21.5-inch: 2.9GHz, Should I upgrade ram or processor? I do a lot of Video Editing + Photoshop
I'm looking to get the 21.5-inch: 2.9GHz and I'm thinking of upgrading either the ram to 16gb or to the 3.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i7. I do a lot of work with Final Cut X and some work on Photoshop.
I'm also upgrading to the 256GB Flash storage.
2 Answers from the Community
Go with 16 GB RAM, I recently got an i5 with 16 GB RAM to replace my i7 with 8 GB RAM. The difference is extremely noticeable, rendering requires a lot more RAM then it does CPU.
- Answered by Brett D from Naperville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I suggest ram. Always ram.
- Answered by Rhonda S from Little Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
27 inch i5 or 21.5 i7 for video editing
- Asked by Cleveland S from New Orleans
- Jul 3, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (27 inch i5 or 21.5 i7 for video editing)
For video edition and design, better processor or better RAM memory?
- Asked by Luis L from Miami
- Jun 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (For video edition and design, better processor or better RAM memory?)