Can these bulbs be used with a dimmer switch?
I don't want to have to find my phone just to dim a light when I walk into the room, and the light I want to use this bulbs with already has a dimmer switch.
- Asked by Bart S from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Can these bulbs be used with a dimmer switch?)
3 Answers from the Community
I have the original Hue bulbs and they can not be dimmed with a wall dimmer switch. When they are dimmed they just go out. the dimmer has to be set to the max position. They have to be controlled by the app or they can be turned on and off to the default white light if the wall switch is cycled.
- Answered by Josh N from Abilene
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You should not use the Hue bulbs with a dimmer switch. Even if it works with the dimmer at full, you may hear annoying buzzing sounds. If you hear a buzz, try moving the bulb to a non-dimmer circuit to compare.
- Answered by Cour Du V from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You can use them on a switch with a dimmer, but you need to have it cranked up to the brightest setting for them to work. If you try to dim them at all, they will turn off completely.
- Answered by Erin H from Tigard
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can the Hue Lux bulb be controlled via a physical dimmer switch?
- Asked by Jorge C from Charleston
- Sep 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Hue Lux bulb be controlled via a physical dimmer switch?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Lux Starter Pack
What is the on/off switch on the battery case used for?
- Asked by Christian S
- Dec 23, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the on/off switch on the battery case used for?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English