Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone
Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone
The Ultimate Ears BOOM speaker lets you share the music on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch wirelessly with everyone. It's a party waiting to happen—with a convenient water bottle shape that fits comfortably in your hand, in a cup holder, or hung from just about anything. You can also pair it with eight different Bluetooth-enabled iOS devices, two of which can be active simultaneously. With re-streaming, you can even pair two UE BOOM speakers together to double the volume or get true stereo separation. No matter how you use it, UE BOOM provides impressively big sound for its compact size—sound that's rich and full across the entire audio spectrum.
- 360-degree speaker drops bold, immersive sound in every direction
- Wirelessly switch songs, adjust volume, and take phone calls from up to 50 feet away from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Versatile, go anywhere shape that easily fits in your hand or a cup holder
- Colorful acoustic skin with plasma coating for water and stain resistance
- Up to 15-hours of rechargeable battery life that gives you non-stop music
- Wirelessly connect two UE BOOMs together in stereo via the UE BOOM app to spread the sound and increase the volume
- Wake up with UE BOOM and music from your iTunes library, iTunes Radio, and more via the UE BOOM app's alarm feature
Did you notice?With re-streaming, you can pair two UE BOOMs together to double the volume or get left and right stereo.
Apple Recommends ForWirelessly share the music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod anywhere you go.
What's in the Box?
- Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker
- Quick start guide
- Micro USB cable
- Power adapter
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: Multipoint Support
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Drivers: Two 1.5-inch full-range drivers; two 2-inch passive radiators
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 7.09 in./18 cm
- Width: 2.72 in./6.91 cm (Diameter)
- Weight: 1.19 lb./0.54 kg
- Mfr. Part Number: 980-000686
- UPC or EAN No.: 097855092809
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited hardware warranty
You'd never walk all the way to your TV to turn it on and you shouldn't have to with your wireless speaker either. Use the UE BOOM app to control the party from afar and to unlock an expanding set of cool additional features like our musical alarm and fully customizable 5-band EQ. UE BOOM app features include:
- Double Up – Wirelessly Double Up with a second UE BOOM or UE MEGABOOM and take your party to 11. Use the app to control the balance and to choose between Stereo or Double sound.
- Remote Control – Use the app as a remote control to power your UE BOOM on/off from afar.
- Alarm - Start last night's party all over again–every morning. UE BOOM wakes you up with your favorite songs, Spotify playlists, Pandora stations and more. Because the party never actually stops–you just pass out.
- Customizable 5-band EQ - Use the fully customizable five-band equalizer to custom-tune the sound so it's just right for you. Need a little more bass? Done. More highs and mids? No problem. You set it how you like it.
- Wireless Speaker Updates – Wirelessly update the software on your UE BOOM to get all the latest ear-blowing features.
- Settings – Personalize your UE BOOM’s name, language and more all through the app.
- Learn – Use the UE BOOM How To guide to learn all about what your UE BOOM can do. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 3
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
iPod touch 5th Generation 16GB
Ratings & Reviews
Good sound, great design.
I purchased the UE Boom speaker the other day and I must say it has surprised me. It has really good sound, not amazing, but lets I purchased the UE Boom speaker the other day and I must say it has surprised me. It has really good sound, not amazing, but lets remember it's a small portable device so we can't expect home theater sound (of course). For the size though, it is really good. A little muffled in mid-bass range and the bass falls short. However the UE Boom gets very loud, and when it does the sound is still mostly clear! It is easily filling my place with sound at below half total volume though I do wish the volume adjustment had options between levels. The physical design is wonderful. An abrasion resistant fabric surrounds the unit and feels pretty good. The other surfaces have a nice rubberized surface. Buttons are easy to see and use. The free software makes setup a snap and the long battery life is wonderful. I can't wait to get a second unit to pair with for a fuller stereo sound. I will recommend this to everyone! …
- Written by Chris R from Scappoose
93 of 105 people found this useful
you should listen to this before buying something else
I tend to buy gadgets on a whim and often just to try them out and then not really use them. The UE Boom is really impressive as f I tend to buy gadgets on a whim and often just to try them out and then not really use them. The UE Boom is really impressive as far as I am concerned. The cost / benefit ratio is immense as the portability and utility as well as sound quality and battery life are really surprisingly good. The advertised 15 hour battery life is not an over estimate. I am even considering a second one to allow me to "double up" which allows you to connect to two simultaneously from your blue tooth device and expand the stereo "foot print". …
- Written by GREGORY M from Savage
31 of 37 people found this useful
So easy to use and switch between devices. Excellent quality, even when i compared to the same priced Bose soundlink.
- Written by Pulin B from Grand Prairie
14 of 16 people found this useful
Small but pack a big punch
I looked at the picture and expected them to be big. I opened the packaging and found they were as tall as my iPhone 6+. I had my I looked at the picture and expected them to be big. I opened the packaging and found they were as tall as my iPhone 6+. I had my doubts but as soon as I connected them I was surprised by how loud they sounded. I bought two and use the double up feature. Its awesome! I can have my music at a party with these tiny speakers! …
- Written by Yancy B from Elk Grove
1 of 1 people found this useful
Musicians: Say Yes
I am a professional music educator and live with a professional musician. We both agree that this is a seriously great quality spe I am a professional music educator and live with a professional musician. We both agree that this is a seriously great quality speaker that is durable, portable and life-proof without sacrificing a darn thing. The sound has depth, clear quality and balanced all around - who needs EQ settings?
100% worth the price. No doubt. …
- Written by Maegan M from Weaverville
4 of 4 people found this useful
I bought one of these little guys on a whim and was very impressed. When I read that you could sync two and get true stereo I did' I bought one of these little guys on a whim and was very impressed. When I read that you could sync two and get true stereo I did'nt even hesitate on buying a second one. No regrets. They sound great, look great, are easy to setup and battery life for me has gone waaaay beyond 15 hours. If they developed a way to sync more of them and reproduce 5.1 surround i'd buy three more right now! (hint, hint!!!) …
- Written by Travis W from FAIRBANKS
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the speaker come with a travel case.
- Asked by Leonard C from Orlando
- May 6, 2015
How do I play music from my iPod Classic using audio cable?
- Asked by Qing D from Morristown
- Mar 6, 2015
You need a male-to-male 3.5mm audio cable. Plug that into your iPod's headphone port and plug the o You need a male-to-male 3.5mm audio cable. Plug that into your iPod's headphone port and plug the other end of the cable into the bottom of the UE Boom. There are two ports on the bottom of the UE Boom, one is the micro USB used for charging and the other is a round 3.5mm input, plug the cable into that. Turn the speaker on and you're good to go. Just keep in mind that you need to turn the volume all the way up on your iPod classic and then adjust the volume of the speaker using the + and - icons on the UE Boom itself. …
- Answered by Paul R from Newport
- Mar 11, 2015
Can you connect 3 or 4 speakers together. Currently I have 2 connected.
- Asked by Don J from New York
- Feb 15, 2015
Only 2 at a time.
- Answered by Julian W from Chicago
- Feb 23, 2015
can it go underwater? like full soaked ?
- Asked by Jeremy S
- Jan 13, 2014
No. Boom should not be fully immersed in water or any other liquid.
- Answered by Robert K
- Jan 17, 2014