Perfect tone anywhere
The Apogee JAM digital guitar interface lets you record the rich warmth of your guitar's tone with digital purity on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac using one simple "take-anywhere" device. Whether you're on the road or in the most advanced recording studio, JAM captures your next great performance.
Made for GarageBand and Logic, but works with any app
JAM is built for GarageBand and Logic Pro—but its special circuitry is also designed to make the amps and effects in any guitar or music creation app sound their best. For the novice or the most seasoned guitar player, JAM provides inspiring tone for practicing, recording, or just jamming.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original JAM became a standard iOS mobile recording device for both aspiring and professional artists. The latest JAM delivers unsurpassed recording quality and even better tone. It's optimized for the latest iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models, allowing you to record in pristine fidelity—up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Since 1985, Apogee has continually produced award-winning technology that powers many of the world's most respected studios. Apogee products have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning performances.
- Upgraded sound quality with punchy, clean-amp tone
- Designed for electric guitar bass, and acoustic guitar works with pickup
- Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
- Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac
- Lightning, 30-pin, and Mac USB cables included
- With no confusing setup, you can start recording in minutes
- Made for GarageBand, Logic Pro, and Mac
- Compatible with all popular guitar and music recording apps on iOS and Mac
- Low-noise digital connection with studio-quality preamp
- Made in the U.S.A.
Did you notice?Jam is a true digital device featuring special circuitry designed specifically for guitar and bass. The Apogee engineers responsible for Jam's sound quality have created professional audio recording products found in recording studios around the world and heard on countless hit records.
Apple Recommends ForBeginners and seasoned players who want a high-quality guitar sound for practicing, recording, or just jamming on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Apogee Jam Digital Guitar Interface
- Lightning cable for connection to iOS devices (3.3 ft./1m)
- USB cable for connection to Mac (3.3 ft./1 m)
- Quick start guide
- Input Type: USB
- Cable Length: Lightning cable: 3.3 ft./1 m (iOS device connections); 30-pin cable: 1.6 ft./.5 m (iOS device connections); USB cable: 3.3 ft./1 m (Mac connection)
- Height: 0.9 in./2.89 cm
- Width: 1.2 in./3.05 cm
- Weight: 1.6 oz./45.4 g
- Length: 3.75 in./9.5 cm
- Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later; iOS 6.1 or later
- 1.5Ghz or faster Intel processor
- 2GB of RAM minimum; 4GB recommended
- USB 2.0 (for Mac); Lightning (for iOS devices)
- GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage, or any Core Audio compatible application
- Mfr. Part Number: JAM96K
- UPC or EAN No.: 805676301143
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks*. Record performances from third-party music and effect apps directly into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 8. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation). …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Absolutely LOVE it!
The title says it all. I love my Apogee JAM. I am also a huge proponent of Agile Partner/Peavey's AmpKit, which this works perfect The title says it all. I love my Apogee JAM. I am also a huge proponent of Agile Partner/Peavey's AmpKit, which this works perfectly with. However, if you plug it in while using AmpKit, you'll have to close and open the app. No big deal, though. Also, compared to the Amplitube iRig I used to have, the sound quality difference is phenomenally better. As far as build quality, I would have preferred a light metal to the plastic, but I enjoy it not weighing much. Overall excellent product for amp simulationon the iPhone/iPad! …
- Written by Matthew S from CHURCH HILL
290 of 325 people found this useful
Amazing writing/jamming device
Thanks to the combination of the Apogee Jam and GarageBand for iPad.
I've been writing a lot more music. It's incredible how goo Thanks to the combination of the Apogee Jam and GarageBand for iPad.
I've been writing a lot more music. It's incredible how good the guitar signal and the amps sound with this set up. Thank you Apogee and Apple. …
- Written by Sergio R from north hollywood
253 of 285 people found this useful
This useful item is great for recording on the Mac or using your iPad. Anyone who needs a quick way to get into recording or just This useful item is great for recording on the Mac or using your iPad. Anyone who needs a quick way to get into recording or just doesn't need the complications that come with a big setup this is for you! …
- Written by Matt P from Cocoa
259 of 297 people found this useful
Got this as a Christmas gift and my god...the quality of sound is incredible!! Now personally I don't really have patience when it Got this as a Christmas gift and my god...the quality of sound is incredible!! Now personally I don't really have patience when it comes to my music making ,so the fact it's essentially plug n play through my Mac and iPad, this is perfect. Throw it in my gig bag with my iPad and when something pops in the brain...BAM....recorded. Cannot say enough good things about this product. If you are a Mac user and guitarist/bassist you need this in your life. The only thing I have noticed (and I haven't looked into this yet) when I have the jam plugged in and forget to close GarageBand when I'm done, I get a signal delay. Easily solved by closing GarageBand and restarting. I also unplug all connections and reconnect them (force of habit from my job). But all in all hands down best product out there. …
- Written by Ben G from Airdrie
Apogee Jam is the best!
I've tried another rig (analog) and had problems with line noise, signal loss, and less than stellar sound quality. The Apogee Jam I've tried another rig (analog) and had problems with line noise, signal loss, and less than stellar sound quality. The Apogee Jam is phenomenal! It's easy to use, the cables are all interchangeable and work well, and it is CLEAN. The sound quality makes things sound professional. Now if I could only play that professionally... (LOL)! …
- Written by Richard H from Dallas
This product is just unreal!! All of your need to gig just in your pocket. Sound is very hot&real just like a tube amp. Noise is m This product is just unreal!! All of your need to gig just in your pocket. Sound is very hot&real just like a tube amp. Noise is minimum, nothing to worry. I'm using this with jamup xt with metal signature pack, it blows me away. If you need something like this, don't think too much.. Just buy it, you don't regret.
- Written by Mesut A from İstanbui
1 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I plug apogy jam into a guitar amp for live gigging?
- Asked by David W
- Nov 22, 2012
Yes - Absolutely. I preform on a regular basis using this as a tool. In fact I am doing it right now Yes - Absolutely. I preform on a regular basis using this as a tool. In fact I am doing it right now. You can plug your guitar into the 1/4" on the jam and then plug the 'jam' into your iPad/MacBook. Use aplitube or GarageBand etc... You then need to use a 3.5 mm audio cable that is male on both ends to connect the headphones jack on the iPad/MacBook to your amp. You will need a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter to plug the cable into you amp, just make sure you get a mono adapter - most of the ones you will find at audio stores are all stereo - your amp and most mixing boards for live shows will be mono and if you are using other apps in the background on your iPad it will only pick up one half of the stereo sound. You can 100% use this for live shows, I do it all the time. I also use MainStage, an app for my MacBoook Pro which allows even more in depth pedal settings for live concerts. I specifically bought this to do live shows - It is fantastic! I have never even tried recording with it :) …
- Answered by Matthew C from Montreal
- Apr 17, 2013
Is there a risk of damaging my built in sound card or my speakers on my macbook pro when I use this product?
- Asked by Leo S from Pooler
- Mar 4, 2013
Your sound card should be fine. As to the speakers just monitor the sound level and you should be fi Your sound card should be fine. As to the speakers just monitor the sound level and you should be fine. After a certain level of volume distortion takes place and could damage the speakers just like in the home or car. I personally prefer headphones because you can really hear what's going on...plus it takes stress off of your comp speakers.
Another thing to consider would be some external computer speakers or even some decent studio monitor speakers designed specifically for home recording. I record music into my mac and never use the built in speakers because they can't handle all of the mhz ranges. Hope this helps! …
- Answered by Angelo K from Austin
- Mar 20, 2013
Will this work with Pocket Amp for IPad?
- Asked by Charles C from Atlanta
- Aug 27, 2011
Yes, JAM works with all Core Audio compliant iOS Music Apps.
- Answered by Rob C from Los Angeles
- Nov 26, 2014
will it work with my 10.6.8 Version MacBook Air?
- Asked by Rebecca W from Fircrest
- Nov 24, 2014
Although the details on the product page note 10.7.5 and above, JAM is a Core Audio device and works Although the details on the product page note 10.7.5 and above, JAM is a Core Audio device and works perfectly fine on 10.6.8! …
- Answered by Rob C from Los Angeles
- Nov 26, 2014
will this work with my macbook pro
- Asked by Chauna B from Shawano
- Dec 3, 2011
Works beautifully with Macbook pro and Logic X, I would expect GB to be fine. Cables for USB, Light Works beautifully with Macbook pro and Logic X, I would expect GB to be fine. Cables for USB, Lightening and even 3GS are included. …
- Answered by David M from Kirkland
- Apr 5, 2014