I got a raspberry Pi for christmas- If you don't know what it is it is a aRM GNU/Lunix box
Anyways I need a monitor and I have been thinking about getting a thunderbolt display for my 2011 MBP 15" and was hoping to kinda kill 2 birds with one stone here....
The Raspberry Pi connects via HDMI and I know you can get a thunderbolt to HDMI cable so would this work????
It is an expensive monitor so if it won't work I will just have to buy a samsung or similar >_<
1 Answer from the Community
NO! This won't work! Don't buy this display expecting it to work with your Raspberry Pi, or for that matter ANY OTHER DEVICE that doesn't have a native Thunderbolt port on board.
You cannot convert a video signal TO Thunderbolt.
And you cannot add Thunderbolt output to a system that doesn't have it supported on the motherboard.
Converters and adapters only go the other way TB -> HDMI / VGA / DVI etc. Thus allow connecting a TB Mac (or PC) to a non TB display.
You *might* be able to get your Raspberry Pi working with the Mini Display Port version of this display, the "Apple LED Cinema Display (27" flat panel)".
You'll need an adapter: I believe the Belkin AV360 adapter might work for you (but i've not used it personally).
- Answered by Alex K from Wells
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I just got an IPAD MINI 2 for Christmas and it came with a 10w charger can I use the 12w and which cable would I need
- Asked by Barbara D from Winter Park
- Dec 28, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I just got an IPAD MINI 2 for Christmas and it came with a 10w charger can I use the 12w and which cable would I need)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Will i run into any problems if I upgrade from Tiger to Snow Leopard if I don't buy the box set?
- Asked by Rosangela S from Methuen
- Feb 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will i run into any problems if I upgrade from Tiger to Snow Leopard if I don't buy the box set?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
What warranty comes with the case because mine has been damaged and it was bought during Christmas ?
- Asked by Panagiotis B from Montreal
- Jul 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What warranty comes with the case because mine has been damaged and it was bought during Christmas ?)
- Asked about: iPad mini Smart Case - Black