Can the lock still be picked or defeated with a bump key?
I like the concept of the electronic lock, but I don't like that they still left the standard key hole. I understand that you need a back up if there is a power/internet outage, if your phone dies, or if you lose your phone. When it comes to the lock on my front door, I care more about security than a second of convenience. But, have they made the lock tamper resistant? Can't the bad guys just use a bump key to defeat the lock?
- Asked by Paul J from Kingwood
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the lock still be picked or defeated with a bump key?)
3 Answers from the Community
Kwikset Smartkey cannot be bump but they can be force open with a hand made tool very easily. Bad guys are targeting these locks (Or any locks that use smartkey) since they are so easy to open. Don't take my word for it. Do a google search on kwikset smartkey bypass and see for yourself. It even feature on some online media like cent and wired.
- Answered by Albert C from Daly City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The lock may have a traditional keyhole but it can't be picked or bumped. This lock uses kwiksets new rekey technology with makes it impervious to that kind of attach
- Answered by James P from New Bedford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No it is bump proof per UL specs
- Answered by Terry C from Kissimmee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
what if you lose the lock key
- Asked by Francine M from Columbia
- Sep 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (what if you lose the lock key)
- Asked about: Kensington MicroSaver Lock
Can you tell if the Caps Lock key is on or off?
- Asked by Michael O from San Diego
- May 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you tell if the Caps Lock key is on or off?)
- Asked about: Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyb…
No answers yet