Can two MacBook Pros with Retina Display access / work with the stored content at the same time?
Example: When editing with Final Cut X using two separate MacBook Pros but working with footage stored on the same PROMISE Pegasus2 12/18TB system.
1 Answer from the Community
You can't direct connect two MacBook Pros to the same thunderbolt drive. However, you can have one MacBook Pro share the Pegasus2 data with the 2nd MacBook Pro over ethernet. The first MacBook Pro would act as a file server and provide a share point that many computers can access.
- Answered by Joseph A from Deerfield Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect two MacBook pros and use one to mirror the display of the other?
- Asked by Marsha G from Hampton
- Jan 22, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect two MacBook pros and use one to mirror the display of the other?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…
Does this product work with older MacBook Pros' without Retina display? (Macbook Pro 2011 A1278)
- Asked by David H from Annapolis
- Dec 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this product work with older MacBook Pros' without Retina display? (Macbook Pro 2011 A1278))
- Asked about: Elgato Thunderbolt 2 Dock