Will the BR30 bulbs work in a high hat or can light in the ceiling?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, but another Philips option that is not part of the Hue system is the 13w Dimtone. These are 65w equivalent, and become warmer when dimmed. I'm using hue in accent lamps, and dimtone for main recessed lighting.
The hue BR30 is only 8w, and it difficult to automate satisfactorily when used in ceiling fixtures that are frequently turned on and off from a wall switch.
- Answered by Don M from La Grange
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the Phillips Hue light bulbs be used to replace ceiling fan light bulbs?
- Asked by Giancarlo Z from Irvine
- Oct 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Phillips Hue light bulbs be used to replace ceiling fan light bulbs?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Single…
Can it control a ceiling light or must it be a light that plugs in?
- Asked by Jennifer T from New York
- Dec 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it control a ceiling light or must it be a light that plugs in?)
- Asked about: Belkin WeMo Switch