PalmGuard is a tough, thin-film solution that helps prevent the wear and tear of daily use from diminishing the beauty of your 13-inch MacBook Pro.
It's a perfect match
Carefully colour-matched and machined to precisely cover the entire palm rest area, PalmGuard provides quality protection while remaining unobtrusive.
- Guards the palm rest from grease, dust and stains
- Color-matched and form-fitted to MacBook
- Resistant to scratches
- Protects against splashes
- Easy to install
- No residue when removed
- Not compatible with MacBook Pro models with Retina display
Did you notice?The form-fitting semi-rigid film helps prevent scratches and safeguard from spills.
Apple Recommends ForDemanding users who want to preserve the look of their MacBook Pro.
What's in the Box?
- Moshi PalmGuard palm rest protector
- Moshi Trackpad film
- Mfr. Part Number: 99M0012205
- UPC or EAN No.: 4712052310841
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit http://www.moshistore.com/index.php/warranty.)
- This product is not compatible with the MacBook Pro with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
After seeing the rave reviews here, I expected a lot from this product.
The main palm rest is great...not exactly the best fit, After seeing the rave reviews here, I expected a lot from this product.
The main palm rest is great...not exactly the best fit, but it still appears to be worth the price. My last laptop had a big spot worn in right there, so I welcome anything that will prevent that.
The part that goes on the trackpad - junk. Instead of feeling smooth like the trackpad, it's rough and gritty feeling...meaning I'm sure it'll get nasty looking with my finger dragging over it for 5-6 hours every day. On top of the gritty feel, it hinders the trackpad's sensitivity just a bit. Now when I tap to click, it rarely works on the first try. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but it looks horrid anyway, so I'll probably end up scrapping the trackpad piece.
That brings me to my only other complaint. The pieces aren't an exact fit, so you have try and center the pieces so that the gap is even on each side...otherwise your MacBook will have uneven gaps between touchpad and body....looking like a car that's been wrecked and the door doesn't line up evenly with the body.
Bottom line...it's an OK product and probably worth protecting the palm area from scratches. But five star reviews people? Really? …
- Written by Anthony C from Kansas City
143 of 160 people found this useful
Love the product!
I had the Moshi PalmGuard on my previous white MacBook for over a year and a half and I loved it. It kept the palm area clean and I had the Moshi PalmGuard on my previous white MacBook for over a year and a half and I loved it. It kept the palm area clean and unscratched and was extremely easy to install. The material didn't wear in the entire time I used it. I was a bit skeptical about the PalmGuard for the new unibody MacBook because I figured it would be difficult to color-match the material to the aluminum. I decided to give it a shot since I liked the white one so much. So far its been great! It protects the palm area and track pad just like the older version that I had, and despite my skepticism is matches the color perfectly! I highly recommend this product for anyone who is looking to protect their MacBook!
- Written by joseph L from succasunna
106 of 114 people found this useful
It was scary installing this palm guard because once it sticks...it sticks! Yet it fits perfectly, the silver color matches precis It was scary installing this palm guard because once it sticks...it sticks! Yet it fits perfectly, the silver color matches precisely and it does a great job of protecting one of the most vulnerable areas of my MacBook Pro …
- Written by Kala'i A from Kailua
63 of 71 people found this useful
This is the most useful accessory I have had for my MacBooks. I bought it about 4.5 years ago for my first MacBook after noticing This is the most useful accessory I have had for my MacBooks. I bought it about 4.5 years ago for my first MacBook after noticing the wear on a friends that wasn't more than a year old, and I love it. It went on easily, was a great match of colour and just had an overall feel of quality, all while remaining fairly inexpensive. What I also found incredible was when i got a new MacBook after about 2 years, I was able to peel it off and easily reapply it to my new one with no issues, it re-stuck perfectly, and still no air bubbles to this day, with relatively minimal wear, likely a lot less than would exist on the actual trackpad without it. Contrary to what others have said, I have never even one time experienced any reduction in trackpad sensitivity on either MacBook I have used it on, the trackpad has always remained perfectly responsive, including all tap functions and multi gesture functions. …
- Written by Randy G from Kelowna
This is basically a sticker that sticks onto your laptop keyboard base. Many issues:
1) Other reviewers are correct, this is no This is basically a sticker that sticks onto your laptop keyboard base. Many issues:
1) Other reviewers are correct, this is not an exact "color match"
2) Sticker does NOT fit, I had to cut it down to fit my 13", and it looks shoddy and cheap now
3) The "sticker" meant to go on the trackpad is a joke. It does not stay stuck, and it is not sized properly for my track pad. Further, you can not use the trackpad with the sticker on, the on-screen cursor "gets sticky" and does not move the on screen cursor! Basically, this protective sticker prevents you from using your trackpad without having a headache.
4) I don't know why these products are sold, tailored to Apple products, when they don't even fit. Feels bait-and-switch-y. …
- Written by Samantha W from Norman
0 of 1 people found this useful
Bought the newest Macbook Pro 13" and doesn't fit
Seems like this fits perfect on older Macbook Pros; however, I literally just purcahses the newest 13" and it's cut too large so i Seems like this fits perfect on older Macbook Pros; however, I literally just purcahses the newest 13" and it's cut too large so it hangs off by a quarter inch on each side. Don't buy it for new Macbooks. …
- Written by Michael W from Downingtown
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
what the difference between Apple A1286 and A1297 ??
- Asked by Kamel M from Edmond
- Apr 1, 2015
does the palmGuard work on my Macbook Pro Retina Display of 13 Inch?
- Asked by Tzehoe T
- Jun 3, 2014
No, this Moshi model won't fit, you need the moshi 13" PalmGuard for MacBook Pro Retina.
I just No, this Moshi model won't fit, you need the moshi 13" PalmGuard for MacBook Pro Retina.
I just bought this model from the apple store, and to my dismay, it was wider then my 13" macbook pro retina =(.. …
- Answered by Gary T from Don Mills
- Mar 25, 2015
my macbook pro model A1286, so is it fit?
- Asked by Waliur M
- Jan 10, 2014
No. A1286 has an internal battery
- Answered by Luis I
- May 13, 2014
Just wanting to ask, has anyone used the moshi palmguard in conjunction with the Incase Hardshell case? Does it work? Please let me know. Thanks!
- Asked by Anthony S from Melbourne
- Oct 14, 2009
it will fit just fine. all of the palmrest protectors on the market are not thick enough to interfer it will fit just fine. all of the palmrest protectors on the market are not thick enough to interfere with the application of a hardshell cover. …
- Answered by Mark O from Las Vegas
- Oct 18, 2009