iRig BlueBoard is the first wireless MIDI pedalboard for iOS and Mac that gives you control of your music apps and more from the floor. It connects to your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Mac* via Bluetooth, and when you press its foot switches, it sends out control signals that are converted to MIDI by the iRig BlueBoard app. Using Bluetooth LE, iRig Blueboard can connect from up to 30 feet away, and lasts for hours on just four AAA batteries.
Now control parameters of your MIDI-compatible apps like AmpliTube wirelessly from the floor. Switch between presets, change patches, turn effects on and off, and control effects like volume wah pedals all from the stage floor without worrying about tripping over wires. Setup is as simple as turning the iRig BlueBoard on and telling it what you want to control.
iRig BlueBoard features four backlit soft-touch pads housed in a sturdy, stage-worthy chassis Each pad has an additional LED that lights when the pad is active, letting you know exactly which control is on. And since it’s backlit, you can easily see it on a dark stage or performance venue for quick and accurate access. You also get two TRS expansion jacks for connecting additional MIDI controllers like expression pedals.
- Bluetooth MIDI pedalboard (32-foot range)
- Four back-lit assignable foot switches
- Two 1/4-inch inputs for expression pedals or switches (not included)
- Can send Bank Change, MIDI Program Change, and MIDI control change messages
- BlueBoard app runs in the background on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac to translate Bluetooth into standard CORE MIDI
- Runs on four AAA batteries (included)
- Compatible with hundreds of CORE MIDI-compliant apps
Did you notice?Also makes a great wireless page turner when you use it with MIDI-compatible sheet music apps.
Apple Recommends ForWorks with your Mac or iOS device to give you hands-free control of your favorite music apps in live performance.
What's in the Box?
- iRig BlueBoard Wireless MIDI Foot Controller
- Input Type: MIDI
- Height: 1 in./2.54 cm
- Width: 10.8 in./27.43 cm
- Weight: 8 oz./226.8 g
- Length: 3.6 in./9.14 cm
- Mac OS X v10.7 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: IP-IRIG-BBRD-APL
- UPC or EAN No.: 8025813457034
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year parts, 90 days labor
- *Requires support for Bluetooth 4.0/Bluetooth Low Energy. iOS devices require iOS 6.1 or later.
THE IRIG BLUEBOARD APP FOR IPHONE, IPAD, AND IPOD TOUCH, WORKS IN TANDEM WITH IK’S NEW IRIG BLUEBOARD, THE FIRST WIRELESS MIDI PEDALBOARD FOR IOS AND MAC, CONTROLLING THE SETUP AND CONFIGURATION OF THE HARDWARE UNIT.
The iRig BlueBoard pedalboard features 4 backlit footswitches that let you change banks and presets, and control parameters in any Core MIDI-compatible app (like AmpliTube or SampleTank) from up to 10 meters away. It’s also equipped with 2 expression pedal inputs that let you connect pedals (not included) and control continuously variable parameters like wah and volume.
This app allows the communication between the iRig BlueBoard controller and any Core MIDI apps running on your iOS device. Also, iRig BlueBoard app lets you setup the hardware unit, and configure its 32 banks of settings for iRig BlueBoard’s 4 footswitches. Setup the MIDI parameters you want to control, switch between the PROGRAM CHANGE and CONTROL CHANGE operating modes, set the MIDI channel iRig BlueBoard will transmit on, browse and rename banks, browse patches in Core MIDI apps, and much more.
iRig BlueBoard features:
- Compatibility with any Core MIDI compatible app
- Dual Mode operation (Program Change or Control Change mode)
- Editable MIDI assignments for each pad
- Selectable MIDI Channel
- External Controllers Calibration
- Pads Backlight regulation
- Battery life indicator
- Bluetooth signal strength indicator
More apps information:
Ratings & Reviews
Doesn't work with a new MacBook Pro.
I've tried everything suggested on the IK website, read strings of complaints about customers that are having the same problem. I' I've tried everything suggested on the IK website, read strings of complaints about customers that are having the same problem. I'm told to download the app for the BlueBoard from the app store. There is no app for the Mac. This device simply does not show up as an available bluetooth device without that app. No support information on Apple's website either, although they sell it here. Very frustrating. …
- Written by Doug W from ANAHEIM HILLS
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does iRig Blueboard work with Propellerhead Figure for iPhone? Figure is WIST (Wireless Sync-start Technology) compliant.
- Asked by Daniel T from Petersburg
- Jul 3, 2015
Does the iRig Blueboard work with OnSong? Does it work in iTunes?
- Asked by Chad K from Edmond
- Jun 30, 2015
Does the iRig Blueboard work with Logic Pro X and Amplitube 3?
- Asked by Ben V from Singleton
- Jul 1, 2014
IK Multimedia released an update on 12/24/2014 that fixed this issue so it is now compatible.
- Answered by Peter T from Pittsburgh
- Jan 29, 2015