Can you use this in a car without an auxiliary port, just using the cigarette lighter outlet?
I'm looking to purchase an item that will play my daughters 5th Generation ipod through the car speakers and act as a hands free for my husbands iphone 4. If I can use this, what adaptors will I need for the ipod or iphone as obviously each has a different connection.Many Thanks
1 Answer from the Community
The short answer is no. However, have you looked to see if your auxilliary port is just hard to find? Nearly all models newer than 2005 have an auxilliary port, but some of them are very well hidden. Also, if you have an after-market stereo system they almost always have an auxiliary port. If your car doesn't have one of these, you can opt for an FM Transmitter model (though I personally don't find these work very well, especially in big cities where almost all the FM band is used by radio stations). Or there are more expensive packages to instal an auxilliary port to your existing stereo.
- Answered by Kevin W from Port Dover
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How does it prevent from rotating at the cigarette lighter plug, and total collapse of the mount and phone along with it?
- Asked by Billy C
- Jan 15, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How does it prevent from rotating at the cigarette lighter plug, and total collapse of the mount and phone along with it?)
- Asked about: Belkin Car Charge and Navigation Mo…
So is the Swivel charger (part) for an outlet, car, and/or both?
- Asked by Glenda V from Phoenix
- Sep 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (So is the Swivel charger (part) for an outlet, car, and/or both?)
- Asked about: Belkin Swivel Charger + Lightning C…
Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?
- Asked by Cheryl C from Damascus
- Jan 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable