Grounding my macbook air
When I got my macbook air I noticed that you can have an ungrounded plug adapter inserted into the brick or have a cord with a grounded plug inserted. What are the differences in using these different plugs?
- Asked by Angela K from Dartmouth
- Flag as inappropriate (Grounding my macbook air)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
3 Answers from the Community
One is grounded and the other is ungrounded as you mentioned. I find that it is very important to use the three prong/grounded plug when ever you can, just because it is safer. The two prong is great for when traveling since you don't need to carry an extra 3 foot cable with you. Others and I have also found that the MacBooks heat up less when using the grounded cable.
The only real difference is convenience for the consumer.
Hope this answers your question.
- Answered by Matthew S from Prince George
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
yes it will
- Answered by Noel W from Secaucus
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
There is no safety difference whatsoever. The 3 pin grounded cable goes to a 2 pin connector which then plugs into the adaptor.
This means that the grounding is not even connected so there is absolutely no difference safety-wise.
- Answered by Anthony Q from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I use this ear pod on macbook air?
- Asked by Weisiyu J from South Hadley
- Dec 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this ear pod on macbook air?)
- Asked about: EarPods with 3.5 mm Headphone Plug
what cable is needed to connect a new macbook air to my old macbook air
- Asked by Debra P from Saint Petersburg
- May 12, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable is needed to connect a new macbook air to my old macbook air)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m
Is it possible to connect 2 Monitors to my macbook air?
- Asked by Nathan H from Melbourne
- May 25, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect 2 Monitors to my macbook air?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter