Does it work with Airplay?
Well, does it?
- Asked by Joel C S from Viola
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with Airplay?)
4 Answers from the Community
No. Bluetooth is the only wireless standard supported by this speaker. Pair it with an airport express if you would like AirPlay capability. I would recommend an optical cable between the two.
- Answered by Kyle B from Franklin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It will indeed work with your airplay network provided that you: a) have an airport express or extreme to plug into, and b) you use the 1/8" jack to hardware the Marshall speaker into the airport express so that you receive the signal via your airport network setup. The Marshall speaker could also be used with the Bluetooth capabilities it has, however you would then eliminate the airplay capabilities as most Bluetooth capable electronics are only able to source signal to one type of connection at a time.
- Answered by David C from Osprey
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. You can use bluetooth (wireless), RCA, optical (TOSLINK) or 3.5mm (1/8in) audio cable.
- Answered by Kutter C from Durham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes it works with air play. Works best with toslink optical audio cable which comes with 3.5mm adapter. Then use airplay, works flawlessly, sounds great, can control volume through iPad ( no remote)
- Answered by Adam J from Fiskdale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Does it work with airplay?
- Asked by Stephen V from Tampa
- Oct 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with airplay?)
- Asked about: Marshall Kilburn Portable Wireless …
No answers yet
Does Bose SoundLink work with airplay to an Apple TV? I have the 4th generation Apple TV.
- Asked by Benjamin W from Bradenton
- Nov 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Bose SoundLink work with airplay to an Apple TV? I have the 4th generation Apple TV.)
- Asked about: Bose® SoundLink® Color Bluetooth Sp…