The Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 5 is a handsome hybrid case that provides one place for your iPhone and the contents of your wallet. This pocket-size book also protects your iPhone in two ways. Hard-back book covers shield against bumps and bruises, while the unique visual design disguises your wallet and phone.
Slip your driver's license, bank cards, and a little cash into the right side of BookBook, then snap your iPhone 5 into the leather wrapped frame on the opposite side and the story is complete. Grab your keys, BookBook, and head out the door.
Get the most out of iPhone 5
Tailored exclusively for your iPhone 5, Book Book has a built-in camera hole that lets you easily snap photos with the iSight camera or shoot stunning HD videos. BookBook's snap-in frame allows edge-to-edge access to all four inches of the Retina display. You also have easy access to all buttons and ports.
- Pocket-size book marries a wallet and case for iPhone
- Genuine leather case is tailored to fit iPhone 5
- Built-in camera hole for taking photos and video
- Snap in frame allows edge-to-edge access to Retina display
- ID window with convenient thumb slide
- Three credit/debit card slots, an ID slot, and one for cash/receipts
- Hand-distressed so no two are exactly alike
Did you notice?Hand distressing gives each BookBook case for iPhone a finish unlike any other.
Apple Recommends ForCarry everything in one place—and protect it—thanks to this combined wallet and case for iPhone 5.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5
- Form Factor: Wallet
- Material: Leather
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1232
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002672
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Good product: well thought out
First day of having this wallet/case, I had a few gripes:
-The wallet would not close all the way unless I put the phone face up First day of having this wallet/case, I had a few gripes:
-The wallet would not close all the way unless I put the phone face up and the weight closes it. It really bothered me.
-Very uncomfortable talking on the phone. Wasn't sure how anyone could hold the phone.
-No place for cash. It's too big and won't let it close on me.
Having the case for a month, I can say I like it!
-The wallet fully closes now whichever side I put it on.
-I learned that I needed to fold back the case with the credit cards and such sticking out. The case gave grip to the phone and now I feel uncomfortable without it.
-Still no place for cash, but I feel like it grew on me. I carry 3 credit cards, my license, and a couple receipts and it's more than enough.
Overall, I would recommend the case, but it does take getting a little use to. I'm the type of person that always forgets either his wallet or phone, and having two in one makes forgetting both much harder. It is a little thicker in my pocket, but I've gotten use to it, and I don't need to worry about having my keys in the same pocket as my phone anymore!
A++ would recommend! …
- Written by ANTOINE P from Irvine
291 of 331 people found this useful
Review for all the Canucks out there
Just received the Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5, literally. I have had it for less then a day and here are my first tho Just received the Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5, literally. I have had it for less then a day and here are my first thoughts:
- The spine measures about 2cm wide, and the front/back measures 13cm x 7cm.
- As stated it has spots for 3 cards and your ID (or another card I suppose)
- Initial quality appears excellent, the comments about being able to smell the leather are true
- Yes, you can use both cameras with the case
- I have a black iPhone 5 with the brown case and it looks great, I have seen the black on black as well and it looks very sharp as well. Have not seen a white phone in this case.
- Yes you have access to all buttons / ports on the phone
- I like the idea of having my wallet and phone all-in-one
The "On the fence"
- I am still trying to get used to the size, it is bigger then the wallet I used to carry and is much bigger then just having a phone in your pocket. I wouldn't say you would carry this around in your front pocket of your jeans. (Wondering if overtime it will get worn in and be a little more compact).
- Holding cash, when you have say 10 bills, seems to be a bit of an issue, there is a place for cash behind the cards, but CDN money (different size then US) when folded in half still sticks out the edge and over part of the spine, and with 10 bills folded that way the case does not close well. If you are someone that rarely carries cash (or very little), then this is not an issue. I am still trying to figure out a good way to store more then 4 or 5 bills in it.
Like I said, this is just my initial thoughts, I will update in a month or so. …
- Written by Michael R from Regina
236 of 277 people found this useful
Twelve South does it again
I love this latest BookBook. The snap in case is an improvement over the old slide in type of the 4s version. I also like the came I love this latest BookBook. The snap in case is an improvement over the old slide in type of the 4s version. I also like the camera hole and the fact i can hold more cards is a plus. You can't go wrong if you get this. It eliminates the need for a phone case and a wallet. I have one on my MacBook air and my New iPad, awesome!!!!!! I get a lot of complements when people notice it. …
- Written by Jack H from ROSEVILLE
186 of 210 people found this useful
Beauty and function
Love this new case for my iPhone 6plus. I had something similar for my iPhone 4S but this is much nicer. The phone is secure to Love this new case for my iPhone 6plus. I had something similar for my iPhone 4S but this is much nicer. The phone is secure to the leather cover but is easy to remove when needed. Some sort of method of holding it closed would be nice. Due to my previous experience with wallets, I placed an elastic ribbon around the wallet side of the case (vertically) and sewed it in place at the bottom. It looks like a ribbon bookmark but holds my cards in place. I just slip the elastic off the top of wallet side to remove whichever card I need. I also like the that the card slots actually fit my driver's license.
All in all I'm very please with this purchase and am sure that it will outlast my iPhone! …
- Written by Brenda L from COBBLE HILL
great customere service and product
All I can say is WOW. I dropped my Iphone 6 plus and it was in the brown book book. It landed on the corner. No damage to the my n All I can say is WOW. I dropped my Iphone 6 plus and it was in the brown book book. It landed on the corner. No damage to the my new (1 month) phone. but the inner plastic case of the book book broke off. great! Now I need to buy a new case. Hopefully they will sell me the inner plastic case; these were my thoughts. NO they did not sell me the inner case, but they did send me a new one for FREE in the mail within 3 days. WOW. Not only is the feature a great feature but make the case repairable. their customer service is fantastic. This is my second one. the first was a for a Iphone 5.
I find the case perfect: will it ever replace my wallet, no. But for those times when I do not want to carry, or cant, my wallet, it is perfect. like biking or going to the gym. I can carry my dl, cash, membership card and all the music I will need in one easy place. IMHO it is the best looking case. …
- Written by Larry D from Freeland
Great concept but poor utility.
I have had my case for two year and durability is excellent. I love the idea of it but find its utility wanting. You need to be a I have had my case for two year and durability is excellent. I love the idea of it but find its utility wanting. You need to be a true minimalist to get by with drivers licence and two card slot and a $20, Lets not forget the swipe cards, health card, Auto Insurance, ownership and registration. Maybe someday these will be on your phone. In the meantime: overloaded wallet. It's awkward to text and talk with one hand. Case gets in the way. I try it for a while then switch back to seperateminimalist wallet and minimalist iPhone case.
Best, Don …
- Written by Don C from Kanata
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this work with iphone 5c
- Asked by Ronald Y from Saint Louis
- Oct 11, 2013
No. This BookBook for iPhone is for the 5 and 5s only.
- Answered by Andrew G from Mount Pleasant
- Oct 15, 2013
will the Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 be available in apple store (Toronto, Canada) any time soon? I've been waiting for a while now :(
- Asked by Reshma M from Toronto
- Feb 3, 2015
I use an OtterBox case (commuter series) with my iPhone 5 — will I be able to use it with the BookBook?
- Asked by Chris C from Fairfax
- Apr 11, 2014
I doubt it. Remembering the Otterbox case, it makes the phone itself larger. I used my 5s with the c I doubt it. Remembering the Otterbox case, it makes the phone itself larger. I used my 5s with the cookbook case here. It actually IS a case, you see. …
- Answered by Marian M from Cape Coral
- Jun 6, 2014
do the Twelve South BookBook case work for the Iphone 5c?
- Asked by Rickey R from Des Moines
- Mar 27, 2014
Twelvesouth does have a case that is compatible with the 5c, but it is not this bookbook case. This Twelvesouth does have a case that is compatible with the 5c, but it is not this bookbook case. This one is specifically designed to fit the 5/5s …
- Answered by Jay H from Windsor
- Jul 2, 2014
does this case fit the 5S with the mophie juice pack on the phone?
- Asked by Donna G from New York
- Jan 4, 2014
- Answered by Christopher D
- Jun 29, 2014