What's the voltage rating on the Australian version? The store page says 110v but then they'd need a transformer to work here. Are they 220-240v?
2 Answers from the Community
Someone will say it invalidates the warranty but I've been using the 110v ones in NZ for 18 months now. Each bulb actually contains a switching power supply that can cope with 110-240v as many in Europe will attest to. Just do a web search if you like, but note that by ordering here from Apple you are getting 220v certified ones - so no problem although my house measures in at 238v! They are great, big with confidence then look at related services such as IFTTT which can make them even more useful.
- Answered by Rob S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Noticed likewise on the Apple Australia website last week so I decided to visit the physical Apple store. Glad to say they were 240V and the Apple bloke in the store promised he'd get the Voltage shown in the Australian Apple website updated. They're in and running and after changing the dimmer switch they now work brilliantly.
- Answered by Andrew C from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is the power adapter 110v/240v as I travel heaps.. Be great if they where USB powered
- Asked by Heath D from San Francisco
- Apr 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the power adapter 110v/240v as I travel heaps.. Be great if they where USB powered)
- Asked about: Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Speakers
I purchased my 11' Macbook Air in Canada in August. I now live in Croaita and my charger has stopped working. Will a European charger work?
- Asked by Susan V from Oakville
- May 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I purchased my 11' Macbook Air in Canada in August. I now live in Croaita and my charger has stopped working. Will a European charger work?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
What is the Input Voltage for this unit ? Is it Dual Voltage (110V/240V) ?
- Asked by Ali A from Dearborn
- Dec 3, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the Input Voltage for this unit ? Is it Dual Voltage (110V/240V) ?)
- Asked about: Bretford PowerSync Cart for iPad wi…