Is there a way to make this work with the iPad Air?
I read that it did not work back is 2012 with anything or than a macbook or imac but now that the iPad Air is out, is there a way to make this work with an iPad Air?
- Asked by Nichole J from Raeford
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to make this work with the iPad Air?)
1 Answer from the Community
No. This is simply a Smart Card Reader - Hardware - which means that you also need to have the necessary software components and integration to be able to use it with an iOS device. As of iOS 7, Apple does not provide any Smart Card / Reader integration into the platform. There are third-party readers that have already been integrated into various Enterprise Applications, but they had to integrate the Smart Card Reader vendor's SDK as well as provide their own support for the particular Smart Cards in use. Also, bear in mind that this reader leverages USB and there is no USB port on an iOS device - and rightly so.
- Answered by Shawn G from Fairfax
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Withings work with iPad Air?
- Asked by Luis G from Lake Balboa
- Nov 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (The Withings work with iPad Air?)
- Asked about: Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Mo…
No answers yet
WI'll it work with iPad air?
- Asked by Anthony L
- Nov 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (WI'll it work with iPad air?)
- Asked about: iRig HD Digital Guitar Interface fo…
No answers yet
Will this make my iRig Midi for keyboards work on Mini iPad?
- Asked by Vicki B from Bonney Lake
- Dec 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this make my iRig Midi for keyboards work on Mini iPad?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter