel VSG1432 from Telus.)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
how to bridge airport express with airport extreme
- Asked by Eric B from Seneca
- Jul 28, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (how to bridge airport express with airport extreme)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme