do you need a macbook pro to power a thunderbolt display
2 Answers from the Community
No if your mac is 2011 or later it will work because the macs 2011 and up have thunderbolt ports. If your mac is older you will need a cinema Display.
- Answered by Brian C from Huntington Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I think any Mac with a Thunderbolt port should work. My Macbook Air from 2011 works just fine.
- Answered by Matthew H from Omaha
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is the thunderbolt display port on my macbook pro an input or an output only?
- Asked by Clark N from Marina
- Oct 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the thunderbolt display port on my macbook pro an input or an output only?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
How to get my HD TV to display what's on my Macbook Pro
- Asked by Catherine H from Midland
- Nov 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How to get my HD TV to display what's on my Macbook Pro)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m