Can the strip be "on" all the time, even when it's not outputting any light? I want to have this hidden and only control lighting from the iPhone App.
The problem is that I noticed in some unboxing videos that there's an on/off switch to control the light on/off. I want to control on/off remotely through the iPhone app (or the Logitech Ultimate which controls Hue light bulbs).
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, it is possible to turn these lightstrips on and off exclusively using the Hue app on your iPhone. This is exactly how I use mine. It plugs directly into an AC outlet and is controlled by the app (on/off, color, brightness).
- Answered by Marian P from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Mine are powered at all times, and controlled by the iPhone.
- Answered by John B from Wodonga
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How can I control Philips Hue lights with Siri?
- Asked by Darcy J from Bulgarra
- Oct 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I control Philips Hue lights with Siri?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Starte…
Can I connect this to 2 iPhones at the same time? Mine and Wife for example?
- Asked by Martin F from Plano
- Jan 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect this to 2 iPhones at the same time? Mine and Wife for example?)
- Asked about: Belkin WeMo Switch
Turn off all lights or just some?
- Asked by Alex E from Boerne
- Jul 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Turn off all lights or just some?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue tap Switch
No answers yet