Does the SCM SCR3500 Smart Card Reader work with an iPad 2 or is there any smart card reading capability for the iPad 2?
1 Answer from the Community
No and Yes. As of iOS 4.x, there are no Smart Card Services provided by Apple running with which to communicate with a Smart Card Reader (External Accessory) of any type. There are iOS developers currently working with partners in providing integration for specific Smart Card Readers directly into their product largely using their own Bluetooth adaptor to provide the needed BT Serial Profile as well.
There is no USB port on the iPad/iPad2, so you would also need an approved 30-pin External Accessory to support attaching this to the iPad/iPad 2. Then you would need the integration within the Application.
- Answered by Shawn G from Fairfax
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with the SCM SCR3500 Smart Card Reader for an iPad?
- Asked by Tara H from Marysville
- Jul 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the SCM SCR3500 Smart Card Reader for an iPad?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Does the Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader work with iPad Air 2?
- Asked by Andrea B from Carson City
- Nov 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader work with iPad Air 2?)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader