Has anyone used this with slideshark? Can you use notes view and have just the slide view projected, or does it ONLY mirror the ipad?
SlideShark app allows for a "notes view", where I am supposed to be able to see my notes on my ipad, but audience only sees the actual "slide view". I want to know if anybody else has tried this. Does it work?
- Asked by Barbara F from Indianapolis
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone used this with slideshark? Can you use notes view and have just the slide view projected, or does it ONLY mirror the ipad?)
- Asked about: Lightning to VGA Adapter
11 Answers from the Community
SlideShark gives you the option to view your PowerPoint presentation (including all graphics and animations) in full screen or in a notes view where you can see the slide notes, a roll of upcoming slides and a window showing the slide playing through with all the animations (still controlled by clicks/taps), a bit like presenter view on PowerPoint. When you connect your iPad to a second monitor, the second monitor will only ever show the full screen presentation show, but you have the option on the iPad to have a mirror (full screen) or presenter view. You can't see the SlideShark menu on the second screen either, so you can move between different presentations really easily.
For me, it's a superb app and one of the main reasons for getting an iPad. It works really seamlessly, and you can use your iPhone or iPod Touch as a remote too, so you don't even need to hold the iPad.
- Answered by Richard G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Barbara, this works very well. As a presenter you have a timer, a scroll bar with all slides, a slide preview and notes. It is similar to the "presenter view" in PowerPoint. And yes, the audience only sees the main slide (and a laser pointer or annotations if you choose).
- Answered by Michael H from Glenview
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Not only does SlideShark do exactly what you said: it shows the user the full screen view of the slide while the author can view the notes. But it has so many other helpful features for the presenter - A timer to ensure the appropriate amount of time is spent on each slide and the presentation as a whole, the ability to annotate slides by drawing on the iPad, a counter of the number of animations remaining. One of the best features for my company is the Broadcast that allows the presenter to use their iPad with SlideShark just like a Webex-type meeting so others can join remotely via PC or tablet and view the presentation as if they were in the room.
- Answered by Bethany S from Alburnett
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It does work Barbara! Just like with the traditional PPT functionality where only the presenter sees the notes, as is the same with SlideShark. Check it out and have fun!
- Answered by Laura P from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
The audience will only see slide view and not your notes. This is app is the only one I have found that keeps Powerpoint animations like I want them.
- Answered by Carrie G from Nashville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
You hit the nail on the head. The functionality works as you described it. I use it on the go for meetings to showcase new and older presentations. It is effective in a way that people aren't stuck listening to you the entire time! Enjoy it!
- Answered by Brianna R from Totowa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
The app works just like you've described in your question. You can view the notes on your iPad, while the audience sees only the full slides. Additionally, you can jump from one slide to another in your presentation as needed. Hope this helps!
- Answered by Randy G from Cookeville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Yes it works! Slideshark is AWESOME! Hope it helps you with your presenting going forward!
- Answered by Ashleigh K from Foxboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
I have used it in a number of presentations. I have connected my iPad to the projector and used my iPhone as a remote. You can set it up to see the presentation and notes from your iPad while others only see the actual slides. It does work. You can also use your iPhone to navigate to specific slides as well.
- Answered by Derrick R from Peoria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
It works just like power point, it is a great app!
- Answered by Jodi H from Merrimac
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
Yes! It works great - if you're familiar with webex, it's like the presenter view where your audience sees only your slides, but you can keep an eye on notes, etc. There's a Brainshark ideas blog from May 2012 that shows how to use the feature.
- Answered by Cara P from Bangor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
Will this mirror my iPad 2 on screen?
- Asked by Sarah H from Santa Cruz
- Nov 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this mirror my iPad 2 on screen?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
No answers yet
Can the pencil be used in the notes app?
- Asked by Linda Z from Winston Salem
- Mar 25, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the pencil be used in the notes app?)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
Can I use this device to just view the images on the SD memory card without downloading on to the Photo app on my iPad mini3?
- Asked by Debra B from Regina
- Feb 12, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this device to just view the images on the SD memory card without downloading on to the Photo app on my iPad mini3?)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader