Accelerate your backup with USB 3.0
The LaCie P'9223 hard drive's USB 3.0 interface lets you transfer files faster than ever before. With speeds up to 5 Gbit/s you can rapidly back up your photos, exchange audio and video files with your friends, or make sure that your important files are kept safe.
Designed for your Mac
Created especially for Mac computers, the P'9223 features a stylish, sophisticated aluminum finish that matches your new MacBook. It's also Time Machine compatible for seamless backups using built-in Mac software.
Porsche Design form, LaCie function
With the P'9223, Porsche Design and LaCie have produced an exclusive and timeless shape. There's 3mm of solid aluminum casing surrounding the disk inside—for truly solid data protection. Use it anywhere with confidence that you're getting peak performance.
- Designed for your Mac
- Time Machine compatible
- USB 3.0 connectivity for significantly faster file transfers or backups
- LaCie Private/Public protects against loss, theft or unauthorized access
- Simple, user-friendly data backup with Backup Assistant
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
Did you notice?Solid aluminum casing surrounds the disk to keep your data safe.
Apple Recommends ForSophisticated portable storage specially designed to match your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Porsche Design P’9223 mobile drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick install guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Eco Mode, Wuala
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 0.6 in./1.5 cm
- Width: 3 in./7.7 cm
- Weight: 8.47 oz./240 g
- Length: 5.1 in./13 cm
- OS X 10.5 or later
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000293
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053003265
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
Couldn't be happier..
I needed storage for my media and iTunes library, and this drive fitted the bill. It's large and fast, but most importantly for me I needed storage for my media and iTunes library, and this drive fitted the bill. It's large and fast, but most importantly for me it looks great. I'm a real fan of brushed aluminium look. It's also quiet, doesn't buzz or make annoying sounds and it doesn't overheat even after several hours of continuous work. …
- Written by Gary G
325 of 344 people found this useful
I purchased mine about a year or so ago and it worked fine in the beginning but now my Macbook Pro does not read the drive when I I purchased mine about a year or so ago and it worked fine in the beginning but now my Macbook Pro does not read the drive when I plug it into the USB port. The drive is whirling away as though it was working but nothing! Have to purchase a new drive to perform backups on and not really happy. …
- Written by Vivek S from Lansing
336 of 408 people found this useful
Really nice clean look matches any macbook beautifully. Functions as it should transfer rate is very high. I would highly recommen Really nice clean look matches any macbook beautifully. Functions as it should transfer rate is very high. I would highly recommend this product …
- Written by Julian P from Vancouver
211 of 237 people found this useful
Purchased the 3TB version and it works well with the late 2013 iMac 27 inch running latest Yosemite OS (10.10.3). Styling fits wi Purchased the 3TB version and it works well with the late 2013 iMac 27 inch running latest Yosemite OS (10.10.3). Styling fits with the all aluminium finish. Quiet and super fast usb 3 performance. Partitioned 1TB for Time Machine and silently works away in the background with no issues. Top piece of kit for price. …
- Written by Ker W from Edinburgh
Failed When I Needed It
I am not good with constantly backing up my computer, so when I lost my internal hard drive I figured I could plug in this drive, I am not good with constantly backing up my computer, so when I lost my internal hard drive I figured I could plug in this drive, and use the most recent backup, only to find the drive didn't work. I've plugged it into 6 different computers, both PC and Mac, and the drive never shows up, meaning its dead. I would not recommend this product, I only used it a handful of times, it failed completely when I needed it, and of course its barely out of the warranty, so now I'm back to buy a different hard drive. Definitely not anything by LaCie though. …
- Written by Cole M from Wheat Ridge
1 of 1 people found this useful
Not reliable. Poor support
After almost a year I no longer was able to mount my 1TB Porsche external drive. After seeking help from Apple, LaCie, and online After almost a year I no longer was able to mount my 1TB Porsche external drive. After seeking help from Apple, LaCie, and online forums I was not able to fix whatever the problem was and lost all my data. The same thing happened with the 4TB Porsche external drive approximately 8 months after I purchased it. I lost months worth of work organizing my media library and adding all the metadata. This is the last LaCie product I am going to purchase. …
- Written by Dan R from Airdrie
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by John J from Crowley
- Jul 17, 2015
No answers yet
how do I install my porsche external hard drive and make time machine recognize it?
- Asked by Bruce F from Newbury Park
- Jun 28, 2015
Is it quiet? Silent?
- Asked by Iain H
- Mar 19, 2015
I have the 500GB model and I have not heard it, thus I assume it's silent. The caveat: according to I have the 500GB model and I have not heard it, thus I assume it's silent. The caveat: according to my wife, I don't hear her so well (lol). If there is any sound, it's got to be minimal. I have never appreciated that it was performing back-ups other than by seeing the white light flickering. …
- Answered by Carl I from Pebble Beach
- Mar 29, 2015
can i daisy chain the drive
- Asked by Jim F
- Feb 13, 2015
No. USB drives cannot be daisy chained.
Instead, you use the other USB ports or a USB hub to add No. USB drives cannot be daisy chained.
Instead, you use the other USB ports or a USB hub to add additional devices. …
- Answered by Mike M from Beaverton
- Feb 15, 2015
How can I tell if my Porsche LaCie hard drive is working?
- Asked by Gerald G from New York
- Jan 18, 2015
There is a white indicator light on the front of the hard drive. It lights up when it's powered and There is a white indicator light on the front of the hard drive. It lights up when it's powered and connected to a device, and flashes when data is being accessed/written to the HD. …
- Answered by Joe B from Troy
- Jan 25, 2015
what is the speed of the disk in rpm ? or is it SSD?
- Asked by Thomas P from Nyc
- Dec 30, 2014
Took some searching but looks like it's 5400 rpm which makes sense in terms of price-point.
- Answered by Hakim S from San Franciscoi
- Jan 16, 2015