Does this support the weight of a GoPro Hero 3+?
I would like to be able to place my GoPro Hero 3+ on the bottom of the Parrot Drove and get awesome aerial shots from above. Is this possible?
- Asked by Stephanie B from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this support the weight of a GoPro Hero 3+?)
2 Answers from the Community
The GoPro Hero 3+ is light enough the AR Drone should be able to easily carry the weight. Stability may be more difficult, as the Drone is not specifically designed to counterbalance extra weight. Affixing the GoPro to the AR Drone may be the more difficult part, as there are no officially made mounts available. But in theory can be done, and has by several people. I suggest you do a google search. and observe other's home made mounts.
- Answered by Taylor R from Rhome
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I think the camera on this drone is more than enough for great video. Parrot drones are really looking out be honest great entry level fun out of the box. I got to try the originals and then the revised ones and they are really fun. They shoot good video and most of all are easy to fly for beginers. I currently use a much more advanced product which is designed just to carry the Go Pro 3 plus. I do not start out with this advanced hobby drone though. I started with a much smaller one. My point in all this is purchase a drone that does what you want but consider starting with something like this for now to have lots of fun in the begining. I totally agree with the other reviewer too that search the Internet for tons of Parrot hacks but save that for later :).
- Answered by Richard W from Northport
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will it charge my GoPro Hero3+
- Asked by D J C
- May 22, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it charge my GoPro Hero3+)
- Asked about: Apple 5W USB Power Adapter
No answers yet
Will it work with my GoPro Hero3?
- Asked by Elizabeth L from Kelowna
- Dec 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with my GoPro Hero3?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
No answers yet